|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Arrests him.
(c) Shoves him out.
(d) Kisses him.
2. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he is in the beginning of Dr. Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Antonio A. Antonio.
(b) Dr. Roberto Rimaldi.
(c) Dr. Roberto Angroni.
(d) Dr. Guisseppe Winfried.
3. What does the Maniac do into the phone and pretend it's Bertozzo?
(d) Blows a razzberry.
4. What does the Maniac practice after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A walk.
(b) An Irish accent.
(c) A Jewish accent.
(d) A stutter.
5. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A drink.
(b) A chair.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A rope.
6. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Yellow Blazer.
(b) The Registrar.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Superintendent.
7. How many citizens were killed in the bombing by the accused Anarchist?
8. Where is the "overwhelming proof" they want to get rid of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, according to the Maniac in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) From the Pope.
(b) In his papers.
(c) He made it up.
(d) In his office.
9. "The anarchist did not seem affected by the accusation, but smiled in disbelief." Who made this statement?
(a) The Officer.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Superintendent.
10. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
11. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
(d) Corrupt officers.
12. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To hold a press conference.
(b) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(c) To fire Bertozzo.
(d) To put him in jail.
13. What does the armed robbery citation say was robbed?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A hospital.
14. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Inspector.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Commissioner.
15. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A cane and shawl.
(b) A hat and coat.
(c) A ladies' dress.
(d) A wig and glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
3. What is the Maniac excited about that he's going to do after hanging up the phone?
4. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
5. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)