|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
(a) Window Straddler.
(b) Iron Fists.
(d) The Killer.
2. What does the Superintendent force Bertozzo to kiss?
(a) His hand.
(b) The reporter's hand.
(c) The maniac's ring.
(d) His ring.
3. Who, according to the reporter, did the Roman judge hold mainly responsible for organizing and fomenting the attack?
(a) The police spy.
(b) The trailblazer.
(c) The Roman fascist.
(d) The Maniac.
4. What does the Maniac say he's had in his briefcase the entire time, at the end of the play?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A gun.
(c) A tape recorder.
(d) Proof of the Anarchist's suicide.
5. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
(a) Another anarchist.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A judge.
(d) A jury.
6. What does the Maniac tell the officer he has slipped upon?
(a) A thumb-tack.
(b) A marble.
(c) A bullet.
(d) His glass eye.
7. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
(a) Put his hands forward.
(d) Cover his head.
8. Where does the phrase "headquarters had no head, 'cause the head man was in bed" come from, according to the Maniac?
(a) A sit-com.
(b) The Johnny Carson Show.
(c) A nursery rhyme.
(d) An old vaudeville routine.
9. How many shoes are in the equation in Act 2?
10. Who tears up the President's portrait?
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Reporter.
(d) Sports Jacket.
11. When, according to the reporter, did the Anarchist jump precisely?
(a) Three minutes before 12.
(c) Three minutes past 12.
(d) One a.m.
12. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
(a) Eastern Philosophy.
(d) Western Democracy.
13. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
(a) Knocked out his glass eye.
(b) Made him upset to his stomach.
(c) Hurt his back.
(d) Caused an aneurism.
14. Who does Bertozzo say that he knows, when meeting the Maniac with the reporter?
(a) Inspector Piconi.
(b) Inspector Rosetti.
(c) Captain Rossini.
(d) Captain Piccinni.
15. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Superintendent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
2. What does the reporter remark upon when meeting Sports Jacket?
3. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
4. Who says, "Bertozzo, you say something too; try to show that we're not asleep in our division, either?"
5. Who says, "All right, all right, don't pull those long faces. Cheer up! I promise that from this moment on I won't poke fun at you anymore. The proceedings will be absolutely serious?"
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)