|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, in Act 2, "I swear to you, I know that guy. He's never been in the police; he's wearing a disguise"?
(a) The Superintendent.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The reporter.
2. What, according to the reports, was the Anarchist's death ruled as?
(a) An accident.
(b) A mistake.
(c) A murder.
(d) A suicide.
3. What is the name of the journalist who arrives in Act 2?
(a) Maria Linguini.
(b) Maria Feletti.
(c) Sophia Faroni.
(d) Maria Roloni.
4. What does the Maniac do accidentally with his "eye?"
(a) Drops it.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Throws it out the window.
(d) Swallows it.
5. Who does Bertozzo say that he knows, when meeting the Maniac with the reporter?
(a) Captain Rossini.
(b) Captain Piccinni.
(c) Inspector Rosetti.
(d) Inspector Piconi.
6. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
(a) Another anarchist.
(b) A judge.
(c) A jury.
(d) A policeman.
7. What does the reporter remark upon when meeting Sports Jacket?
(a) His grip.
(b) His skin.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hair.
8. Where is the letter from which the reporter produces speaking of Sports Jacket?
(a) Rome Institution.
(b) San Vittore prison.
(c) San Ulelisi prison.
(d) San Salvador prison.
9. What does the Superintendent force Bertozzo to kiss?
(a) The maniac's ring.
(b) The reporter's hand.
(c) His hand.
(d) His ring.
10. What are the Maniac, the Superintendent, and Sports Jacket doing when Act 2 begins?
11. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Journalist.
12. How many dynamite attacks does the reporter say have taken place until today?
13. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
(c) Scaring the public.
(d) Gathering intelligence.
14. How many people does the Superintendent say were in the room around midnight?
15. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Maniac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
2. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
3. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
4. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
5. What does the reporter say that they've got down to the game of in Act 2?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)