|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
(a) "Free me!"
(b) "Come and take me now!"
(c) "You're all off to jail!"
(d) "Everybody free!"
2. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) Next door.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The jail.
(d) The fourth floor.
3. What took place previously in the room that Act 1, Scene 2 is set in?
(a) The arrest of the Maniac.
(b) The murder of Bertozzo.
(c) The invasion of the spies.
(d) The death of the anarchist.
4. What does the Maniac ask the Superintendent if he hadn't had as a kid?
(b) Toy trains.
(c) Teddy bears.
(d) Model ships.
5. What did the judge and the Superintendent say definitely contributed to the Anarchist's suicidal breakdown?
(a) Fear of death.
(b) Fear of arrest.
(c) Fear of losing his job.
(d) Fear of bludgeoning.
6. What was the Anarchist's occupation?
(d) Railway worker.
7. Why does the Maniac say he hasn't removed his hat when speaking to Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He's keeping a microphone in his hat.
(b) He's allergic to wool.
(c) He's got a large scar.
(d) There's a draft.
8. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
9. What happens to Bertozzo at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He trips on the phone cord.
(b) He gets punched.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He falls out the window.
10. What does the Maniac tell the Constable when he asks what's going on in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A murder.
(b) A raptus.
(c) A trial.
(d) A circus.
11. In what city does the play take place?
(c) New York.
12. What does the Maniac tell the person on the phone that Bertozzo is doing?
(c) Laughing at him.
(d) Firing him.
13. What had the Anarchist been accused of bombing?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bank.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
14. What does the Maniac suggest to the Superintendent regarding Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He should be fired.
(b) He should be promoted.
(c) He should be investigated by higher-ups.
(d) He should see a psychiatrist.
15. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
(a) Corrupt officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Superintendent initially mistake the Maniac for?
2. What does the Maniac say that an Anarchist cares about above all else?
3. Who does the Maniac demand be brought into the office with him and Sports Jacket in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Superintendent yell at Sports Jacket for upon his entrance?
5. How many times has the Maniac been arrested (including this time)?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)