|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reporter remark upon when meeting Sports Jacket?
2. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
3. What kind of false hand does the Maniac take out to replace his once it falls off?
4. What does the Superintendent accuse the Maniac of doing to them in Act 2?
5. What does the report say which disputes the statement that the officer grabbed the Anarchist as he fell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
2. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
3. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
4. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
5. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
6. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
7. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
8. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
9. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
10. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character of the Maniac with that of the police officers. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)