|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What the difference is between town and country.
(b) What she dreams about at night.
(c) What the third Real Thing is.
(d) What she feels about him.
3. Where is Van and Ada's first sexual encounter?
(a) In a pond.
(b) In an apple tree.
(c) In Van's room.
(d) In a cave.
4. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(b) To lend the governess a book.
(c) To take Ada to a dance.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
5. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A deck of risque playing cards.
(b) A small sculpture of an apple.
(c) A picture of a nude woman.
(d) An engraved cigarette case.
Short Answer Questions
1. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
2. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
3. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
4. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
5. What does Dack run through the house with?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)