|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(b) The headmistress.
(d) No one.
2. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I implore you.
(b) I need you.
(c) I miss you.
(d) I love you.
3. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a new hat and coat.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a book for Marina.
(d) Washing in a stream.
4. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
(a) To find a quiet place to lie down.
(b) To say goodbye to the family.
(c) To look for a restroom.
(d) To find a back way out of the house.
5. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
2. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
3. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
4. What color does Demon dye his hair?
5. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)