|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
2. According to the reporter, who used a curious term when he was making his concluding remarks?
3. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
4. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
5. What piece of evidence does the Maniac say proves that the officer tried to save the Anarchist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
2. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
3. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
4. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
6. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
7. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
8. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
9. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
10. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character of the Maniac with that of the police officers. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Fear and Submission." What does this mean? How does Fo implement this theme in the play? Give examples in the text which reflect this theme.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)