|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Maniac being charged with in Act 1?
(a) Impersonating a psychiatrist.
(b) Impersonating a policeman.
(c) Bombing a bank.
(d) Impersonating a veterenarian.
2. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(b) To fire Bertozzo.
(c) To hold a press conference.
(d) To put him in jail.
3. Where does the Superintendent claim he and Sports Jacket were when the Anarchist jumped out the window?
(a) In court.
(b) Outside the window.
(c) Outside the room.
(d) In the room.
4. What does the Maniac say that the judge's name is who is coming?
(a) Antonio A. Antonio.
(b) Antonio Romaldi.
(c) Ignatius Guisseppe.
(d) Roberto Lombarti.
5. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
(a) His retirement.
(b) His bombings.
(c) His death.
(d) His suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
3. "The anarchist did not seem affected by the accusation, but smiled in disbelief." Who made this statement?
4. Which character says, "Yeah, they sure do look . . . excuse the expression . . . a little up shit creek, as they say?"
5. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
2. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
3. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
4. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
5. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
6. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
8. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
9. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
10. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)