|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
2. The Maniac asks when examining the Anarchist's jump who in the room acted as his what?
3. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
4. What does Bertozzo bring in during the interview with the reporter?
5. Who does the Maniac impersonate when the journalist arrives?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the use of imagery in the play. Define the terms simile and metaphor and give examples of each from the text. What is the purpose of imagery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)