|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Maniac reassure everyone he's from, while taking the box from Bertozzo?
(a) The Vatican.
(b) The Scientific Division
(c) The Headquarters of Headquarters.
(d) The CIA.
2. What, according to the reports, was the Anarchist's death ruled as?
(a) An accident.
(b) A suicide.
(c) A murder.
(d) A mistake.
3. Who says, regarding the journalist, "Don't you understand yet that I'm in the same boat with you guys? People like her you have to try to get on your side, not against you?"
(a) The Superintendent.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The Maniac.
4. What does the Maniac say about Bertozzo's ability with weaponry?
(a) He's a top expert.
(b) He's shy but experienced.
(c) He's ingenius.
(d) He's just a hobbyist.
5. When, according to the reporter, did the phone call to the ambulance take place?
(a) Two minutes before 12.
(b) Two minutes after 12.
(d) Three minutes after 12.
6. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
(a) They were associated with the bombing.
(b) They were known criminals.
(c) They were elderly and in poor health.
(d) They were rich.
7. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Rhetorical response.
(b) Sarcastic wordplay.
(c) Jesuit dialectics.
(d) Intentional suicide.
8. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
(a) The incriminating evidence.
(b) The judge's orders.
(c) The Maniac's true identity.
(d) The "counter-investigation."
9. Who says, "Its purpose is to establish whether or not the anarchist was still completely alive at the moment when he flew out of the window"?
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Constable.
10. What is the term which refers to the Superintendent's referral to the fact that they're on a stage?
(a) Alienation effect.
(c) Romantic theater.
11. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Maniac.
12. What is discovered about the Maniac when he walks around the desk speaking to the reporter?
(a) A false nose.
(b) A fake beard.
(c) A peg leg.
(d) A rash.
13. What piece of evidence does the Maniac say proves that the officer tried to save the Anarchist?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His glove.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His cigarettes.
14. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
(a) In the courtyard.
(b) In the audience.
(c) In the trees.
(d) In the sewers.
15. What does the Superintendent accuse the Maniac of doing to them in Act 2?
(a) Pitying them.
(b) Mocking them.
(c) Blaming them.
(d) Commisserating with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Manic, why do innocent people invent crimes?
2. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
3. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
4. When, according to the reporter, did the Anarchist jump precisely?
5. Who says, "Bertozzo, you say something too; try to show that we're not asleep in our division, either?"
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)