Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
2. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
3. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
5. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "About a Boy". Describe both Marcus' and Will's family. Is family important to Marcus? What does Marcus realize about family by the end of the novel? Why is this realization important for his character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hornby's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why does Hornby use foreshadowing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Will's fear of commitment. Why does he fear commitment? How does this fear of commitment impact his life?? What or who leads him to consider commitment by the end of the novel?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)