|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
2. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
3. Who is Roger?
4. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
5. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Will's night at Fiona's and Marcus' home in Chapter 14.
2. What do Will and Fiona discuss in Chapter 32?
3. What happens after Will ignores Fiona's message in Chapter 14?
4. What news does Clive tell Marcus in Chapter 35?
5. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
6. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
7. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
8. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
9. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
10. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character Will. Who is Will and what are his defining character traits? How does he influence the life of the other protagonist, Marcus? Is he a good friend? How does he grow as a character by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of love and romance in the novel "About a Boy", particularly between Will and Rachel and Marcus and Ellie.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze symbolism in the novel "About a Boy". What are some examples of symbolism??
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)