|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Anarchist been accused of bombing?
(a) A bank.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A school.
2. Where is the "overwhelming proof" they want to get rid of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, according to the Maniac in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) In his office.
(b) He made it up.
(c) From the Pope.
(d) In his papers.
3. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) Yellow Blazer.
(c) The Registrar.
(d) The Superintendent.
4. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
(a) The third.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The second.
(d) The first.
5. What does the Superintendent yell at Sports Jacket for upon his entrance?
(a) Ordering him and punching Bertozzo.
(b) Filing court orders without permission.
(c) Complaining about wanting a raise.
(d) Ordering him and calling the Judge.
6. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
(a) Eat him.
(b) Bite him.
(c) Cry to him.
(d) Slap him.
7. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A judge.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Bertozzo's assistant.
(d) Bertozzo's wife.
8. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) A judge.
9. What does the Constable say he gave the anarchist?
(a) An affidavit.
(b) A piece of chewing gum.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A gun.
10. How many "versions" of the statement regarding the anarchist's death are there?
11. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A raptus.
(b) A murder.
(c) A circus.
(d) A trial.
12. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The release.
(b) The recording.
(c) The typing.
(d) The dismissal.
13. Who tells the judge, "No, we wanted to prove that the 'raptus' couldn't have been caused by our deceptions, by our false statements?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) Sports Shirt.
(c) Dr. Antonio.
(d) The Superintendent.
14. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
15. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His chair.
(c) His papers.
(d) His moustache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
3. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
4. What does the Maniac say that an Anarchist cares about above all else?
5. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)