|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about the "real bomb" as opposed to the bomb in the room, according to Bertozzo?
2. What does the Superintendent say they were all doing just before midnight?
3. The Maniac asks when examining the Anarchist's jump who in the room acted as his what?
4. What, according to the reports, was the Anarchist's death ruled as?
5. What did the police do with the one bomb which was recovered undetonated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
2. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
3. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
4. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
5. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
6. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
7. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
8. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
9. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
10. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Brechtian elements of the play, particularly that of the Alienation Effect. Where is this technique employed? What effect does it have? Why did Fo choose to use it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)