|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(d) The governess.
2. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 7300 guineas.
(b) 3650 guineas.
(c) 5475 guineas.
(d) 1825 guineas.
3. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
(a) Lucid and unremembered dreams.
(b) Frightening and entrancing dreams.
(c) Professional and erotic dreams.
(d) Exotic and mundane dreams.
4. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
(a) Apple juice.
(b) Grapefruit juice.
(c) Lime juice.
(d) Tomato juice.
5. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has strained her back.
(b) She has broken her ankle.
(c) She has bruised her ribs.
(d) She has sprained her wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
2. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
3. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
4. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
5. Where was Van born?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)