|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 39-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
(b) Her mother when she first gave birth.
(c) Her father when he took his third lover.
(d) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
2. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
3. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
4. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(b) They are angry and want to each be alone.
(c) Rain has started to pour down.
(d) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
5. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A hat.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
2. What stage name does Van perform under?
3. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
4. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
5. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)