|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
(a) A toy.
(c) A hand-mirror.
2. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
(a) Relieved and guilty.
(b) Angry and bitter.
(c) Annoyed but grateful.
(d) Happy and sad.
3. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
(b) Her mother when she first gave birth.
(c) Her father when he took his third lover.
(d) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
4. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(b) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(c) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(d) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
5. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
2. Who does the woman on the boat mistake Van for?
3. When Demon is sixty, how old is his Spanish lover?
4. What does VPL stand for?
5. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)