|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Ada's lover.
(b) Van's lawyer.
(c) Demon's business partner.
(d) Lucette's doctor.
2. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
(b) He spread rumors about Marina.
(c) He was having an affair with Marina.
(d) He spread rumors about Demon.
3. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
(b) A tie.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A hat.
4. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Holding hands with Blanche.
(c) Being scolded by the governess.
5. What is done with Marina's body after she dies?
(a) It is buried at Ardis Hall.
(b) It is cremated.
(c) It is buried next to her husband.
(d) It is donated to science.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
2. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
3. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
4. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
5. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)