|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Superintendent accuse the Maniac of doing to them in Act 2?
(a) Commisserating with them.
(b) Blaming them.
(c) Pitying them.
(d) Mocking them.
2. In whose office does the play open?
(a) The Superintendent's.
(b) The Maniac's.
(d) The Coroner's.
3. In what city does the play take place?
(c) New York.
4. On what floor of the building does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What does the Maniac say that the superior council has?
(d) Corrupt officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "These characters have the power to save or destroy however and whenever they will: they toss out certain life sentences just the way someone might say, 'maybe it will rain tomorrow'?"
2. What does the Maniac tear up when he returns to the office?
3. Where does Bertozzo say he knows the forensics expert from?
4. Who says, "They almost went along with it; they were desperate. The smallest pretext is sufficient when one is desperate?"
5. According to the reporter, "the report on the _____ of the fall seems to be missing from the judge's dossier."
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)