|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
(a) His aunt and his father.
(b) His former governess and his cousin Lucette.
(c) His two cousins, Ada and Lucette.
(d) Dark Veen.
2. Where was Van born?
3. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a bathroom.
4. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
(a) Grapefruit juice.
(b) Lime juice.
(c) Apple juice.
(d) Tomato juice.
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A play room.
(c) A school room.
(d) A greenhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
2. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
3. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
4. What color are Ada's eyes?
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)