|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
(b) He will volunteer with a charity.
(c) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
(d) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
2. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(b) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(c) His date has stood him up.
(d) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
3. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
(b) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
(c) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
(d) A twenty-year old feud.
4. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
(a) That he has a crush on her.
(b) That he knows that the man on her sweatshirt is Kurt Cobain.
(c) That she is a mean person.
(d) That she has nice eyes.
5. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because she needs professional help.
(b) Because he does not get along well with her.
(c) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
(d) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
6. How does Will disappoint Marcus in Chapter 29?
(a) He forgets an important event.
(b) He cheats on Rachel.
(c) He does not try to help Marcus and his mother.
(d) He gets drunk and tells off Fiona.
7. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
(a) His biology homework.
(c) How to be cool.
(d) The image on Ellie's shirt.
8. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
(a) Teach him how to be cool.
(b) Help him improve his grades.
(c) Convince Ellie to be Marcus' girlfriend.
(d) Bring his parents back together.
9. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On New Year's Eve.
(b) On Valentine's Day.
(c) On Christmas Day.
(d) On his birthday.
10. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he cheated on Rachel.
(b) Because he did not help Marcus with his mother.
(c) Because he insulted Fiona.
(d) Because he forgot an important event.
11. What does Will not know about life?
(a) When it will end.
(b) What makes a good one.
(c) Why he is so bad at it.
(d) What the point of it is.
12. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Fiona has the flu.
(b) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(c) The main course gets burned.
(d) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
13. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
(a) He apologizes to Marcus.
(b) He grins slyly when others aren't looking.
(c) He tries to hide in his room.
(d) He beats his chest with his fist.
14. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
(a) They end up in bed together.
(b) They break-up.
(c) They become engaged.
(d) They decide to move in together.
15. Who is Megan?
(a) Clive's girlfriend.
(b) Suzie's daughter.
(c) Marcus' friend.
(d) Will's date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
2. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
3. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
4. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
5. How does Marcus react when he sees Ellie at Suzie's New Year's Eve party?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)