|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(b) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(c) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(d) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
2. Where do Ada and Van go, where Van compares Ada's body to the girlish body of the past?
(a) A small island in Lake Ladore.
(b) A mushroom cave behind a small wood.
(c) A tumbled down tower in a meadow.
(d) The stables where the horses are kept.
3. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
4. What board game is "Flavita" a Russian version of?
5. What part does Ada play in the film "The Young and the Doomed"?
(a) A governess.
(b) A murdering widow.
(c) A pair of twins.
(d) A barmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
2. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
3. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
4. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
5. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)