|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many citizens were killed in the bombing by the accused Anarchist?
2. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His head.
(b) His face.
(c) His hand.
(d) His leg.
3. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
4. In whose office does the play open?
(b) The Superintendent's.
(c) The Maniac's.
(d) The Coroner's.
5. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
(a) Recreate his entrance.
(b) Leave and go home.
(c) Give him money for coffee.
(d) Go get him coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
2. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
3. What does the Maniac say that the judge's name is who is coming?
4. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
2. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
3. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
4. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
5. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
6. What is described differently in the "second report?"
7. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)