|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) That Marcus is her best friend.
(b) That she is moving.
(c) That she knows about Fiona's suicide attempt.
(d) That she likes Marcus.
2. What can Will not find a polite way out of in Chapter 22?
(a) His friend's baby shower.
(b) His mother's engagement party.
(c) Marcus' Christmas invitation.
(d) His neighbor's Sunday brunch.
3. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Clive's girlfriend.
(b) Fiona's sister.
(c) Will's date.
(d) Fiona's best friend.
4. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
(a) Kurt Cobain's attempted suicide.
(b) Her mother leaves home.
(c) Her teacher yells at her.
(d) Marcus tells her he doesn't want to be friends.
5. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
2. What do Ellie and Marcus see Ellie's mother doing in Chapter 25?
3. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
4. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
5. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
2. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
3. Why does Will feel hesitant about helping Fiona in Chapter 30?
4. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
5. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
6. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
7. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
8. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
9. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
10. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)