|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(b) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
(c) A visiting painter and a horse.
(d) A statue and a dog.
2. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
(a) At the stables behind Ardis Hall.
(b) At Maidenhair Road and Tourbiure Lane.
(c) At the creek in the woods.
(d) At the islet in Lake Ladore.
3. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
(a) She is allergic to roses.
(b) She likes roses, but not as much as daisies.
(c) She adoes roses.
(d) She hates roses.
4. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A monogramed handkerchief.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A small, jeweled butterfly.
(d) A diamond necklace.
5. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(a) His aunt shaking him.
(c) A bell.
(d) The governess bringing tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
2. What happens to the weather during Demon's dinner with Marina, Van, and Ada?
3. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
4. What stage name does Van perform under?
5. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)