|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) At the dentist.
(b) At the zoo.
(c) At a picnic.
(d) In the library.
2. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
(a) She is in the bath.
(b) She is reading a book.
(c) She is brushing her hair.
(d) She is sleeping.
3. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(a) His father.
4. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
(a) The public library.
(b) The local park.
(c) The art museum.
(d) The university.
5. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
(b) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(c) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
(d) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
2. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
3. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
4. Where was Van born?
5. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)