|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
3. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
4. What does Bertozzo bring in during the interview with the reporter?
5. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he has, thus to be careful slapping him on the back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
2. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
3. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
4. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
5. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
6. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
8. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
9. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
10. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Conflict" in the play. What is the overarching conflict? What are underlying conflicts? Give examples of these. Define the term in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)