|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reporter remark upon when meeting Sports Jacket?
2. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
3. What does the Superintendent accuse the Maniac of doing to them in Act 2?
4. What is the name of the journalist who arrives in Act 2?
5. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of political theater as an instrument to induce change. How has Accidental Death of an Anarchist been used in this way? Where have productions been reproduced for this effect?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Accidental Death of an Anarchist to a play of the Commedia dell'arte style. What similarities exist between the two? What differences? What character might be what stock character from Commedia? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Fear and Submission." What does this mean? How does Fo implement this theme in the play? Give examples in the text which reflect this theme.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)