|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Tell me how you put together a bomb and I'll tell you who you are?"
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) Sports Jacket.
2. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he has, thus to be careful slapping him on the back?
(a) A fake nose.
(b) A glass eye.
(c) A tremor.
(d) A brain aneurism.
3. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Maniac.
(d) The Constable.
4. What does the Superintendent force Bertozzo to kiss?
(a) His ring.
(b) The reporter's hand.
(c) His hand.
(d) The maniac's ring.
5. What is Sports Jacket referred to as by other Anarchists?
(b) Window Straddler.
(c) Iron Fists.
(d) The Killer.
6. When, according to the reporter, did the Anarchist jump precisely?
(a) One a.m.
(c) Three minutes before 12.
(d) Three minutes past 12.
7. What, according to the Maniac, are scandals the fertilizer for?
(b) Western Democracy.
(d) Eastern Philosophy.
8. What does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he's done when he slaps him on the back?
(a) Knocked out his glass eye.
(b) Caused an aneurism.
(c) Hurt his back.
(d) Made him upset to his stomach.
9. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) The fourth floor office.
(b) The lobby.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The second floor office.
10. What does the Maniac do to hide the fact that he's feeding the inspector lines in front of the reporter?
(d) Shuffles papers.
11. What was different about the "real bomb" as opposed to the bomb in the room, according to Bertozzo?
(a) It was diffused.
(b) It was more complex.
(c) It was child's play.
(d) It was simpler.
12. What is the term which refers to the Superintendent's referral to the fact that they're on a stage?
(b) Romantic theater.
(d) Alienation effect.
13. The common consensus in the beginning of Act 2 is that the Anarchist felt what at 8pm?
14. What does the Superintendent refer to as the Maniac's "techniques?"
(a) Sarcastic wordplay.
(b) Rhetorical response.
(c) Jesuit dialectics.
(d) Intentional suicide.
15. What does the Maniac say about Bertozzo's ability with weaponry?
(a) He's shy but experienced.
(b) He's just a hobbyist.
(c) He's ingenius.
(d) He's a top expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
2. Who says, regarding the journalist, "Don't you understand yet that I'm in the same boat with you guys? People like her you have to try to get on your side, not against you?"
3. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
4. Who tears up the President's portrait?
5. What does the journalist ask if she may use during the interview?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)