|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(b) To hold a press conference.
(c) To fire Bertozzo.
(d) To put him in jail.
2. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
(a) "Not on good terms."
(b) "Lying to be alibis."
(d) "On good terms."
3. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(a) Basic English language.
(b) Basic Italian grammar.
4. Who says, "They almost went along with it; they were desperate. The smallest pretext is sufficient when one is desperate?"
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) Sports Jacket.
5. What took place previously in the room that Act 1, Scene 2 is set in?
(a) The arrest of the Maniac.
(b) The invasion of the spies.
(c) The murder of Bertozzo.
(d) The death of the anarchist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
2. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
3. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What are the documents the person on the phone requests from the Maniac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac feel after taking the phone call in Act 1, Scene 1? Why?
2. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
4. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
5. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
7. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
8. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
9. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
10. What does the Maniac realize is missing from the second version of the story?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)