|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To return Marina's lighter.
(b) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(c) To lend the governess a book.
(d) To take Ada to a dance.
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(b) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(c) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(d) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
3. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) His aunt.
(b) Only servants.
(c) His father.
(d) Only animals.
4. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
5. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A picture of a nude woman.
(b) An engraved cigarette case.
(c) A deck of risque playing cards.
(d) A small sculpture of an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
2. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
3. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
4. What does Ana raise?
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)