|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Maniac excited about that he's going to do after hanging up the phone?
(a) Free the prisoners.
(b) Find the Anarchist.
(c) Impersonate the judge.
(d) Impersonate Bertozzo.
2. What does the Maniac practice after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) An Irish accent.
(b) A walk.
(c) A stutter.
(d) A Jewish accent.
3. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
(a) 12:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
4. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
(a) Seventeen years and loss of pension.
(b) Three years and loss of rank and pension.
(c) Six to nine years and loss of pension.
(d) Ten years and loss of rank.
5. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Registrar.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) Yellow Blazer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
3. "The anarchist did not seem affected by the accusation, but smiled in disbelief." Who made this statement?
4. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
5. Which character says, "Yeah, they sure do look . . . excuse the expression . . . a little up shit creek, as they say?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Maniac's suggestion to the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, considering their situation of desperation in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone about his message in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the Maniac want to determine regarding the Anarchist's emotional state? How does he proceed?
4. How does the Maniac offer to help out the Superintendent and Sports Jacket with their second version?
5. How does the Maniac trip up the Superintendent on his story?
6. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
7. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
8. What does the time difference in the "raptus" versus the suicide seem to indicate to the Maniac?
9. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does the Superintendent's report claim the Anarchist suffered? What is this?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)