|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(b) To take Ada to a dance.
(c) To lend the governess a book.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
2. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A small, jeweled butterfly.
(b) A monogramed handkerchief.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
3. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(b) The governess bringing tea.
(c) His aunt shaking him.
(d) A bell.
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Greek about tennis.
(b) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(c) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(d) An article in Dutch about oystering.
5. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
Short Answer Questions
1. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
2. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
3. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
4. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
5. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)