|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Yellow Blazer.
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Registrar.
2. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Burn the file cabinet.
(b) Jump out the window.
(c) Creep out the door.
(d) Call his mother.
3. Whose fault does the Maniac's say it is that the Superintendent and Sports Jacket almost jumped?
(a) The anarchist's.
(b) The government's.
(c) His own.
(d) His mother's.
4. What profession is, to the Maniac, the most noble?
5. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
(a) The first.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The second.
(d) The third.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
3. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
5. What does the Maniac practice after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
3. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
6. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
8. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
9. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
10. What is the phone call regarding which the Maniac takes in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)