|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(b) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
(c) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(d) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
2. What color does Demon dye his hair?
3. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
(a) Six hundred.
(c) Six thousand.
4. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she's not sure she can.
(b) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
(c) No, she is adamant that she will not.
(d) Yes, she promises she will.
5. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(c) Heinrch Muller.
(d) Herr Masoch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
2. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
3. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
5. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)