|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About two years.
(d) About eighteen months.
2. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(b) To take Ada to a dance.
(c) To lend the governess a book.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
3. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Holding hands with Blanche.
(c) Being scolded by the governess.
4. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A girl who works at the movie theater.
(b) A girl in his class at school.
(c) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(d) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
2. What does Ana raise?
3. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
4. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
5. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)