|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Maniac's.
(b) The Superintendent's.
(c) The Coroner's.
2. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
(a) Six to nine years and loss of pension.
(b) Seventeen years and loss of pension.
(c) Ten years and loss of rank.
(d) Three years and loss of rank and pension.
3. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
(a) His bombings.
(b) His death.
(c) His suicide.
(d) His retirement.
4. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
(a) Go get him coffee.
(b) Give him money for coffee.
(c) Leave and go home.
(d) Recreate his entrance.
5. Who witnessed the fall of the anarchist?
(a) The Maniac.
(b) A judge.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A blind man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac say they have to add more of to the versions of the statements they already have in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How many "versions" of the statement regarding the anarchist's death are there?
4. What does the Maniac say he'd never like to be?
5. What does the Superintendent yell at Sports Jacket for upon his entrance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
3. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
5. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
6. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What is the phone call regarding which the Maniac takes in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
10. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)