|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A rope.
(b) A chair.
(c) A drink.
(d) A cigarette.
2. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Officer.
(c) The Big Man.
(d) The Superintendent.
3. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He trips on the phone cord.
(b) He falls out the window.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He gets punched.
4. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The Superintendent.
5. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The recording.
(b) The release.
(c) The dismissal.
(d) The typing.
6. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
(a) A disease.
(b) A fever.
(c) A raptus.
(d) A policeman.
7. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
8. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
9. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(c) Basic Italian grammar.
(d) Basic English language.
10. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) Yellow Blazer.
(c) The Registrar.
(d) Sports Jacket.
11. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Firing him.
12. What, according to the Maniac, does no one think more about than the anarchist?
(a) His bombings.
(b) His retirement.
(c) His suicide.
(d) His death.
13. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To hold a press conference.
(b) To fire Bertozzo.
(c) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(d) To put him in jail.
14. In whose office does the play open?
(b) The Coroner's.
(c) The Superintendent's.
(d) The Maniac's.
15. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A convict.
(b) A mailman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
2. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
3. How many mental institutions does the Maniac proclaim to have been in?
4. What does the Maniac say that an Anarchist cares about above all else?
5. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)