|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He's allergic to wool.
(b) He's keeping a microphone in his hat.
(c) He's got a large scar.
(d) There's a draft.
2. Where do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket say they got the news that the anarchist dancer had confessed?
(a) From the dancer.
(b) From a witness.
(c) From the dancer's wife.
(d) They made it up.
3. What took place previously in the room that Act 1, Scene 2 is set in?
(a) The death of the anarchist.
(b) The murder of Bertozzo.
(c) The arrest of the Maniac.
(d) The invasion of the spies.
4. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
5. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To fire Bertozzo.
(b) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(c) To put him in jail.
(d) To hold a press conference.
6. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Coroner's.
(c) The Superintendent's.
(d) The Maniac's.
7. Who does the Maniac demand be brought into the office with him and Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Superintendent.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Officer.
8. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
(c) Play roles.
9. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A mailman.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A convict.
10. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A murder.
(b) A trial.
(c) A raptus.
(d) A circus.
11. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
12. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Officer.
(c) The Big Man.
(d) The Maniac.
13. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
(a) The Head Commissioner.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Prime Minister.
14. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
(a) Give him money for coffee.
(b) Recreate his entrance.
(c) Leave and go home.
(d) Go get him coffee.
15. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what floor did the Anarchist jump?
2. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
3. What did the judge and the Superintendent say definitely contributed to the Anarchist's suicidal breakdown?
4. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does the Maniac ask the Superintendent if he hadn't had as a kid?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)