|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) Inside a book of flowers.
(b) Inside his pillow.
(c) A safe in his library.
(d) A safe in a Swiss bank.
2. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Untouchable angel of death.
(b) Undertaker to the insecta.
(c) In mourning for a lost flower.
(d) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
3. Does Van talk to Ada before he leaves?
(a) No, he carefully avoids her.
(b) No, he cannot find her.
(c) Yes, he seeks her out.
(d) Yes, but he didn't plan to.
4. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
(a) Exotic and mundane dreams.
(b) Professional and erotic dreams.
(c) Frightening and entrancing dreams.
(d) Lucid and unremembered dreams.
5. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
(a) A yellow tennis outfit.
(b) A long white formal dress.
(c) A robe and slippers.
(d) Shorts and a blue shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
2. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
3. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
4. What does Ana raise?
5. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)