|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) A gazebo.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A barn.
2. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) Feburary 12.
(b) March 7.
(c) April 2.
(d) January 5.
3. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A deck of risque playing cards.
(b) An engraved cigarette case.
(c) A picture of a nude woman.
(d) A small sculpture of an apple.
4. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A statue and a dog.
(b) A visiting painter and a horse.
(c) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(d) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
5. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
(a) Being scolded by the governess.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Holding hands with Blanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
2. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
3. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
4. What does Ana raise?
5. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)