|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
(a) That he is emigrating.
(b) That his father had an accident.
(c) That he is having a child with his girlfriend.
(d) That he is not Marcus' real father.
2. What makes Ellie and Zoe laugh in Chapter 21?
(a) When Marcus talks about Kurt Cobain.
(b) When Marcus trips and then cries.
(c) When Marcus tells Ellie she has nice eyes.
(d) When Marcus insults Ellie.
3. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He yells at his mother.
(c) He runs out of the house.
(d) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
4. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
(a) Bring his parents back together.
(b) Help him improve his grades.
(c) Teach him how to be cool.
(d) Convince Ellie to be Marcus' girlfriend.
5. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) Bullies throw eggs at him.
(b) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
(c) He is taunted in gym class.
(d) He forgot his homework at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Will not find a polite way out of in Chapter 22?
2. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
3. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
4. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
2. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
3. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
4. What makes Will unhappy enough to skip Christmas in Chapter 18?
5. What do Will and Fiona discuss in Chapter 32?
6. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
7. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
8. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
9. Who argues in Chapter 23?
10. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)