One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Beginning to learn to paint.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Learning to master chess.
(d) Beginning to write his first book.
2. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Coddling a baby.
(b) Talking to dogs.
(c) Carrying groceries.
(d) Buying flowers.
3. What word does Greg seem to like to use?
4. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To escape from her for a few minutes.
(b) Because Lucette smells bad.
(c) Because Lucette hates baths.
(d) To attempt to drown her.
5. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
(a) As "fat" or "thin."
(b) As "big" or "small."
(c) As "strong" or "weak."
(d) As "expansive" or "internal."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
3. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
4. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
5. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)