|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
(a) He beats his chest with his fist.
(b) He tries to hide in his room.
(c) He apologizes to Marcus.
(d) He grins slyly when others aren't looking.
2. What does Megan try to do with her Christmas gift from Marcus?
(a) Break it.
(b) Share it with Will.
(c) Eat it.
(d) Throw it away.
3. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To see his father.
(b) To his house.
(c) To school.
(d) To Will's.
4. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
(b) His biology homework.
(c) How to be cool.
(d) The image on Ellie's shirt.
5. What does Will not know about life?
(a) Why he is so bad at it.
(b) What makes a good one.
(c) When it will end.
(d) What the point of it is.
6. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) If he will ever truly be happy.
(b) If he would make a good father.
(c) If he is perhaps finally ready for a commitment.
(d) If he should get a job.
7. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
(a) Bring his parents back together.
(b) Convince Ellie to be Marcus' girlfriend.
(c) Help him improve his grades.
(d) Teach him how to be cool.
8. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) The main course gets burned.
(b) Fiona has the flu.
(c) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(d) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
9. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
(a) For dumping her.
(b) For lying about Ned.
(c) For being irresponsible with Marcus.
(d) For not getting a job.
10. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
(a) That she is a mean person.
(b) That she has nice eyes.
(c) That he knows that the man on her sweatshirt is Kurt Cobain.
(d) That he has a crush on her.
11. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
12. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) His date has stood him up.
(b) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(c) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(d) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
13. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) On Valentine's Day.
(c) On New Year's Eve.
(d) On Christmas Day.
14. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he did not help Marcus with his mother.
(b) Because he insulted Fiona.
(c) Because he cheated on Rachel.
(d) Because he forgot an important event.
15. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
(a) She isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
(b) She was making fun of him by telling him a lie.
(c) She was telling him the truth.
(d) She was protecting Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
2. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
4. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
5. What does Marcus tell Will Ali did in Chapter 27?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)