Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Who is Roger?
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
5. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
2. What is Fiona concerned about in Chapter 36? How does Will make her feel better?
3. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
4. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
5. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
6. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
7. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
8. What happens to a duck at the SPAT picnic? How does Will cover up for Marcus because of the duck?
9. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
10. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
Discuss the motif of love and romance in the novel "About a Boy", particularly between Will and Rachel and Marcus and Ellie.
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "About a Boy". Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
Describe Marcus' relationships with his parents. Does he have good relationships with them? Why or why not? How do his relationships with his parents evolve as the novel progresses?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)