|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
(b) Blows a razzberry.
2. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Jump out the window.
(b) Creep out the door.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Burn the file cabinet.
4. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
5. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Coroner's.
(b) The Superintendent's.
(c) The Maniac's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
3. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
4. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
5. Who witnessed the fall of the anarchist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
2. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
3. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
4. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
5. What is described differently in the "second report?"
6. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
7. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
9. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
10. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)