|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Seeing a film.
(b) Going to a dance.
(c) Going to a pool party.
(d) Seeing a comedy show.
2. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
3. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she's not sure she can.
(b) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
(c) Yes, she promises she will.
(d) No, she is adamant that she will not.
4. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Carrying groceries.
(b) Buying flowers.
(c) Talking to dogs.
(d) Coddling a baby.
5. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(b) To lend the governess a book.
(c) To take Ada to a dance.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
2. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
3. What activity does Marina do out on the lawn?
4. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
5. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)