|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
(a) A raptus.
(b) A disease.
(c) A fever.
(d) A policeman.
2. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Maniac.
(d) The Anarchist.
3. How many "versions" of the statement regarding the anarchist's death are there?
4. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Arrests him.
(c) Shoves him out.
(d) Kisses him.
5. What is unique about the actors with whom the Maniac performs?
(a) They are dogs.
(b) They are comedians.
(c) They are great tragedians.
(d) They don't know they're acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
2. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
3. From where does the Maniac's card say he's a former professor?
4. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
5. What does the Maniac say they have to add more of to the versions of the statements they already have in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does the Maniac do when the phone rings in the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In what state is the Superintendent when he enters in Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
4. How does the Maniac "prepare" after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the Maniac do when the Constable comes into the office in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
7. How is the Maniac's treatment of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket a recreation of their statement about the Anarchist?
8. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
9. Who does the Maniac encounter when leaving the office the second time in Act 1, Scene 1? What does this character do?
10. What is the Superintendent and Sports Jacket's reaction to the Maniac's accusations of harsh interrogation?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)