|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'll bet you're even saner than I am?"
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Superintendent.
(d) The Journalist.
2. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A convict.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A policeman.
3. From what floor did the Anarchist jump?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The Fifth.
(c) The third.
(d) The second.
4. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he is in the beginning of Dr. Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Roberto Angroni.
(b) Dr. Antonio A. Antonio.
(c) Dr. Roberto Rimaldi.
(d) Dr. Guisseppe Winfried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the Maniac profess to having studied Law?
2. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Constable say he gave the anarchist?
4. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
5. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
2. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
3. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
4. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
5. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
6. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
7. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
9. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
10. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)