|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her mother when she first gave birth.
(b) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
(c) Her father when he took his third lover.
(d) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
2. What was Van's first novel called?
(a) Ardors in Ardis.
(b) In the Three-Ninth Kingdom.
(c) Les enfants.
(d) Letters from Terra.
3. What does Blanche tell Van?
(a) That the governess knows of Van and Ada's affair.
(b) That Lucette is planning to run away with him.
(c) That Marina is having an affair with Pedro.
(d) That Ada has slept with someone else.
4. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 1825 guineas.
(b) 3650 guineas.
(c) 7300 guineas.
(d) 5475 guineas.
5. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(d) Overly affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
2. Does Van talk to Ada before he leaves?
3. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
4. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
5. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)