|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Superintendent say they were all doing just before midnight?
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
3. What is the name of the journalist who arrives in Act 2?
4. The common consensus in the beginning of Act 2 is that the Anarchist felt what at 8pm?
5. What does the Maniac tell the officer he has slipped upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist ask Bertozzo about the bomb when he enters? What is his reply?
2. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
3. What is the Maniac's costume comprised of in Act 2?
4. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
5. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do regarding Bertozzo's protestations regarding the Maniac?
6. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
7. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
8. How does the Maniac respond to the journalist's questioning? How do the others?
9. What is Bertozzo's reaction to meeting the "Forensics Expert" from Rome?
10. What does the Maniac re-costume himself as before the reporter arrives? What do the others say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the style of Accidental Death of an Anarchist. Define different stylistic elements of the play discussed in class.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Scandal, Revolution, and Reform" as a theme in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. How is this theme exemplified in the play? Who argues the opposing points of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Symbolism and Motif in Accidental Death of an Anarchist. What symbols are represented in the Maniac's costuming? What motifs can be cited as examples? Define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)