|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He trips on the phone cord.
(b) He trips and falls.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) He falls out the window.
2. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Officer.
(b) The Big Man.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Superintendent.
3. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A chair.
(b) A drink.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A rope.
4. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
(b) Firing him.
(c) Laughing at him.
5. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His chair.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) His papers.
6. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
(a) The first.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
7. What does the Maniac suggest to the Superintendent regarding Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He should be investigated by higher-ups.
(b) He should be fired.
(c) He should be promoted.
(d) He should see a psychiatrist.
8. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Anarchist.
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Maniac.
9. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Bertozzo's assistant.
(b) Bertozzo's wife.
(c) A judge.
(d) A nurse.
10. Who does the Maniac demand be brought into the office with him and Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Judge.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) The Officer.
11. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To fire Bertozzo.
(b) To put him in jail.
(c) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(d) To hold a press conference.
12. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
(a) A dog.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A judge.
(d) A child.
13. Where is the "overwhelming proof" they want to get rid of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, according to the Maniac in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) In his papers.
(b) From the Pope.
(c) In his office.
(d) He made it up.
14. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
(c) Someone at the door.
(d) A siren.
15. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) Next door.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many "versions" of the statement regarding the anarchist's death are there?
2. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
3. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
4. How many citizens were killed in the bombing by the accused Anarchist?
5. In what city does the play take place?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)