|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twelve years.
2. Where was Van born?
3. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Seeing a film.
(b) Seeing a comedy show.
(c) Going to a dance.
(d) Going to a pool party.
4. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Walk on her hands.
(b) Do a somersault.
(c) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(d) Do a cartwheel.
5. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Ada's lover.
(b) Lucette's doctor.
(c) Demon's business partner.
(d) Van's lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
2. How did Ada feel about acting tips from Marina?
3. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
4. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
5. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)