|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A small sculpture of an apple.
(b) A deck of risque playing cards.
(c) A picture of a nude woman.
(d) An engraved cigarette case.
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a new hat and coat.
(b) Buying a book for Marina.
(c) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(d) Washing in a stream.
3. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
(a) The forecastle deck.
(b) The main deck.
(c) The sun deck.
(d) The promeade deck.
4. Who does the woman on the boat mistake Van for?
(a) Drew Dawson.
(b) Avery Andrews.
(c) Sidney Star.
(d) Vivian Vale.
5. What is Lucette studying in 1892?
(a) History of Literature.
(b) History of Philosophy.
(c) History of Music.
(d) History of Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
2. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
3. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
4. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
5. What color does Demon dye his hair?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)