|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Maniac learn the judge is coming?
(a) To fire Bertozzo.
(b) To hold a press conference.
(c) To investigate the Anarchist's death.
(d) To put him in jail.
2. What does the Maniac say they have to add more of to the versions of the statements they already have in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who consistently backs up the story that the Maniac feeds the Superintendent and Sports Jacket about their conversation with the anarchist?
(c) The Constable.
4. Where is the "overwhelming proof" they want to get rid of the Superintendent and Sports Jacket, according to the Maniac in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2?
(a) He made it up.
(b) In his office.
(c) In his papers.
(d) From the Pope.
5. What does the Maniac instruct the Superintendent to do as he examines the documents?
(a) Recreate his entrance.
(b) Give him money for coffee.
(c) Leave and go home.
(d) Go get him coffee.
6. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A circus.
(b) A murder.
(c) A raptus.
(d) A trial.
7. Who is alone in the room at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Anarchist.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) Sports Jacket.
8. Who witnessed the fall of the anarchist?
(a) A reporter.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) A judge.
(d) A blind man.
9. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) Yellow Blazer.
(c) The Registrar.
(d) The Superintendent.
10. What time did the anarchist jump from the window?
(a) Eight p.m.
(b) Four a.m.
(c) Three a.m.
11. What does the Maniac say that an Anarchist cares about above all else?
(a) His anarchy.
(b) His job.
12. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Shoves him out.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Arrests him.
13. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His papers.
(c) His chair.
(d) His suitcase.
14. In what city does the play take place?
(c) New York.
15. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
(a) His prescriptions.
(b) His criminal record.
(c) His release papers.
(d) The Anarchist Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Constable say he gave the anarchist?
2. According to the testimony, "The railroad worker calmed down and stated that he and the ex-dancer were __________."
3. What does the Maniac take from by the door as he exits the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)