|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
(a) A child.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A judge.
(d) A dog.
2. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
3. Who says, "They almost went along with it; they were desperate. The smallest pretext is sufficient when one is desperate?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Maniac.
4. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(c) Basic Italian grammar.
(d) Basic English language.
5. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
6. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Inspector.
7. What does the Maniac ask the Superintendent if he hadn't had as a kid?
(a) Teddy bears.
(c) Toy trains.
(d) Model ships.
8. Whose fault does the Maniac's say it is that the Superintendent and Sports Jacket almost jumped?
(a) His own.
(b) The anarchist's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) The government's.
9. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A chair.
(b) A rope.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A drink.
10. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
11. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The Superintendent.
12. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A convict.
(d) A mailman.
13. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Birth certificates.
(c) Marriage licenses.
(d) Death certificates.
14. From what floor did the Anarchist jump?
(a) The third.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The second.
(d) The Fifth.
15. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
(a) Someone at the door.
(c) A siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac say that the judge's name is who is coming?
2. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
3. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
5. The Maniac tells the Superintendent and Sports Jacket that they have to provide irrefutable arguments proving what happened during those four hours?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)