|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who consistently backs up the story that the Maniac feeds the Superintendent and Sports Jacket about their conversation with the anarchist?
(b) The Constable.
2. What had the Anarchist been accused of bombing?
(a) A school.
(b) A bank.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hospital.
3. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
(a) The Anarchist Report.
(b) His prescriptions.
(c) His release papers.
(d) His criminal record.
4. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His moustache.
(c) His papers.
(d) His chair.
5. What was the Anarchist's occupation?
(d) Railway worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the Constable say he gave the anarchist?
3. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
4. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
5. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
2. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
3. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
4. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
5. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
7. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
9. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
10. What is described differently in the "second report?"
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)