|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
(a) President Alexander Screepatch and King Victor.
(b) Lord Evan Vanderley and Duke Hawthorne.
(c) Queen Margaritte and Prince Aubrey.
(d) President Claudia Sauter and King Alexander.
2. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) A caterpillar.
(b) A rude joke.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A ringing phone.
3. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
(a) Comedy, Coleridge, and cabbage.
(b) Cubism, communism, and cabaret.
(c) Children, country, and complaints.
(d) Cactuses, cattle, and cooking.
4. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
(b) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(c) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
(d) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
5. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Buying flowers.
(b) Talking to dogs.
(c) Coddling a baby.
(d) Carrying groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
2. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
3. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
4. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
5. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)