|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will suggest when Marcus tells him about his troubles at school?
2. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
3. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
4. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
5. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
2. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
3. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
4. Why does Marcus blame his mother and teachers for the bullying he faces at school?
5. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
6. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
7. What does Will almost wish at the SPAT meeting? Why does he almost wish this?
8. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
9. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
10. Why does Will buy Marcus shoes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze symbolism in the novel "About a Boy". What are some examples of symbolism??
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the protagonists? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the fear felt by the main characters of the novel, particularly with the protagonists. What is Marcus afraid of? What is Will afraid of?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)