|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
2. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) Feburary 12.
(b) March 7.
(c) April 2.
(d) January 5.
3. What color are Ada's eyes?
4. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(b) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(c) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
(d) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
5. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He spread rumors about Demon.
(b) He spread rumors about Marina.
(c) He was having an affair with Marina.
(d) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
2. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
3. What contact with Ada excites Van?
4. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
5. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)