|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the file cabinet filled with that the Maniac examines in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Marriage licenses.
(b) Death certificates.
(d) Birth certificates.
2. Who says, "Yes, your honor, they had just left the room when he jumped out"?
(a) The Maniac.
(b) The Constable.
(c) The Superintendent.
(d) Sports Jacket.
3. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Arrests him.
(b) Kisses him.
(d) Shoves him out.
4. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
(a) Eat him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Bite him.
(d) Cry to him.
5. Where do the Superintendent and Sports Jacket say they got the news that the anarchist dancer had confessed?
(a) From the dancer's wife.
(b) From a witness.
(c) From the dancer.
(d) They made it up.
6. Where does the Maniac say the judge had been previously?
(a) A Turkish prison.
(b) The Vatican.
(c) A German concentration camp.
(d) A Russian prison camp.
7. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
(a) His release papers.
(b) His criminal record.
(c) His prescriptions.
(d) The Anarchist Report.
8. Who does the Maniac pretend to be while on the phone in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Bertozzo's wife.
(b) A judge.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Bertozzo's assistant.
9. Who tells the judge, "No, we wanted to prove that the 'raptus' couldn't have been caused by our deceptions, by our false statements?"
(a) Dr. Antonio.
(b) The Constable.
(c) Sports Shirt.
(d) The Superintendent.
10. What time does the Superintendent say they "set the trick" with the anarchist?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 12:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
11. According to the Maniac, when a judge is reaching the prime of his career, what are others his age doing?
(b) Starting out.
12. What was the Anarchist's occupation?
(a) Railway worker.
13. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A murder.
(b) A raptus.
(c) A circus.
(d) A trial.
14. Where does the Maniac suggest he might know the Superintendent from?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) Fighting in the war.
(c) Law school.
15. From where does the Maniac's card say he's a former professor?
(a) University of Padova.
(b) University of Quinoa.
(c) University of Indianapolis.
(d) University of Sicily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took place previously in the room that Act 1, Scene 2 is set in?
2. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does the Maniac say that the judge's name is who is coming?
4. What does the Maniac say that an Anarchist cares about above all else?
5. What did the judge and the Superintendent say definitely contributed to the Anarchist's suicidal breakdown?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)