|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcus want Will to take him and Fiona in Chapter 13?
2. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
4. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
5. How does Will get by if he doesn't work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will almost wish at the SPAT meeting? Why does he almost wish this?
2. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
4. Why does Marcus blame his mother and teachers for the bullying he faces at school?
5. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
6. Who is Angie?
7. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
8. How does Will feel about the drama at the hospital and being there for it?
9. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
10. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Marcus. What are his defining character traits? What is most important to him and why? What important events take place during his life in the novel? How does he grow as a character as the novel progresses?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the protagonists? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hornby's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why does Hornby use foreshadowing?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)