|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
(a) To say goodbye to the family.
(b) To find a quiet place to lie down.
(c) To look for a restroom.
(d) To find a back way out of the house.
2. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I implore you.
(b) I need you.
(c) I miss you.
(d) I love you.
3. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
4. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(b) The governess.
5. What contact with Ada excites Van?
(a) They hide together in a cave.
(b) She sits on his lap.
(c) They wrestle.
(d) He gives her a pony-ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
3. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
4. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
5. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)