|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Maniac threaten to do if he's not allowed to stay?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Jump out the window.
(c) Inform the media.
(d) Tell the boss.
2. Where is the call coming from which the Maniac answers?
(a) The jail.
(b) The fourth floor.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Next door.
3. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
(a) The Inspector.
(b) The Maniac.
(c) The Journalist.
(d) The Commissioner.
4. What does the Maniac offer to assist with on the report in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The release.
(b) The typing.
(c) The dismissal.
(d) The recording.
5. What does Bertozzo do once he recognizes the Maniac leaving the office in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Shoves him out.
(b) Kisses him.
(d) Arrests him.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the Maniac's card say he's a former professor?
2. What does the Maniac return for in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What profession is, to the Maniac, the most noble?
4. In what city does the play take place?
5. What does the Maniac practice after his phone call in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)