|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
(a) At Maidenhair Road and Tourbiure Lane.
(b) At the creek in the woods.
(c) At the stables behind Ardis Hall.
(d) At the islet in Lake Ladore.
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(b) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(c) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
(d) The first Manhattan brownstone.
3. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To escape from her for a few minutes.
(b) To attempt to drown her.
(c) Because Lucette smells bad.
(d) Because Lucette hates baths.
4. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
(a) A subscription to the Chose Chase magazine.
(b) A trip to Australia and Nice.
(c) Entrance into the Venus Villa Club.
(d) A position with his father's company.
5. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
2. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
3. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
4. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
5. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)