Objective: Author - Dario Fo: As introduction to the study of Accidental Death of an Anarchist, we will begin by examining the playwright, Dario Fo. Dario Fo (born 1926) is an Italian dramatist, actor, director, and composer and received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1997. Today's class will examine the playwright, his life, career, and other works.
1) 1) Class Discussion: Introduce the play to the class. Accidental Death of an Anarchist was written by the Italian playwright Dario Fo.
Give the class a basic overview of Dario Fo:
* Dario Fo (born 1926) is an Italian dramatist, actor, director, and composer and received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1997.
* His works are known for farce, satire, and slapstick comedy, as well as a Brechtian approach to theatrical alienation techniques.
* His work often employs comedic methods of the ancient Italian commedia dell'arte.
* His father was a station master for the railroads and...
This section contains 11,303 words
(approx. 38 pages at 300 words per page)