|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
(a) Cyprus Compromises.
(b) Crimea Capitulates.
(c) Romania Reconsiders.
(d) Dominica Dominates.
2. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(b) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
(c) A hambone from the kitchen.
(d) Clothes from Van's room.
3. Where was Van born?
4. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) In the library.
(c) At the dentist.
(d) At a picnic.
5. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(d) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
2. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
3. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
4. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
5. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)