Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is happening in the beginning of the play? What does Bertozzo want from the Maniac?
2. What do the police records show regarding the Maniac's history? How does he respond to these allegations?
3. What is the Maniac's justification for his "crimes" in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about the actors he performs with?
5. What does the Maniac say he thinks about judges?
6. How does the Maniac say he "trained" for his work as a psychiatrist?
7. What does the Maniac tell Bertozzo about grammar in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does the Maniac react when Bertozzo says if he will just sign the statement, he will let him go?
9. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1? What does he find?
10. What does the Maniac do with the documents he finds while in the office alone?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)