|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will realize is the only interesting thing about him?
(b) His past.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His style.
2. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
(a) His insolence towards the teacher.
(b) His use of curse words.
(c) Marcus' new friends.
(d) His new hairstyle.
3. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks its funny.
(b) She is unfazed.
(c) She thinks it's disgusting.
(d) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
4. How does Will disappoint Marcus in Chapter 29?
(a) He cheats on Rachel.
(b) He gets drunk and tells off Fiona.
(c) He does not try to help Marcus and his mother.
(d) He forgets an important event.
5. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
(a) He has been sick lately.
(b) Fiona's depression is a constant worry to Marcus.
(c) He is failing school.
(d) Because of Kurt Cobain's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus tell Will about when he gets to his apartment in Chapter 20?
2. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
3. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
4. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
2. Why does Fiona suggest that Marcus visit his father? What makes Marcus agree to go?
3. What disappoints Marcus in Chapter 29?
4. Who is Rachel?
5. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
6. What do Will and Fiona discuss in Chapter 32?
7. Why does Will feel hesitant about helping Fiona in Chapter 30?
8. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
9. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
10. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)