|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the Superintendent say were in the room around midnight?
2. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
3. Who tears up the President's portrait?
4. What was different about the "real bomb" as opposed to the bomb in the room, according to Bertozzo?
5. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
2. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
3. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
4. What does the Maniac ask regarding the window during the Anarchist's interrogation? What is the reply?
5. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What documentation does the journalist present regarding recent bombings?
7. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
8. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
9. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
10. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot structure of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define and give examples of the terms action, rising action, climax, and falling action in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)