|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
2. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
3. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
4. What does Will dislike?
5. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will think of marriage and children?
2. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
4. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
5. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
6. What does Will almost wish at the SPAT meeting? Why does he almost wish this?
7. Why does Will buy Marcus shoes?
8. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
9. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
10. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character Will. Who is Will and what are his defining character traits? How does he influence the life of the other protagonist, Marcus? Is he a good friend? How does he grow as a character by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the struggles faced by Marcus throughout the novel. How does he deal with these obstacles and how does he overcome them? What causes these problems for him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "About a Boy". Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)