|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A drink.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A rope.
(d) A chair.
2. What does the Maniac say he'd never like to be?
(a) A judge.
(b) A mailman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A lawyer.
3. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
(a) Blows a razzberry.
4. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
5. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
(a) "Come and take me now!"
(b) "You're all off to jail!"
(c) "Free me!"
(d) "Everybody free!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
2. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How many mental institutions does the Maniac proclaim to have been in?
4. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
2. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
4. What is the phone call regarding which the Maniac takes in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
6. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
7. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
8. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
9. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)