|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the infiltrators in the Anarchists' circle?
2. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
3. Where is the letter from which the reporter produces speaking of Sports Jacket?
4. What is the term which refers to the Superintendent's referral to the fact that they're on a stage?
5. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
2. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
3. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
4. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
5. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
6. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
7. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
8. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
9. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
10. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Maniac as the role of the Raisonneur and the Trickster character. What do these terms mean? How do they apply to the Maniac? Give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)