|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
(a) They write letters reversed and read them in mirrors.
(b) They write letters in disappearing ink.
(c) They deliver letters only in person and burn them after reading.
(d) They write letters in code.
2. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
(a) Terrafirma and Terraductile.
(b) Demonia and Antiterra.
(c) Shadia and Paradisia.
(d) Elysium and Hel.
3. Where was Van born?
4. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(b) Heinrch Muller.
(d) Herr Masoch.
5. Where does Van track down Rack?
(a) Van tracks down Rack at a hotel, where he is with a lover.
(b) Rack is at his children's school when Van finds him.
(c) Rack is in the hospital where Van is sent.
(d) Van finds Rack at his music shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
3. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
4. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
5. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)