|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Constable say he gave the anarchist?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A gun.
(c) An affidavit.
(d) A piece of chewing gum.
2. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To put him in jail.
(b) To hold a press conference.
(c) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(d) To fire Bertozzo.
3. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Constable.
4. What does the Maniac ask the Superintendent if he hadn't had as a kid?
(b) Toy trains.
(c) Teddy bears.
(d) Model ships.
5. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
(b) Play roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
2. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
3. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
5. What does the Maniac insist that the Superintendent and the others did with the anarchist to cheer him up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
2. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
3. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
4. What is described differently in the "second report?"
5. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
6. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
7. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
8. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
9. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)