|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Put it in a museum.
(c) Add more flowers to it.
(d) Destroy it.
2. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Greek about tennis.
(b) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(c) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(d) An article in Dutch about oystering.
3. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photographs of her and Van.
(b) Photography of her and Rank.
(c) Photographs of her and Percy.
(d) Photographs of her and Lucette.
4. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
(a) Shorts and a blue shirt.
(b) A robe and slippers.
(c) A yellow tennis outfit.
(d) A long white formal dress.
5. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
(a) The forecastle deck.
(b) The main deck.
(c) The promeade deck.
(d) The sun deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman on the boat mistake Van for?
2. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
3. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
4. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
5. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)