|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reporter say that they've got down to the game of in Act 2?
2. Who says, regarding the journalist, "Don't you understand yet that I'm in the same boat with you guys? People like her you have to try to get on your side, not against you?"
3. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
4. Who does the Maniac finally tell the reporter he really is?
5. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he has, thus to be careful slapping him on the back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
2. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
3. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
4. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
5. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
6. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
7. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
8. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
9. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
10. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor and give examples of each from the text. What is the purpose of imagery?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)