|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the dining room.
2. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
(b) Her mother when she first gave birth.
(c) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
(d) Her father when he took his third lover.
3. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) An hour.
(b) Ninety minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
4. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To lend the governess a book.
(b) To return Marina's lighter.
(c) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(d) To take Ada to a dance.
5. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About two years.
(b) About three weeks.
(c) About eighteen months.
(d) About nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marina suspect might be Van's reason for leaving?
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
3. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
4. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
5. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)