|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Superintendent force Bertozzo to kiss?
(a) His ring.
(b) His hand.
(c) The maniac's ring.
(d) The reporter's hand.
2. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
(a) The Killer.
(c) Window Straddler.
(d) Iron Fists.
3. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
(a) Never apologize.
(b) Always smile.
(c) Never contradict.
(d) Never say yes.
4. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Maniac.
5. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
(a) To commit forgery.
(b) To make fun of the police.
(c) To wreck their lives.
(d) To get laughing interrogations.
6. What does Bertozzo bring in during the interview with the reporter?
(a) A cannon ball.
(b) A document for the judge.
(c) A piece of railroad track.
(d) A facsimile of the bomb.
7. What, according to the reports, was the Anarchist's death ruled as?
(a) A murder.
(b) An accident.
(c) A suicide.
(d) A mistake.
8. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
(a) The Johnny Carson Show.
(b) A nursery rhyme.
(c) A sit-com.
(d) An old vaudeville routine.
9. How many dynamite attacks does the reporter say have taken place until today?
10. What does the Superintendent say they were all doing just before midnight?
(a) Kidding around.
(b) Hanging the anarchist.
(c) Belittling the guard.
(d) Kicking each other.
11. Where did the Maniac witness the "laughter interrogations" while staying in a hotel near police headquarters?
12. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Constable.
13. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
14. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
15. What was different about the "real bomb" as opposed to the bomb in the room, according to Bertozzo?
(a) It was diffused.
(b) It was child's play.
(c) It was simpler.
(d) It was more complex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police do with the one bomb which was recovered undetonated?
2. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
3. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
4. What piece of evidence does the Maniac say proves that the officer tried to save the Anarchist?
5. Who says, "Do people demand a really just system? Well, we'll arrange it so that they'll be satisfied with one that's a little less unjust?"
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)