|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(d) The governess.
2. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) In the dining room.
3. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(b) To distract herself from the awful food.
(c) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(d) To impress Van.
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A play room.
(b) A greenhouse.
(c) A school room.
(d) A swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
2. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
3. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
4. What does Dack run through the house with?
5. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)