|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Do a somersault.
(b) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(c) Walk on her hands.
(d) Do a cartwheel.
2. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
3. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their lips.
(c) Their noses.
(d) Their hands.
4. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
(a) His former governess and his cousin Lucette.
(b) His two cousins, Ada and Lucette.
(c) Dark Veen.
(d) His aunt and his father.
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(b) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
2. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
3. Where is Van and Ada's first sexual encounter?
4. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
5. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)