|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
(a) To the ninth year classroom.
(b) To a secret spot where they smoke.
(c) To a club.
(d) To a diner.
2. Who does Will fall in love with?
3. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
(a) That he is emigrating.
(b) That he is not Marcus' real father.
(c) That he is having a child with his girlfriend.
(d) That his father had an accident.
4. What makes Ellie and Zoe laugh in Chapter 21?
(a) When Marcus insults Ellie.
(b) When Marcus tells Ellie she has nice eyes.
(c) When Marcus trips and then cries.
(d) When Marcus talks about Kurt Cobain.
5. What does Megan try to do with her Christmas gift from Marcus?
(a) Share it with Will.
(b) Eat it.
(c) Throw it away.
(d) Break it.
6. Why is Ellie called to the headmistress' office in Chapter 21?
(a) For punching Marcus.
(b) For making a fire in a garbage can.
(c) For wearing Kurt Cobain's sweatshirt.
(d) For cheating on a test.
7. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
(a) His schoolbag.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
8. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
(a) She was making fun of him by telling him a lie.
(b) She isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
(c) She was protecting Marcus.
(d) She was telling him the truth.
9. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A pair of sneakers.
(c) Namebrand clothes.
(d) A Nirvana album.
10. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On Christmas Day.
(b) On Valentine's Day.
(c) On his birthday.
(d) On New Year's Eve.
11. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
(b) He will volunteer with a charity.
(c) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
(d) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
12. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
(a) He is self-centered.
(b) He is a mystery.
(c) He is charitable.
(d) He is dangerous.
13. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
14. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She is unfazed.
(b) She thinks it's disgusting.
(c) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(d) She thinks its funny.
15. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
(a) Her mother leaves home.
(b) Her teacher yells at her.
(c) Kurt Cobain's attempted suicide.
(d) Marcus tells her he doesn't want to be friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus promise to do for Will in Chapter 26?
2. What does Rachel suggest she do in Chapter 30?
3. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
5. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)