|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell the officer he has slipped upon?
2. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
3. Who tears up the President's portrait?
4. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
5. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Brechtian elements of the play, particularly that of the Alienation Effect. Where is this technique employed? What effect does it have? Why did Fo choose to use it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Truth and Lies" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who is the voice of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Where does foreshadowing take place? What effect does it have? Define the term in your answer and give examples from the text where this technique is used.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)