|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shoes are in the equation in Act 2?
2. Where does Bertozzo say he knows the forensics expert from?
3. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
4. What kind of false hand does the Maniac take out to replace his once it falls off?
5. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
2. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
3. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
4. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
5. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
6. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
7. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
9. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
10. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Brechtian elements of the play, particularly that of the Alienation Effect. Where is this technique employed? What effect does it have? Why did Fo choose to use it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Fear and Submission." What does this mean? How does Fo implement this theme in the play? Give examples in the text which reflect this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relation of Accidental Death of an Anarchist to the real-life trial of Giuseppe Pinelli and his subsequent death. What characters are reflective of actual people in this public scandal? How does Fo use this as a backdrop for the themes he presents?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)