|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus wait outside the news agent's in Chapter 27?
2. What does Will not know about life?
3. Where does Will meet Fiona in Chapter 32?
4. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
5. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
2. Who argues in Chapter 23?
3. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
4. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
5. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
6. What disappoints Marcus in Chapter 29?
7. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
8. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
9. Why does Fiona suggest that Marcus visit his father? What makes Marcus agree to go?
10. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Marcus and Will. Why do they become friends? Why do they like spending time with each other? How do they help each other? How do they help one another grow?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character Will. Who is Will and what are his defining character traits? How does he influence the life of the other protagonist, Marcus? Is he a good friend? How does he grow as a character by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze symbolism in the novel "About a Boy". What are some examples of symbolism??
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)