|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
2. What does Marina suspect might be Van's reason for leaving?
(a) His father is ill.
(b) He has left a girlfriend in London.
(c) He is angry at something she said.
(d) He is eloping with Blanche.
3. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
(b) Undertaker to the insecta.
(c) In mourning for a lost flower.
(d) Untouchable angel of death.
4. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I miss you.
(b) I need you.
(c) I love you.
(d) I implore you.
5. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she is adamant that she will not.
(b) No, she's not sure she can.
(c) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
(d) Yes, she promises she will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
2. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
3. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
4. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
5. What does Blanche tell Van?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)