|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
2. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
3. When does the reporter have to turn in her article?
4. Who says, "Its purpose is to establish whether or not the anarchist was still completely alive at the moment when he flew out of the window"?
5. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
2. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
3. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
4. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
5. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
6. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
7. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
8. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
9. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
10. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Fo's use of Irony in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play? Who employs them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Truth and Lies" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)