Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His face.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His hand.
2. Who asks, "But did you really have the proof?" in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Superintendent.
(b) The Big Man.
(c) The Officer.
(d) The Maniac.
3. Who witnessed the fall of the anarchist?
(a) A blind man.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A judge.
4. What does the armed robbery citation say was robbed?
(a) A convenience store.
(b) A pharmacy.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A zoo.
5. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
(c) Someone at the door.
(d) A siren.
6. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Run for cover.
(b) Escape to Taiwan.
(c) Kill the judge.
(d) Jump out the window.
7. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A wig and glasses.
(b) A ladies' dress.
(c) A hat and coat.
(d) A cane and shawl.
8. How many citizens were killed in the bombing by the accused Anarchist?
9. Who says, "They almost went along with it; they were desperate. The smallest pretext is sufficient when one is desperate?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) Sports Jacket.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) The Superintendent.
10. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
11. What does the Maniac ask the Superintendent if he hadn't had as a kid?
(a) Model ships.
(b) Teddy bears.
(c) Toy trains.
12. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
13. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) The Anarchist Report.
(c) His prescriptions.
(d) His release papers.
14. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Inspector.
(d) The Commissioner.
15. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
(a) Three years and loss of rank and pension.
(b) Seventeen years and loss of pension.
(c) Ten years and loss of rank.
(d) Six to nine years and loss of pension.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'll bet you're even saner than I am?"
2. Where does the Maniac learn there will be a judge arriving from?
3. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Maniac say that the judge's name is who is coming?
5. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)