|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found at the base of the Anarchist's neck?
(b) A stab wound.
(c) A gunshot wound.
2. What is the name of the journalist who arrives in Act 2?
(a) Maria Feletti.
(b) Maria Linguini.
(c) Sophia Faroni.
(d) Maria Roloni.
3. What does the Maniac suggest the officer was actually holding in his hand?
(a) A rollerblade.
(b) A moccasin.
(c) A cowboy boot.
(d) A galosh.
4. What does Bertozzo rip off the Maniac in Act 2?
(a) His glove.
(b) His nose.
(c) His eye patch.
(d) His false hand.
5. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
(b) The Constable.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Maniac.
6. What does Bertozzo admit it seems the "real bomb" was probably made by?
(a) Railroad workers.
(b) Military professionals.
7. What kind of false hand does the Maniac take out to replace his once it falls off?
(a) A hairy one.
(b) A claw.
(c) A woman's.
(d) A hook.
8. What instinctive gesture did the Anarchist not do when falling to his death?
(a) Put his hands forward.
(d) Cover his head.
9. Where does the Superintendent refer to there being spies to the reporter when he claps his hands?
(a) In the courtyard.
(b) In the audience.
(c) In the trees.
(d) In the sewers.
10. Who does the Maniac impersonate when the journalist arrives?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) A forensics expert.
(d) The Superintendent.
11. Where has the reporter heard of this "nickname" for the investigator in Act 2?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Another anarchist.
(c) A jury.
(d) A judge.
12. Which character says, "You know why as well as I do, Inspector. That way, the 'signature of the murderers was destroyed along with the bomb?"
(b) The Journalist.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Superintendent.
13. What is discovered about the Maniac when he walks around the desk speaking to the reporter?
(a) A peg leg.
(b) A rash.
(c) A fake beard.
(d) A false nose.
14. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
(a) The Maniac's true identity.
(b) The judge's orders.
(c) The incriminating evidence.
(d) The "counter-investigation."
15. What does the Maniac say they have changed the police motto to?
(a) "The policeman's work is never done."
(b) "The last day is coming. Run and hide!"
(c) "The police is at the service of the citizens."
(d) "The police is at the service of the citizens, to entertain them!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
2. Who says, "Its purpose is to establish whether or not the anarchist was still completely alive at the moment when he flew out of the window"?
3. Who says to the reporter that being ahead of time is "all important" for the police?
4. Where does Bertozzo say he knows the forensics expert from?
5. Where did the Maniac witness the "laughter interrogations" while staying in a hotel near police headquarters?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)