|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Death certificates.
(c) Birth certificates.
(d) Marriage licenses.
2. Who says in Act 1, Scene 2, "No lord ever killed a good hunting dog to satisfy a peasant! If anything, it's been the other way around?"
(a) The Constable.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Superintendent.
3. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The release.
(b) The typing.
(c) The dismissal.
(d) The recording.
4. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
(a) Law school.
(b) A concentration camp.
(d) Fighting in the war.
5. What does the armed robbery citation say was robbed?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A pharmacy.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A convenience store.
6. What did the Anarchist ask for after the Superintendent told him his friend confessed?
(a) A rope.
(b) A drink.
(c) A chair.
(d) A cigarette.
7. What does the Maniac suggest to the Superintendent regarding Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He should be promoted.
(b) He should be investigated by higher-ups.
(c) He should see a psychiatrist.
(d) He should be fired.
8. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A raptus.
(c) A fever.
(d) A disease.
9. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His papers.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) His chair.
10. According to the Maniac, when a judge is reaching the prime of his career, what are others his age doing?
(b) Starting out.
11. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His hand.
(b) His face.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
12. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He falls out the window.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) He trips on the phone cord.
13. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The Anarchist.
(c) The Maniac.
(d) Sports Jacket.
14. Who does the Maniac tell Sports Jacket he once knew who massaged himself in such a way?
(a) A mailman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A convict.
(d) A bishop.
15. What does the illness the Maniac suffers from cause him to do compulsively?
(d) Play roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the Maniac's card say he's a former professor?
2. What does the Superintendent yell at Sports Jacket for upon his entrance?
3. What does the Maniac threaten to do if he's not allowed to stay?
4. In what city does the play take place?
5. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)