|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus tell Will Ali did in Chapter 27?
2. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
3. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
4. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the protagonists? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Hornby's use of irony. What are some examples of irony in the novel? How do these examples affect the reader's experience when reading the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Marcus. What are his defining character traits? What is most important to him and why? What important events take place during his life in the novel? How does he grow as a character as the novel progresses?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)