|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What took place previously in the room that Act 1, Scene 2 is set in?
(a) The arrest of the Maniac.
(b) The invasion of the spies.
(c) The murder of Bertozzo.
(d) The death of the anarchist.
2. Which character says, "Yeah, they sure do look . . . excuse the expression . . . a little up shit creek, as they say?"
(a) Sports Jacket.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) The Constable.
(d) The Maniac.
3. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He trips on the phone cord.
(b) He trips and falls.
(c) He gets punched.
(d) He falls out the window.
4. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Burn the file cabinet.
(b) Call his mother.
(c) Creep out the door.
(d) Jump out the window.
5. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His papers.
(c) His chair.
(d) His suitcase.
6. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
(b) Laughing at him.
(d) Firing him.
7. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
8. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The typing.
(b) The release.
(c) The recording.
(d) The dismissal.
9. What was the Anarchist's occupation?
(d) Railway worker.
10. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Registrar.
(b) The Superintendent.
(c) Yellow Blazer.
(d) Sports Jacket.
11. From what floor did the Anarchist jump?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The third.
(c) The Fifth.
(d) The second.
12. What does the Maniac say prevents him from committing fraud on his business card?
13. What is Bertozzo late for after speaking with the Maniac?
(b) Picking up his wife.
(c) A meeting.
(d) Getting his clothes from the cleaners.
14. What is the Maniac excited about that he's going to do after hanging up the phone?
(a) Impersonate the judge.
(b) Find the Anarchist.
(c) Free the prisoners.
(d) Impersonate Bertozzo.
15. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Superintendent's.
(b) The Maniac's.
(c) The Coroner's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does the Maniac laugh that he would love to see caught up in the Anarchist scandal?
3. The Maniac tells the Superintendent and Sports Jacket that they have to provide irrefutable arguments proving what happened during those four hours?
4. What does the Maniac say is the sentence for "provocation and violence resulting in harm to a defenseless and disabled individual incapable of acting responsibility for his or her own actions?"
5. Who says, "I'll bet you're even saner than I am?"
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)