|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
2. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
3. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
(b) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
(c) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(d) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
4. Who is Van's second for the duel?
5. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
(a) That his left arm is shorter than his right.
(b) That his neck is as versatile as a tail.
(c) That, while inverted, he is walking on Terra.
(d) That his arms are disconnected from his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
2. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
3. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
5. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)