Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does VPL stand for?
(a) Very Private Letters.
(b) Valuing Personal Liabilities.
(c) Veen Partners Limited.
(d) Variegated Plastic Linings.
2. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Talking to dogs.
(b) Carrying groceries.
(c) Coddling a baby.
(d) Buying flowers.
3. How does Ada introduce her husband to Van?
(a) She forgets to introduce him.
(b) She gives a familiar nickname.
(c) She gives his full, formal name.
(d) She calls him her husband.
4. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What she feels about him.
(b) What the difference is between town and country.
(c) What the third Real Thing is.
(d) What she dreams about at night.
5. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(b) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(c) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
(d) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
2. What is Ada's hair like?
3. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
4. What was Van's first novel called?
5. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)