|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A school room.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A play room.
2. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(c) Overly affectionate.
3. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
(a) At the islet in Lake Ladore.
(b) At Maidenhair Road and Tourbiure Lane.
(c) At the creek in the woods.
(d) At the stables behind Ardis Hall.
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(b) A gray shirt and shorts.
(c) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
(d) A bathing suit and green towel.
5. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Ada's lover.
(b) Van's lawyer.
(c) Lucette's doctor.
(d) Demon's business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
2. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
3. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
4. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
5. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)