|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
(a) Elysium and Hel.
(b) Terrafirma and Terraductile.
(c) Shadia and Paradisia.
(d) Demonia and Antiterra.
2. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
3. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
(a) The public library.
(b) The art museum.
(c) The local park.
(d) The university.
4. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Talking to dogs.
(b) Buying flowers.
(c) Carrying groceries.
(d) Coddling a baby.
5. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A ringing phone.
(c) A rude joke.
(d) A caterpillar.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
2. Who does Van see on the train?
3. Who is Van's second for the duel?
4. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
5. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)