|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
(a) His criminal record.
(b) His release papers.
(c) The Anarchist Report.
(d) His prescriptions.
2. What does the Maniac suggest the Superintendent and Sports Jacket do, given their situation, in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Escape to Taiwan.
(b) Kill the judge.
(c) Jump out the window.
(d) Run for cover.
3. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
(a) Three a.m.
(c) Eight p.m.
(d) Four a.m.
4. Who does the Maniac demand be brought into the office with him and Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Officer.
5. What does the Maniac make sounds of in the background while on the phone?
(a) A siren.
(d) Someone at the door.
6. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
(a) Laughing at him.
(c) Firing him.
7. The Maniac tells the Superintendent and Sports Jacket that they have to provide irrefutable arguments proving what happened during those four hours?
(a) The anarchist wept.
(b) The anarchist was proven guilty.
(c) The anarchist overcame his depression.
(d) The anarchist admitted his crimes.
8. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A circus.
(b) A murder.
(c) A trial.
(d) A raptus.
9. What had the Anarchist been "seized by" leading to his death?
(a) A disease.
(b) A fever.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A raptus.
10. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Yellow Blazer.
(b) The Registrar.
(c) Sports Jacket.
(d) The Superintendent.
11. What is Sports Jacket massaging in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His head.
(b) His face.
(c) His leg.
(d) His hand.
12. What was the Anarchist's occupation?
(a) Railway worker.
13. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Head Commissioner.
14. What does Bertozzo ask the Maniac if he's ever impersonated?
(a) A child.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A judge.
(d) A dog.
15. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(a) Basic English language.
(c) Basic Italian grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Yes, your honor, they had just left the room when he jumped out"?
2. What are the documents the person on the phone requests from the Maniac?
3. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
4. Who says, "They almost went along with it; they were desperate. The smallest pretext is sufficient when one is desperate?"
5. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)