|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) A hambone from the kitchen.
(b) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(c) Clothes from Van's room.
(d) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
2. What does VPL stand for?
(a) Variegated Plastic Linings.
(b) Very Private Letters.
(c) Valuing Personal Liabilities.
(d) Veen Partners Limited.
3. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(c) Heinrch Muller.
(d) Herr Masoch.
4. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
5. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
(b) Her father when he took his third lover.
(c) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
(d) Her mother when she first gave birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
2. What activity does Marina do out on the lawn?
3. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
4. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
5. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)