|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) Monogramed handkerchiefs.
(d) A box of mints.
2. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) A safe in his library.
(b) A safe in a Swiss bank.
(c) Inside his pillow.
(d) Inside a book of flowers.
3. What does VPL stand for?
(a) Valuing Personal Liabilities.
(b) Veen Partners Limited.
(c) Very Private Letters.
(d) Variegated Plastic Linings.
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(c) An article in Greek about tennis.
(d) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
5. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To attempt to drown her.
(b) To escape from her for a few minutes.
(c) Because Lucette hates baths.
(d) Because Lucette smells bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
2. What is Ada's hair like?
3. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
4. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
5. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)