|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(b) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
(c) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(d) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
2. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
3. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has bruised her ribs.
(b) She has broken her ankle.
(c) She has sprained her wrist.
(d) She has strained her back.
4. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Ninety minutes.
(d) An hour.
5. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
(b) Undertaker to the insecta.
(c) Untouchable angel of death.
(d) In mourning for a lost flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ada's hair like?
2. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
3. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
5. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)