|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
2. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About two years.
(d) About eighteen months.
3. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(b) A statue and a dog.
(c) A visiting painter and a horse.
(d) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
4. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
(b) He spread rumors about Demon.
(c) He was having an affair with Marina.
(d) He spread rumors about Marina.
5. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(b) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(c) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
(d) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
2. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
3. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
4. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
5. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)