|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ellie called to the headmistress' office in Chapter 21?
(a) For cheating on a test.
(b) For wearing Kurt Cobain's sweatshirt.
(c) For making a fire in a garbage can.
(d) For punching Marcus.
2. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
(b) The main course gets burned.
(c) Fiona has the flu.
(d) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
3. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He runs out of the house.
(c) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
(d) He yells at his mother.
4. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
5. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
(b) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
(c) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
(d) He will volunteer with a charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marcus forced to tell his mother about his visits to Will's in Chapter 17?
2. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
3. Who is Clive?
4. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
5. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
2. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
3. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Fiona suggest that Marcus visit his father? What makes Marcus agree to go?
5. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
6. What makes Will unhappy enough to skip Christmas in Chapter 18?
7. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
8. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
9. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
10. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)