|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
2. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
3. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
5. What does Will dislike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Will ignores Fiona's message in Chapter 14?
2. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
3. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
4. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
5. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
6. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
7. Why does Marcus blame his mother and teachers for the bullying he faces at school?
8. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
9. How does Will feel about the drama at the hospital and being there for it?
10. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marcus struggles with bullying throughout the novel. Why might he be an easy target for bullies? What does Marcus do to try and avoid the bullies? Who does he blame for the bullying? What do the authority figures in his life do to help him?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the author of the novel? What are some other works he has written? Describe his writing style.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Marcus throughout the novel. How does he deal with these obstacles and how does he overcome them? What causes these problems for him?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)