|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) A hambone from the kitchen.
(b) Clothes from Van's room.
(c) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(d) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
2. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she is adamant that she will not.
(b) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
(c) Yes, she promises she will.
(d) No, she's not sure she can.
3. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Washing in a stream.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a book for Marina.
(d) Buying a new hat and coat.
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(b) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(c) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(d) An article in Greek about tennis.
5. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
(a) Crimea Capitulates.
(b) Dominica Dominates.
(c) Cyprus Compromises.
(d) Romania Reconsiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Marina do out on the lawn?
2. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
3. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
4. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
5. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)