|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
2. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
4. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
5. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
2. What happens to a duck at the SPAT picnic? How does Will cover up for Marcus because of the duck?
3. Who is Angie?
4. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
5. What does Will think of marriage and children?
6. How does Will become involved again with Marcus in Chapter 12?
7. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
8. What does Will almost wish at the SPAT meeting? Why does he almost wish this?
9. Why does Will buy Marcus shoes?
10. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hornby's use of irony. What are some examples of irony in the novel? How do these examples affect the reader's experience when reading the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character Will. Who is Will and what are his defining character traits? How does he influence the life of the other protagonist, Marcus? Is he a good friend? How does he grow as a character by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Will's fear of commitment. Why does he fear commitment? How does this fear of commitment impact his life?? What or who leads him to consider commitment by the end of the novel?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)