|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the actors with whom the Maniac performs?
(a) They are great tragedians.
(b) They are dogs.
(c) They are comedians.
(d) They don't know they're acting.
2. What does the Maniac suggest to the Superintendent regarding Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He should see a psychiatrist.
(b) He should be fired.
(c) He should be promoted.
(d) He should be investigated by higher-ups.
3. Where do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket say they got the news that the anarchist dancer had confessed?
(a) From a witness.
(b) From the dancer's wife.
(c) From the dancer.
(d) They made it up.
4. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
(a) Three years and loss of rank and pension.
(b) Six to nine years and loss of pension.
(c) Ten years and loss of rank.
(d) Seventeen years and loss of pension.
5. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Anarchist.
(d) The Maniac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Superintendent claim he and Sports Jacket were when the Anarchist jumped out the window?
2. What does the Maniac insist that the Superintendent and the others did with the anarchist to cheer him up?
3. What is the Maniac being charged with in Act 1?
4. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
2. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
3. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
4. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
5. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
6. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
7. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
8. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
9. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
10. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)