|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What the difference is between town and country.
(b) What she feels about him.
(c) What she dreams about at night.
(d) What the third Real Thing is.
2. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A small sculpture of an apple.
(b) A picture of a nude woman.
(c) An engraved cigarette case.
(d) A deck of risque playing cards.
3. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(b) To distract herself from the awful food.
(c) To impress Van.
(d) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
4. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(c) The governess.
5. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
(a) Being scolded by the governess.
(b) Riding a horse.
(d) Holding hands with Blanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
2. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
3. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
4. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
5. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)