|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
(a) To be Marcus' father figure.
(b) About her depression.
(c) To stay away from his son.
(d) About Marcus' childhood.
2. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At Marcus' house.
(b) At Will's house.
(c) At the park.
(d) At the bus stop.
3. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) A twenty-year old feud.
(b) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
(c) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
(d) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By laughing too much at her jokes.
(b) By asking her to dance.
(c) By trying to kiss her.
(d) By crying.
5. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A pizza parlor.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A 50's-style diner.
(d) A four-star restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie called to the headmistress' office in Chapter 21?
2. Who is Lindsey?
3. Who is Megan?
4. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
5. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
2. What disappoints Marcus in Chapter 29?
3. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
5. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
6. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
7. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
8. Who is Rachel?
9. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
10. What makes Will unhappy enough to skip Christmas in Chapter 18?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)