|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
2. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At Marcus' house.
(b) At Will's house.
(c) At the park.
(d) At the bus stop.
3. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
(a) Because of Kurt Cobain's death.
(b) He is failing school.
(c) Fiona's depression is a constant worry to Marcus.
(d) He has been sick lately.
4. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
(a) He is charitable.
(b) He is self-centered.
(c) He is a mystery.
(d) He is dangerous.
5. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
(a) His use of curse words.
(b) His new hairstyle.
(c) His insolence towards the teacher.
(d) Marcus' new friends.
6. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On Christmas Day.
(b) On New Year's Eve.
(c) On Valentine's Day.
(d) On his birthday.
7. What does Marcus promise to do for Will in Chapter 26?
(a) Keep Fiona away.
(b) Cook for him.
(c) Pretend to be his son.
(d) Clean his house.
8. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
(a) She insults Will.
(b) She laughs at his mother.
(c) She cheats on a test.
(d) She suggests that Kurt Cobain will try to commit suicide again.
9. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
(a) About Marcus' childhood.
(b) To stay away from his son.
(c) To be Marcus' father figure.
(d) About her depression.
10. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
(a) For not getting a job.
(b) For being irresponsible with Marcus.
(c) For dumping her.
(d) For lying about Ned.
11. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
(a) That he has decided to move to America.
(b) That he doesn't want to get married.
(c) That he wants to break-up.
(d) The truth of his relationship with Marcus.
12. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She pours a large carton of milk on him.
(c) She hits him with a bat.
(d) She steals his shoes and hat.
13. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
(a) Teach him how to be cool.
(b) Help him improve his grades.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Convince Ellie to be Marcus' girlfriend.
14. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
(a) Marcus' reaction to Fiona's and Will's gifts.
(b) The atmosphere at the dinner before and after presents are opened.
(c) The gifts that Marcus' mother and father give him.
(d) Fiona's love of Christmas and Will's.
15. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Will's date.
(b) Fiona's sister.
(c) Fiona's best friend.
(d) Clive's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
2. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
3. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
4. Who does Will see when he is driving around in Chapter 20?
5. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)