|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
(a) A box of mints.
(b) A book.
(c) Monogramed handkerchiefs.
(d) A bracelet.
2. What does Blanche tell Van?
(a) That Ada has slept with someone else.
(b) That Marina is having an affair with Pedro.
(c) That the governess knows of Van and Ada's affair.
(d) That Lucette is planning to run away with him.
3. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Marina and the governess.
(b) Ada and Van.
(c) Van and Marina.
(d) Ada and the governess.
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(b) A bathing suit and green towel.
(c) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
(d) A gray shirt and shorts.
5. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
(a) A subscription to the Chose Chase magazine.
(b) A position with his father's company.
(c) Entrance into the Venus Villa Club.
(d) A trip to Australia and Nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
3. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
4. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
5. Where was Van born?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)