|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) He will volunteer with a charity.
(b) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
(c) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
(d) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
2. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
(a) That he doesn't want to get married.
(b) That he wants to break-up.
(c) That he has decided to move to America.
(d) The truth of his relationship with Marcus.
3. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
(a) He is uncomfortable.
(b) He is dumbfounded.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is delighted.
4. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Fiona has the flu.
(b) The main course gets burned.
(c) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
(d) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
5. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
(a) She isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
(b) She was telling him the truth.
(c) She was making fun of him by telling him a lie.
(d) She was protecting Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
2. Where does Will meet Fiona in Chapter 32?
3. Who does Will fall in love with?
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
5. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
2. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
3. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
4. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
5. Who argues in Chapter 23?
6. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
7. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
8. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
9. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
10. What do Ellie and Marcus talk about at the party in Chapter 25?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)