|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
(b) He was having an affair with Marina.
(c) He spread rumors about Demon.
(d) He spread rumors about Marina.
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
(b) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(c) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(d) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
3. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(d) The governess.
4. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Do a somersault.
(b) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(c) Do a cartwheel.
(d) Walk on her hands.
5. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) April 2.
(b) Feburary 12.
(c) January 5.
(d) March 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
2. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
3. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
4. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
5. What color are Ada's eyes?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)