|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the actors with whom the Maniac performs?
(a) They are dogs.
(b) They are comedians.
(c) They are great tragedians.
(d) They don't know they're acting.
2. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
(a) "Everybody free!"
(b) "Free me!"
(c) "Come and take me now!"
(d) "You're all off to jail!"
3. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
(b) Play roles.
4. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His head.
(b) His face.
(c) His leg.
(d) His hand.
5. Where does the Superintendent claim he and Sports Jacket were when the Anarchist jumped out the window?
(a) In the room.
(b) Outside the window.
(c) Outside the room.
(d) In court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
5. Where do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket say they got the news that the anarchist dancer had confessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
2. What is described differently in the "second report?"
3. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
4. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
5. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
6. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
7. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
9. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
10. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)