|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Will driving around in Chapter 20?
2. What does Will realize is the only interesting thing about him?
3. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
4. What does Ellie make for Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
2. What does Will confess to Rachel in Chapter 28?
3. Who argues in Chapter 23?
4. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
5. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
6. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
7. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
8. Why does Will feel hesitant about helping Fiona in Chapter 30?
9. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
10. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus struggles with bullying throughout the novel. Why might he be an easy target for bullies? What does Marcus do to try and avoid the bullies? Who does he blame for the bullying? What do the authority figures in his life do to help him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the struggles faced by Marcus throughout the novel. How does he deal with these obstacles and how does he overcome them? What causes these problems for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marcus' relationships with his parents. Does he have good relationships with them? Why or why not? How do his relationships with his parents evolve as the novel progresses?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)