|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the Maniac's card say he's a former professor?
(a) University of Sicily.
(b) University of Indianapolis.
(c) University of Quinoa.
(d) University of Padova.
2. Who consistently backs up the story that the Maniac feeds the Superintendent and Sports Jacket about their conversation with the anarchist?
(d) The Constable.
3. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(a) Basic Italian grammar.
(c) Basic English language.
4. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His papers.
(d) His chair.
5. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
(b) Play roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
2. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
3. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
2. What is described differently in the "second report?"
3. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
4. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
5. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
7. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
8. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
10. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)