|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Birth certificates.
(c) Marriage licenses.
(d) Death certificates.
2. What does the Maniac threaten to do if he's not allowed to stay?
(a) Jump out the window.
(b) Tell the boss.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Inform the media.
3. In what city does the play take place?
(b) New York.
4. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A circus.
(b) A murder.
(c) A trial.
(d) A raptus.
5. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
2. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
3. What do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket ask of the Maniac in Act 1, Scene 2 once they've been told they'll be prosecuted?
4. Which character says, "Yeah, they sure do look . . . excuse the expression . . . a little up shit creek, as they say?"
5. What does the Maniac insist that the Superintendent and the others did with the anarchist to cheer him up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
2. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
3. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
5. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
8. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)