|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
(a) Scaring the public.
(c) Gathering intelligence.
2. Where does Bertozzo say he knows the forensics expert from?
(a) Grade School.
(b) The Police Academy.
(c) High School.
(d) Their wives.'
3. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
(a) A sit-com.
(b) An old vaudeville routine.
(c) A nursery rhyme.
(d) The Johnny Carson Show.
4. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
(d) A gun.
5. What does the Maniac suggest the Anarchist might have had shoes made of?
6. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
(a) The Superintendent.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Maniac.
7. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
(c) A stab wound.
(d) A gunshot wound.
8. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
9. How many of those dynamite attacks which have taken place were tied to fascists?
10. What does the Maniac say they have changed the police motto to?
(a) "The police is at the service of the citizens, to entertain them!"
(b) "The police is at the service of the citizens."
(c) "The policeman's work is never done."
(d) "The last day is coming. Run and hide!"
11. Which character says to the Maniac in Act 2, "Please. Your eminence; I flunked Latin three times!"?
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The reporter.
12. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
(b) Eastern Philosophy.
(d) Western Democracy.
13. Who does the Maniac say decided to change the police motto in Rome?
(a) The President.
(b) Ministry of the Interior.
(c) The Police Headquarters.
(d) The Pope.
14. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
(b) Cover his head.
(d) Put his hands forward.
15. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Intentional suicide.
(b) Rhetorical response.
(c) Sarcastic wordplay.
(d) Jesuit dialectics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
3. Where is the letter from which the reporter produces speaking of Sports Jacket?
4. Who does the Maniac finally tell the reporter he really is?
5. What does the Maniac suggest as the reason why it wasn't cold at midnight in December?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)