|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
2. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
3. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
3. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
4. What happens when Marcus tries to hang out with some boys in Chapter 5?
5. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
6. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
7. What happens to Marcus at the news agent's store in Chapter 7?
8. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
9. Describe Will's night at Fiona's and Marcus' home in Chapter 14.
10. Who is Angie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze symbolism in the novel "About a Boy". What are some examples of symbolism??
Essay Topic 2
Discuss depression and suicide as depicted in the novel "About a Boy". Why does Fiona attempt suicide? How does her depression and attempted suicide impact Marcus? How is Kurt Cobain's suicide and depression depicted in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Will's fear of commitment. Why does he fear commitment? How does this fear of commitment impact his life?? What or who leads him to consider commitment by the end of the novel?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)