|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contact with Ada excites Van?
(a) She sits on his lap.
(b) He gives her a pony-ride.
(c) They wrestle.
(d) They hide together in a cave.
2. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(c) Overly affectionate.
3. What does VPL stand for?
(a) Variegated Plastic Linings.
(b) Valuing Personal Liabilities.
(c) Very Private Letters.
(d) Veen Partners Limited.
4. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(b) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(c) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(d) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
5. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What she feels about him.
(b) What she dreams about at night.
(c) What the difference is between town and country.
(d) What the third Real Thing is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Demon dye his hair?
2. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
3. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
4. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)