|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(b) His father.
2. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has sprained her wrist.
(b) She has broken her ankle.
(c) She has bruised her ribs.
(d) She has strained her back.
3. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Carrying groceries.
(b) Coddling a baby.
(c) Buying flowers.
(d) Talking to dogs.
4. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Six months.
5. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
2. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
3. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
4. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
5. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)