|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
(c) Corrupt officers.
2. How many citizens were killed in the bombing by the accused Anarchist?
3. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Run for cover.
(b) Kill the judge.
(c) Escape to Taiwan.
(d) Jump out the window.
4. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(b) Basic English language.
(d) Basic Italian grammar.
5. What are the documents the person on the phone requests from the Maniac?
(a) The court appearance records and death certificate.
(b) The judicial transcripts and the order to file away investigation of anarchist's death.
(c) The judicial transcripts and the death certificate.
(d) The court appearance transcript and the order for arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
2. According to the Maniac, when a judge is reaching the prime of his career, what are others his age doing?
3. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
4. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he is in the beginning of Dr. Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
2. What is described differently in the "second report?"
3. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
4. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
5. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
6. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
7. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
8. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
9. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
10. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)