|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
(a) She pours a large carton of milk on him.
(b) She steals his shoes and hat.
(c) She hits him with a bat.
(d) She punches him.
2. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
(b) Because she needs professional help.
(c) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
(d) Because he does not get along well with her.
3. How does Will disappoint Marcus in Chapter 29?
(a) He gets drunk and tells off Fiona.
(b) He cheats on Rachel.
(c) He does not try to help Marcus and his mother.
(d) He forgets an important event.
4. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His schoolbag.
(d) His hat.
5. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At Will's house.
(b) At the bus stop.
(c) At Marcus' house.
(d) At the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
2. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
3. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
4. Who is Ellie?
5. Why is Will driving around in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
2. What lie does Will tell Rachel?
3. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Rachel?
5. How does Fiona react when she finds out about Marcus' visits to Will's house?
6. What disappoints Marcus in Chapter 29?
7. How do Ellie and Zoe react in Chapter 21 when Marcus tells them that he knows Ellie was lying to him before?
8. What does Will confess to Rachel in Chapter 28?
9. What deal do Marcus and Will make in Chapter 26?
10. Describe the Christmas dinner in Chapter 22.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)