|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the Maniac profess to having studied Law?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Nine years.
2. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
(a) "Come and take me now!"
(b) "Free me!"
(c) "Everybody free!"
(d) "You're all off to jail!"
3. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Arrests him.
(b) Shoves him out.
(d) Kisses him.
4. From what floor did the Anarchist jump?
(a) The second.
(b) The third.
(c) The Fifth.
(d) The fourth.
5. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He's allergic to wool.
(b) He's keeping a microphone in his hat.
(c) He's got a large scar.
(d) There's a draft.
6. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Head Commissioner.
(d) The Prime Minister.
7. Where does the Maniac say the judge had been previously?
(a) A German concentration camp.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) A Turkish prison.
(d) A Russian prison camp.
8. In what version of the statement was it stated that the anarchist, looking "beaten-down," had lit a cigarette and commented in a tragic voice, "this is the end of the anarchist movement?"
(a) The first.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
9. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
10. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
11. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A child.
(c) A judge.
(d) A dog.
12. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Inspector.
(d) The Maniac.
13. Who does the Maniac demand be brought into the office with him and Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Officer.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Judge.
14. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
15. What does the Superintendent yell at Sports Jacket for upon his entrance?
(a) Complaining about wanting a raise.
(b) Ordering him and punching Bertozzo.
(c) Ordering him and calling the Judge.
(d) Filing court orders without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who consistently backs up the story that the Maniac feeds the Superintendent and Sports Jacket about their conversation with the anarchist?
2. Whose fault does the Maniac's say it is that the Superintendent and Sports Jacket almost jumped?
3. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
5. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)