|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
2. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
3. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
4. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
5. What does the Maniac do to hide the fact that he's feeding the inspector lines in front of the reporter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
2. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
3. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
4. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
5. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
6. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
7. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
8. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
9. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
10. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Brechtian elements of the play, particularly that of the Alienation Effect. Where is this technique employed? What effect does it have? Why did Fo choose to use it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Truth and Lies" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Class Oppression" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Where is this topic presented and argued? By whom?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)