|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
(a) For not getting a job.
(b) For dumping her.
(c) For lying about Ned.
(d) For being irresponsible with Marcus.
2. Who is Ali?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Marcus' bully.
(c) Marcus' neighbor.
(d) Rachel's son.
3. What does Fiona ask Will to do in Chapter 18 when she calls him?
(a) Adopt Marcus.
(b) Avoid Marcus.
(c) To see Marcus again.
(d) Check up on Marcus occasionally.
4. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
5. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) He is taunted in gym class.
(b) He forgot his homework at school.
(c) Bullies throw eggs at him.
(d) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
2. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
3. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Marcus wait outside the news agent's in Chapter 27?
5. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
2. What do Ellie and Marcus talk about at the party in Chapter 25?
3. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
4. Who is Rachel?
5. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
6. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
7. Why does Will feel hesitant about helping Fiona in Chapter 30?
8. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
9. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
10. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)