|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
2. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
3. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
4. Who says, "Do people demand a really just system? Well, we'll arrange it so that they'll be satisfied with one that's a little less unjust?"
5. Where does Act 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
2. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
3. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
4. What does the journalist say about the Anarchist's death being an accident? What is she implying?
5. What does the Maniac joke about regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation with the Anarchist?
6. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
7. What does Bertozzo do in the climax of the play in Act 2? How does he regain control of the room?
8. What evidence does the journalist produce regarding the Anarchist's jump?
9. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
10. What does the Maniac argue regarding the alibi witnesses? How does the journalist respond to this argument?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Maniac as the role of the Raisonneur and the Trickster character. What do these terms mean? How do they apply to the Maniac? Give examples in your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relation of Accidental Death of an Anarchist to the real-life trial of Giuseppe Pinelli and his subsequent death. What characters are reflective of actual people in this public scandal? How does Fo use this as a backdrop for the themes he presents?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character of the Maniac with that of the police officers. How is he different? What similarities do they have?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)