|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many citizens were killed in the bombing by the accused Anarchist?
2. Where is the "overwhelming proof" they want to get rid of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, according to the Maniac in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) In his papers.
(b) From the Pope.
(c) In his office.
(d) He made it up.
3. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Superintendent's.
(b) The Coroner's.
(c) The Maniac's.
4. From where does the Maniac's card say he's a former professor?
(a) University of Quinoa.
(b) University of Indianapolis.
(c) University of Sicily.
(d) University of Padova.
5. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket ask of the Maniac in Act 1, Scene 2 once they've been told they'll be prosecuted?
(b) A waver.
(c) The death penalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Yeah, they sure do look . . . excuse the expression . . . a little up shit creek, as they say?"
2. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
3. What does the armed robbery citation say was robbed?
4. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
5. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
2. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
4. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
5. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
6. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
7. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
8. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
10. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)