|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marcus forced to visit with in Chapter 19?
(b) His father.
(c) The headmistress at his school.
(d) His smelly aunt.
2. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She is unfazed.
(b) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(c) She thinks it's disgusting.
(d) She thinks its funny.
3. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) That Marcus is her best friend.
(b) That she is moving.
(c) That she knows about Fiona's suicide attempt.
(d) That she likes Marcus.
4. Who is Ellie?
(a) A teacher's assistant.
(b) Marcus' cousin.
(c) The smartest kid at school.
(d) The school troublemaker.
5. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To his house.
(b) To Will's.
(c) To see his father.
(d) To school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ellie and Marcus see Ellie's mother doing in Chapter 25?
2. Where does Ellie offer to go with Marcus in Chapter 31?
3. Who is Clive?
4. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
5. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will tell Marcus in Chapter 20 when Marcus tells Will about his run-in with Ellie?
2. Why does Will feel hesitant about helping Fiona in Chapter 30?
3. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
4. Who argues in Chapter 23?
5. Why does Fiona suggest that Marcus visit his father? What makes Marcus agree to go?
6. Why does Marcus run out of the house in Chapter 26?
7. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
8. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
9. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
10. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)