|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Beginning to write his first book.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Learning to master chess.
(d) Beginning to learn to paint.
2. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
(a) Demonia and Antiterra.
(b) Elysium and Hel.
(c) Terrafirma and Terraductile.
(d) Shadia and Paradisia.
3. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
(a) Children, country, and complaints.
(b) Cactuses, cattle, and cooking.
(c) Cubism, communism, and cabaret.
(d) Comedy, Coleridge, and cabbage.
4. What is Ada's hair like?
(a) Long, straight, and dark.
(b) Short, blonde, and curled.
(c) Short, blonde, and straight.
(d) Long, curled, and dark.
5. Where does Van track down Rack?
(a) Rack is at his children's school when Van finds him.
(b) Van tracks down Rack at a hotel, where he is with a lover.
(c) Rack is in the hospital where Van is sent.
(d) Van finds Rack at his music shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
2. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
3. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
4. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
5. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)