|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(b) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(c) His date has stood him up.
(d) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
2. Who is Ali?
(a) Rachel's son.
(b) Marcus' bully.
(c) Marcus' neighbor.
(d) Will's nephew.
3. Why is Ellie called to the headmistress' office in Chapter 21?
(a) For punching Marcus.
(b) For making a fire in a garbage can.
(c) For wearing Kurt Cobain's sweatshirt.
(d) For cheating on a test.
4. Where does Will meet Fiona in Chapter 32?
(a) At Marcus' school.
(b) At the park.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At Fiona's house.
5. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
(a) For lying about Ned.
(b) For not getting a job.
(c) For being irresponsible with Marcus.
(d) For dumping her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona ask Will to do in Chapter 18 when she calls him?
2. What do Ellie and Marcus see Ellie's mother doing in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
4. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
5. Who is Lindsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
2. What makes Will unhappy enough to skip Christmas in Chapter 18?
3. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
4. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
5. What do Will and Fiona discuss in Chapter 32?
6. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
7. What does Will confess to Rachel in Chapter 28?
8. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
9. What do Ellie and Marcus talk about at the party in Chapter 25?
10. Why does Fiona suggest that Marcus visit his father? What makes Marcus agree to go?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)