|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
2. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
3. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
4. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
5. Which character says, "If they had every member of that little pilgrim band under total and continuous surveillance, how come the band was able to organize such a complicated attack, without your coming in to stop them?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
2. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
3. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
4. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
5. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
6. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
7. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
8. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
9. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
10. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character of the Maniac with that of the police officers. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)