|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket say they got the news that the anarchist dancer had confessed?
(a) From the dancer.
(b) They made it up.
(c) From the dancer's wife.
(d) From a witness.
2. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The dismissal.
(b) The typing.
(c) The recording.
(d) The release.
3. What profession is, to the Maniac, the most noble?
4. What is unique about the actors with whom the Maniac performs?
(a) They are comedians.
(b) They are great tragedians.
(c) They are dogs.
(d) They don't know they're acting.
5. Where does the Maniac say the judge had been previously?
(a) A Russian prison camp.
(b) A Turkish prison.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) A German concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
2. Where does the Superintendent claim he and Sports Jacket were when the Anarchist jumped out the window?
3. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
4. What does the Maniac insist that the Superintendent and the others did with the anarchist to cheer him up?
5. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the journalist suggest regarding the Anarchist's alibi?
2. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
3. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
4. What is the Maniac doing in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
6. What does the journalist remark regarding the situation with the bomb which Bertozzo relayed?
7. What is implied with the Maniac's joke regarding the "laughter" in the interrogation?
8. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
9. What does the Maniac say to the journalist about scandal?
10. How does the Maniac respond to the Superintendent's excuse about the window? What is the Superintendent's concern in this exchange?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)