|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
(a) Children, country, and complaints.
(b) Comedy, Coleridge, and cabbage.
(c) Cubism, communism, and cabaret.
(d) Cactuses, cattle, and cooking.
2. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
(a) Terrafirma and Terraductile.
(b) Demonia and Antiterra.
(c) Shadia and Paradisia.
(d) Elysium and Hel.
3. Where does Van track down Rack?
(a) Van tracks down Rack at a hotel, where he is with a lover.
(b) Rack is in the hospital where Van is sent.
(c) Rack is at his children's school when Van finds him.
(d) Van finds Rack at his music shop.
4. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) Because Lucette smells bad.
(b) To attempt to drown her.
(c) Because Lucette hates baths.
(d) To escape from her for a few minutes.
5. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Beginning to learn to paint.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Beginning to write his first book.
(d) Learning to master chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
2. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
3. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
4. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
5. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)