|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
(b) A statue and a dog.
(c) A visiting painter and a horse.
(d) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
2. What does Bout comment is covered in dust?
(a) A book.
(b) A globe.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A mirror.
3. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
(a) At the creek in the woods.
(b) At Maidenhair Road and Tourbiure Lane.
(c) At the stables behind Ardis Hall.
(d) At the islet in Lake Ladore.
4. What feature of Ada does Van most delight in?
(a) Her forehead.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her eyebrows.
5. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What she feels about him.
(b) What she dreams about at night.
(c) What the difference is between town and country.
(d) What the third Real Thing is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doctor does Ada go to visit?
2. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
3. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
4. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
5. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)