|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
2. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
3. What is Will's last name?
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Will accompany Suzie and Marcus in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
2. What is Marcus' new theory about family in Chapter 35?
3. Who is Angie?
4. What does Will confess to Rachel in Chapter 28?
5. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
6. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
7. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
8. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
9. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
10. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Marcus and Will. Why do they become friends? Why do they like spending time with each other? How do they help each other? How do they help one another grow?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "About a Boy". Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "About a Boy". Who is in conflict with whom and why? How do these conflicts affect the plot and the characters?
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)