|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(b) His father.
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Ninety minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
3. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Composing songs.
(b) Beginning to learn to paint.
(c) Learning to master chess.
(d) Beginning to write his first book.
4. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
(b) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
(c) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(d) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
5. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Buying flowers.
(b) Talking to dogs.
(c) Coddling a baby.
(d) Carrying groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
2. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
3. Where was Van born?
4. Where does Van track down Rack?
5. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)