|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he has, thus to be careful slapping him on the back?
3. Where did the Maniac witness the "laughter interrogations" while staying in a hotel near police headquarters?
4. Who does the Maniac finally tell the reporter he really is?
5. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
3. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
4. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
5. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
6. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
7. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
8. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
9. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
10. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Fo's use of Irony in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What is Irony? How are the three types of Irony employed in the play? Who employs them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the style of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define different stylistic elements of the play discussed in class.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Maniac as the role of the Raisonneur and the Trickster character. What do these terms mean? How do they apply to the Maniac? Give examples in your discussion.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)