|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Superintendent accuse the Maniac of doing to them in Act 2?
(a) Mocking them.
(b) Pitying them.
(c) Blaming them.
(d) Commisserating with them.
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he has, thus to be careful slapping him on the back?
(a) A fake nose.
(b) A glass eye.
(c) A brain aneurism.
(d) A tremor.
3. How many dynamite attacks does the reporter say have taken place until today?
4. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
5. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
(a) To commit forgery.
(b) To wreck their lives.
(c) To get laughing interrogations.
(d) To make fun of the police.
6. When, according to the reporter, did the Anarchist jump precisely?
(a) One a.m.
(b) Three minutes past 12.
(c) Three minutes before 12.
7. Who says, "Bertozzo, you say something too; try to show that we're not asleep in our division, either?"
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) Sports Jacket.
8. What does the reporter say that they've got down to the game of in Act 2?
(a) Liars and thieves.
(b) The mafia.
(c) Class privelege.
(d) Family favors.
9. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
(a) To save the public.
(b) To acquit themselves.
(c) To hide the evidence.
(d) To kill the rats.
10. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket is the first rule in interviews?
(a) Never contradict.
(b) Never say yes.
(c) Never apologize.
(d) Always smile.
11. When does the reporter have to turn in her article?
(a) In three days.
(b) This evening.
(c) In two days.
(d) Next week.
12. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
(a) The Johnny Carson Show.
(b) An old vaudeville routine.
(c) A nursery rhyme.
(d) A sit-com.
13. What does Bertozzo admit it seems the "real bomb" was probably made by?
(a) Railroad workers.
(d) Military professionals.
14. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Intentional suicide.
(b) Sarcastic wordplay.
(c) Rhetorical response.
(d) Jesuit dialectics.
15. What does the Maniac tell the officer he has slipped upon?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A thumb-tack.
(c) A marble.
(d) His glass eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
2. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
3. Who says, "Its purpose is to establish whether or not the anarchist was still completely alive at the moment when he flew out of the window"?
4. What does Bertozzo bring in during the interview with the reporter?
5. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)