|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
(b) David van Veen.
(c) The Head Venus Luminary.
(d) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
2. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) At a picnic.
(b) At the dentist.
(c) In the library.
(d) At the zoo.
3. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A monogramed handkerchief.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A small, jeweled butterfly.
4. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(b) Herr Masoch.
(d) Heinrch Muller.
5. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Van's lawyer.
(b) Ada's lover.
(c) Lucette's doctor.
(d) Demon's business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
2. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
3. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
4. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
5. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)