|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His chair.
(c) His papers.
(d) His moustache.
2. What are the documents the person on the phone requests from the Maniac?
(a) The judicial transcripts and the death certificate.
(b) The court appearance transcript and the order for arrest.
(c) The court appearance records and death certificate.
(d) The judicial transcripts and the order to file away investigation of anarchist's death.
3. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Creep out the door.
(b) Call his mother.
(c) Burn the file cabinet.
(d) Jump out the window.
4. In what city does the play take place?
(c) New York.
5. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) Next door.
(b) The jail.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac threaten to do if he's not allowed to stay?
2. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
3. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
4. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
2. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
4. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
5. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
7. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
8. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
9. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
10. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)