|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
2. Who says, "When he's in the right mood, you should see the side-splitting interrogations he does . . . ha, ha, ha, you could die laughing!"
3. Who does Bertozzo say that he knows, when meeting the Maniac with the reporter?
4. How many shoes are in the equation in Act 2?
5. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
2. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
3. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
4. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
5. What is the Maniac's reaction to the explanations behind the Anarchist's jump?
6. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
7. What information is learned from the phone call during the meeting of the Maniac and the police officers? What reaction does this cause?
8. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
9. What does Bertozzo slip out regarding the bomb to the journalist? What do the others do?
10. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relation of Accidental Death of an Anarchist to the real-life trial of Giuseppe Pinelli and his subsequent death. What characters are reflective of actual people in this public scandal? How does Fo use this as a backdrop for the themes he presents?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)