|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(c) A stab wound.
2. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
(a) The Maniac.
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Constable.
3. What does the Superintendent tell the reporter is "is the backbone of every civilized nation?"
(a) Scaring the public.
(b) Gathering intelligence.
4. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Jesuit dialectics.
(b) Sarcastic wordplay.
(c) Rhetorical response.
(d) Intentional suicide.
5. What does the Maniac say about Bertozzo's ability with weaponry?
(a) He's ingenius.
(b) He's just a hobbyist.
(c) He's shy but experienced.
(d) He's a top expert.
6. What excuse does the Maniac give the reporter why the bomb was buried?
(a) To save the public.
(b) To acquit themselves.
(c) To kill the rats.
(d) To hide the evidence.
7. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
(a) The Roman fascist.
(b) The police spy.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The trailblazer.
8. When does the Maniac say that the raptus comes in the story in Act 2?
(a) At 7 p.m.
(b) At 8 p.m.
(c) At 6 a.m.
(d) Near midnight.
9. What does the Superintendent force Bertozzo to kiss?
(a) His hand.
(b) The reporter's hand.
(c) The maniac's ring.
(d) His ring.
10. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
(a) A rollerblade.
(b) A moccasin.
(c) A cowboy boot.
(d) A galosh.
11. Who was one of the infiltrators in the Anarchists' circle?
(a) The Maniac.
(b) A well-known Roman fascist.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Superintendent.
12. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
(a) A judge.
(b) A jury.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Another anarchist.
13. What piece of evidence does the Maniac say proves that the officer tried to save the Anarchist?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His glove.
(d) His cigarettes.
14. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
(a) Knocked out his glass eye.
(b) Hurt his back.
(c) Made him upset to his stomach.
(d) Caused an aneurism.
15. The common consensus in the beginning of Act 2 is that the Anarchist felt what at 8pm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac wear in disguise when meeting the reporter?
2. Who does Bertozzo say that he knows, when meeting the Maniac with the reporter?
3. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
4. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
5. Which character says, "If they had every member of that little pilgrim band under total and continuous surveillance, how come the band was able to organize such a complicated attack, without your coming in to stop them?"
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)