|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Maniac.
2. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he is in the beginning of Dr. Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Guisseppe Winfried.
(b) Dr. Roberto Rimaldi.
(c) Dr. Roberto Angroni.
(d) Dr. Antonio A. Antonio.
3. According to the Maniac, when a judge is reaching the prime of his career, what are others his age doing?
(d) Starting out.
4. Which character says, "Yeah, they sure do look . . . excuse the expression . . . a little up shit creek, as they say?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Constable.
5. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
(d) Play roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
2. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
4. What had the Anarchist been accused of bombing?
5. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
2. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
5. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
7. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
8. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
9. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
10. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)