|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(a) No one.
(c) The headmistress.
2. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 7300 guineas.
(b) 3650 guineas.
(c) 5475 guineas.
(d) 1825 guineas.
3. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) An hour.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Ninety minutes.
4. What does Blanche tell Van?
(a) That the governess knows of Van and Ada's affair.
(b) That Lucette is planning to run away with him.
(c) That Ada has slept with someone else.
(d) That Marina is having an affair with Pedro.
5. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) Inside his pillow.
(b) A safe in his library.
(c) Inside a book of flowers.
(d) A safe in a Swiss bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
2. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
3. What does Ana raise?
4. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
5. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)