|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
2. Where does Ellie offer to go with Marcus in Chapter 31?
3. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
4. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
2. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
3. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
4. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
5. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
6. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
7. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
8. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
9. What do Will and Fiona discuss in Chapter 32?
10. Why does Will feel hesitant about helping Fiona in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Will's fear of commitment. Why does he fear commitment? How does this fear of commitment impact his life?? What or who leads him to consider commitment by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. In what way is the setting an important aspect of this story? How might either Will's or Marcus' life have been different if they had not lived in London during this time?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "About a Boy". Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)