|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many "versions" of the statement regarding the anarchist's death are there?
2. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
(a) Leave and go home.
(b) Recreate his entrance.
(c) Go get him coffee.
(d) Give him money for coffee.
3. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
(a) His bombings.
(b) His retirement.
(c) His suicide.
(d) His death.
4. What does the Superintendent yell at Sports Jacket for upon his entrance?
(a) Filing court orders without permission.
(b) Ordering him and calling the Judge.
(c) Ordering him and punching Bertozzo.
(d) Complaining about wanting a raise.
5. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
(a) "Lying to be alibis."
(b) "Not on good terms."
(d) "On good terms."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket ask of the Maniac in Act 1, Scene 2 once they've been told they'll be prosecuted?
2. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
3. Where is the "overwhelming proof" they want to get rid of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, according to the Maniac in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
4. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
5. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
2. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
4. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
5. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
6. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
7. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
9. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
10. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)