|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
(a) As "fat" or "thin."
(b) As "strong" or "weak."
(c) As "expansive" or "internal."
(d) As "big" or "small."
2. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
3. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she's not sure she can.
(b) Yes, she promises she will.
(c) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
(d) No, she is adamant that she will not.
4. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(a) The headmistress.
(d) No one.
5. Who is Van's second for the duel?
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
2. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
3. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
4. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
5. What is done with Marina's body after she dies?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)