|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The common consensus in the beginning of Act 2 is that the Anarchist felt what at 8pm?
2. Who says, "When he's in the right mood, you should see the side-splitting interrogations he does . . . ha, ha, ha, you could die laughing!"
3. Where does the Maniac reassure everyone he's from, while taking the box from Bertozzo?
4. When does the reporter have to turn in her article?
5. What does Bertozzo bring in during the interview with the reporter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
2. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
3. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
4. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
5. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
6. What does the outcome presented by the Maniac mean to those involved? What will be their outcome granted the evidence?
7. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
8. What "new character" does the Maniac reveal himself to be in Act 2, Scene 1? How do the others react?
9. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
10. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Actions and Objectives in Act 2 between the Maniac and the police officers. What does each want? How do they go about achieving their objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the slapstick elements of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What do these actions and "bits" counterbalance? Where did slapstick originate?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)