|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
(a) Bursting memories.
(b) Rays of hope.
(c) Heart rending sounds.
(d) Sickening sadness.
2. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
3. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About nine months.
(b) About two years.
(c) About eighteen months.
(d) About three weeks.
4. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What the difference is between town and country.
(b) What she dreams about at night.
(c) What the third Real Thing is.
(d) What she feels about him.
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(c) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
2. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
3. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
4. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
5. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)