|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
(b) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
(c) A twenty-year old feud.
(d) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
2. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
(a) That he wants to break-up.
(b) That he doesn't want to get married.
(c) The truth of his relationship with Marcus.
(d) That he has decided to move to America.
3. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he insulted Fiona.
(b) Because he forgot an important event.
(c) Because he did not help Marcus with his mother.
(d) Because he cheated on Rachel.
4. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
(b) Because she needs professional help.
(c) Because he does not get along well with her.
(d) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
5. What do Ellie and Marcus see Ellie's mother doing in Chapter 25?
(a) Stealing jewelry.
(c) Making out with a man.
(d) Taking drugs.
6. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
(a) That he has a crush on her.
(b) That he knows that the man on her sweatshirt is Kurt Cobain.
(c) That she has nice eyes.
(d) That she is a mean person.
7. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A pizza parlor.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A four-star restaurant.
(d) A 50's-style diner.
8. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) The things they eat.
(b) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(c) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
(d) His curfew.
9. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
(a) To the ninth year classroom.
(b) To a secret spot where they smoke.
(c) To a diner.
(d) To a club.
10. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
(a) That he is emigrating.
(b) That he is not Marcus' real father.
(c) That he is having a child with his girlfriend.
(d) That his father had an accident.
11. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
(a) His use of curse words.
(b) Marcus' new friends.
(c) His insolence towards the teacher.
(d) His new hairstyle.
12. Who is Marcus forced to visit with in Chapter 19?
(a) His father.
(b) The headmistress at his school.
(d) His smelly aunt.
13. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
(a) He has been sick lately.
(b) He is failing school.
(c) Because of Kurt Cobain's death.
(d) Fiona's depression is a constant worry to Marcus.
14. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On New Year's Eve.
(b) On his birthday.
(c) On Valentine's Day.
(d) On Christmas Day.
15. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
(a) The gifts that Marcus' mother and father give him.
(b) Marcus' reaction to Fiona's and Will's gifts.
(c) The atmosphere at the dinner before and after presents are opened.
(d) Fiona's love of Christmas and Will's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
2. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
3. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
4. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
5. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)