|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Maniac's.
(b) The Coroner's.
(d) The Superintendent's.
2. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
(a) A disease.
(b) A raptus.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fever.
3. What does the Maniac suggest to the Superintendent regarding Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He should be fired.
(b) He should see a psychiatrist.
(c) He should be promoted.
(d) He should be investigated by higher-ups.
4. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A raptus.
(b) A murder.
(c) A trial.
(d) A circus.
5. Who says, "I'll bet you're even saner than I am?"
(a) The Maniac.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Journalist.
6. Where does the Maniac learn there will be a judge arriving from?
7. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He's allergic to wool.
(b) He's got a large scar.
(c) He's keeping a microphone in his hat.
(d) There's a draft.
8. According to the Maniac, when a judge is reaching the prime of his career, what are others his age doing?
(b) Starting out.
9. In what city does the play take place?
(d) New York.
10. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) Next door.
(b) The jail.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The courthouse.
11. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Shoves him out.
(b) Kisses him.
(d) Arrests him.
12. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
(a) His suicide.
(b) His retirement.
(c) His bombings.
(d) His death.
13. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A convict.
(c) A mailman.
(d) A policeman.
14. What does the Maniac say they have to add more of to the versions of the statements they already have in Act 1, Scene 2?
15. What is unique about the actors with whom the Maniac performs?
(a) They are comedians.
(b) They are great tragedians.
(c) They are dogs.
(d) They don't know they're acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
3. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
4. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
5. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)