|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
2. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A small, jeweled butterfly.
(d) A monogramed handkerchief.
3. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
(a) She is allergic to roses.
(b) She adoes roses.
(c) She likes roses, but not as much as daisies.
(d) She hates roses.
4. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
(a) A subscription to the Chose Chase magazine.
(b) Entrance into the Venus Villa Club.
(c) A trip to Australia and Nice.
(d) A position with his father's company.
5. Where was Van born?
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
2. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
3. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
4. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
5. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)