|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His hat.
(c) His schoolbag.
(d) His shoes.
2. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
(b) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
(c) A twenty-year old feud.
(d) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
3. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A four-star restaurant.
(b) A 50's-style diner.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A pizza parlor.
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By crying.
(b) By asking her to dance.
(c) By laughing too much at her jokes.
(d) By trying to kiss her.
5. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(b) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(c) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(d) His date has stood him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ali?
2. Who is Lindsey?
3. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
4. What does Will not know about life?
5. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
2. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
3. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
5. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
6. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
7. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
8. Why does Fiona suggest that Marcus visit his father? What makes Marcus agree to go?
9. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
10. What makes Will unhappy enough to skip Christmas in Chapter 18?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)