|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bout comment is covered in dust?
(a) A book.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A globe.
2. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
(a) Her lipstick.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her braided hair.
(d) Her dress.
3. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a new hat and coat.
(b) Buying a book for Marina.
(c) Washing in a stream.
(d) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
4. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Ada and Van.
(b) Van and Marina.
(c) Ada and the governess.
(d) Marina and the governess.
5. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
(a) Heart rending sounds.
(b) Rays of hope.
(c) Bursting memories.
(d) Sickening sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
2. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
3. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
5. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)