|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
(a) The judge's orders.
(b) The Maniac's true identity.
(c) The "counter-investigation."
(d) The incriminating evidence.
2. What does the Maniac suggest the Anarchist might have had shoes made of?
3. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
(a) His eye patch.
(b) His glove.
(c) His nose.
(d) His false hand.
4. Who says, "Its purpose is to establish whether or not the anarchist was still completely alive at the moment when he flew out of the window"?
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Maniac.
5. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
(a) To save the public.
(b) To kill the rats.
(c) To acquit themselves.
(d) To hide the evidence.
6. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
(a) They were elderly and in poor health.
(b) They were rich.
(c) They were associated with the bombing.
(d) They were known criminals.
7. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A gun.
(c) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
(d) A tape recorder.
8. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Maniac.
(d) The Constable.
9. What happens when Sports Jacket shakes the Maniac's hand after explaining the bomb scenario?
(a) It comes off.
(b) It melts.
(c) He breaks it.
(d) It shatters.
10. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
11. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Police Headquarters.
(c) Ministry of the Interior.
(d) The President.
12. What does the Superintendent accuse the Maniac of doing to them in Act 2?
(a) Pitying them.
(b) Commisserating with them.
(c) Blaming them.
(d) Mocking them.
13. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
14. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
(a) Never contradict.
(b) Always smile.
(c) Never apologize.
(d) Never say yes.
15. What kind of false hand does the Maniac take out to replace his once it falls off?
(a) A woman's.
(b) A hook.
(c) A hairy one.
(d) A claw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
3. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
4. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
5. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)