|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
2. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
3. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Ned?
5. Where does Marcus want Will to take him and Fiona in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will become involved again with Marcus in Chapter 12?
2. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
3. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
4. What does Marcus find at home in Chapter 11?
5. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
6. Describe Will's night at Fiona's and Marcus' home in Chapter 14.
7. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
8. What happens to Marcus' mother in Chapter 1? How does this affect Marcus and how does he try to make his mother feel better?
9. Why does Will buy Marcus shoes?
10. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the author of the novel? What are some other works he has written? Describe his writing style.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of love and romance in the novel "About a Boy", particularly between Will and Rachel and Marcus and Ellie.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Marcus' relationships with his parents. Does he have good relationships with them? Why or why not? How do his relationships with his parents evolve as the novel progresses?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)