|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the play take place?
(c) New York.
2. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
(a) The Journalist.
(b) The Commissioner.
(c) The Inspector.
(d) The Maniac.
3. What does the Maniac scream out while tearing up citations in the office?
(a) "Come and take me now!"
(b) "You're all off to jail!"
(c) "Free me!"
(d) "Everybody free!"
4. What does the Maniac threaten to do to the Inspector?
(a) Bite him.
(b) Cry to him.
(c) Slap him.
(d) Eat him.
5. What does the Maniac accuse the Inspector of being ignorant of?
(a) Basic English language.
(c) Basic Italian grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How many times has the Maniac been convicted?
3. Who says, "I'll bet you're even saner than I am?"
4. How many mental institutions does the Maniac proclaim to have been in?
5. What profession is, to the Maniac, the most noble?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)