|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
(a) In the music room, playing the piano.
(b) In Lucette's room, reading her a book.
(c) In her bedroom, fast asleep.
(d) On a balcony, peeling an apple.
2. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He spread rumors about Marina.
(b) He was having an affair with Marina.
(c) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
(d) He spread rumors about Demon.
3. What occurs as Van enters the hotel to meet Ada?
(a) He runs into a door.
(b) He is hit by a ball.
(c) He runs into a small child.
(d) He trips over a suitcase.
4. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(b) Furnished Space.
(d) The Texture of Time.
5. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) A safe in his library.
(b) Inside his pillow.
(c) Inside a book of flowers.
(d) A safe in a Swiss bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
2. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
3. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
4. How does Ada introduce her husband to Van?
5. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)