|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
2. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
3. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
4. Who was one of the infiltrators in the Anarchists' circle?
5. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
2. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
3. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
4. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
5. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
6. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
7. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
9. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
10. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of the Maniac and the Journalist. How are these characters alike? How are they different? What are the examples of their opposing stances on themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the slapstick elements of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What do these actions and "bits" counterbalance? Where did slapstick originate?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)