|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the dentist.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At a picnic.
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a book for Marina.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a new hat and coat.
(d) Washing in a stream.
3. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
(a) She is in the bath.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is reading a book.
(d) She is brushing her hair.
4. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) A rude joke.
(b) A caterpillar.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A ringing phone.
5. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Composing songs.
(b) Learning to master chess.
(c) Beginning to learn to paint.
(d) Beginning to write his first book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
2. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
3. Who is Van's second for the duel?
4. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
5. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)