|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their hands.
(b) Their noses.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their lips.
2. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(c) The governness.
3. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(b) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(c) They are angry and want to each be alone.
(d) Rain has started to pour down.
4. What contact with Ada excites Van?
(a) He gives her a pony-ride.
(b) They wrestle.
(c) They hide together in a cave.
(d) She sits on his lap.
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
2. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
3. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
4. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
5. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)