|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(b) His father.
2. What was Van's first novel called?
(a) Letters from Terra.
(b) Ardors in Ardis.
(c) Les enfants.
(d) In the Three-Ninth Kingdom.
3. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
4. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
(a) They write letters reversed and read them in mirrors.
(b) They write letters in code.
(c) They write letters in disappearing ink.
(d) They deliver letters only in person and burn them after reading.
5. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) At the dentist.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At a picnic.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
2. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
3. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
4. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
5. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)