|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
2. Who tears up the President's portrait?
3. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
4. What does the Maniac suggest the Anarchist might have had shoes made of?
5. What does the Maniac say about Bertozzo's ability with weaponry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
2. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
3. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
4. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
5. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
6. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
7. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
8. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
9. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the slapstick elements of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What do these actions and "bits" counterbalance? Where did slapstick originate?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss foreshadowing in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Where does foreshadowing take place? What effect does it have? Define the term in your answer and give examples from the text where this technique is used.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Fo's use of Irony in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play? Who employs them?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)