|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A drink.
(b) A rope.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A chair.
2. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
(b) Corrupt officers.
4. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Arrests him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Shoves him out.
5. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Marriage licenses.
(c) Birth certificates.
(d) Death certificates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
3. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
5. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist ask the Superintendent first in her interview?
2. What does the journalist ask about the police interaction with the bomber? How does the Superintendent reply?
3. Who does the Maniac quote regarding scandal? What does this quote say?
4. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
5. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
6. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
7. How does the Maniac react to the "second version" of the statement about the Anarchist? What question remains?
8. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
9. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
10. What happens with the Maniac's "glass eye" during Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)