|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
2. Who does the Maniac impersonate when the journalist arrives?
3. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
4. What does the reporter say that they've got down to the game of in Act 2?
5. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
2. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
3. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
4. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
6. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
7. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
8. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
9. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
10. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of political theater as an instrument to induce change. How has Accidental Death of an Anarchist been used in this way? Where have productions been reproduced for this effect?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)