|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac begin to do before the phone rings in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Burn the file cabinet.
(c) Jump out the window.
(d) Creep out the door.
2. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His papers.
(b) His moustache.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) His chair.
3. What does Bertozzo not know about in Act 2?
(a) The incriminating evidence.
(b) The "counter-investigation."
(c) The judge's orders.
(d) The Maniac's true identity.
4. What does the report say which disputes the statement that the officer grabbed the Anarchist as he fell?
(a) His tie was undone.
(b) His glasses were broken.
(c) He was wearing both shoes.
(d) He fell backwards.
5. Why did the judge rule the alibis unreliable?
(a) They were associated with the bombing.
(b) They were elderly and in poor health.
(c) They were rich.
(d) They were known criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remarks to the reporter, "Oh, we often call for stretchers, just in case, because you never know . . . and sometimes we hit it at just the right minute, as you see?"
2. Who calls on the phone when the Maniac is alone in the room in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. The Maniac asks when examining the Anarchist's jump who in the room acted as his what?
4. Who slips and falls on the marble in front of the reporter?
5. Who witnessed the fall of the anarchist?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)