|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) The fourth floor.
(b) Next door.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The jail.
2. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A convict.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A policeman.
3. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To put him in jail.
(b) To hold a press conference.
(c) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(d) To fire Bertozzo.
4. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
(a) Six to nine years and loss of pension.
(b) Seventeen years and loss of pension.
(c) Ten years and loss of rank.
(d) Three years and loss of rank and pension.
5. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Creep out the door.
(b) Call his mother.
(c) Jump out the window.
(d) Burn the file cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
2. What name does the Maniac claim is his while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Maniac insist that the Superintendent and the others did with the anarchist to cheer him up?
4. The Maniac tells the Superintendent and Sports Jacket that they have to provide irrefutable arguments proving what happened during those four hours?
5. Who tells the judge, "No, we wanted to prove that the 'raptus' couldn't have been caused by our deceptions, by our false statements?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Maniac convince Sports Jacket and the Superintendent to go along with his plan at the end of Act 1, Scene 2? What happens at the end of this act?
2. Who/what does the Superintendent say pushed him toward the "raptus?" How does the Maniac reply?
3. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
4. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
5. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
6. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
7. What do Sports Jacket and the Superintendent do at the Maniac's request for recreating the scene?
8. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
9. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
10. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)