|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) Inside his pillow.
(b) A safe in a Swiss bank.
(c) Inside a book of flowers.
(d) A safe in his library.
2. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
(a) Greg and Percy.
(b) Van and Dan.
(c) Greg and Dan.
(d) Van and Percy.
3. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) Monogramed handkerchiefs.
(d) A box of mints.
4. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(a) The headmistress.
(b) No one.
5. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(a) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
2. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
3. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
4. What does VPL stand for?
5. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)