|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
2. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
3. What does the Maniac suggest the Anarchist might have had shoes made of?
4. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
5. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
2. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
3. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
4. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
5. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
6. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
7. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
9. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
10. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor and give examples of each from the text. What is the purpose of imagery?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)