|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
(a) A policeman.
(b) An anarchist.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A spy.
2. Who tells the judge, "No, we wanted to prove that the 'raptus' couldn't have been caused by our deceptions, by our false statements?"
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) Dr. Antonio.
(c) Sports Shirt.
(d) The Constable.
3. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
4. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The Head Commissioner.
(d) The Pope.
5. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His papers.
(c) His chair.
(d) His suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what floor did the Anarchist jump?
2. What was the Anarchist's occupation?
3. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
4. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does the Maniac practice after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is described differently in the "second report?"
2. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
3. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
4. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
5. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
6. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
7. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
8. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
10. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)