|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Fiona's sister.
(b) Fiona's best friend.
(c) Clive's girlfriend.
(d) Will's date.
2. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
(a) That he is emigrating.
(b) That he is not Marcus' real father.
(c) That he is having a child with his girlfriend.
(d) That his father had an accident.
3. How does Will disappoint Marcus in Chapter 29?
(a) He cheats on Rachel.
(b) He does not try to help Marcus and his mother.
(c) He forgets an important event.
(d) He gets drunk and tells off Fiona.
4. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
(b) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(c) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
(d) Her mother is in the news.
5. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She hits him with a bat.
(c) She pours a large carton of milk on him.
(d) She steals his shoes and hat.
6. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
(a) He is annoyed.
(b) He is delighted.
(c) He is uncomfortable.
(d) He is dumbfounded.
7. Who does Will fall in love with?
8. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By crying.
(b) By laughing too much at her jokes.
(c) By trying to kiss her.
(d) By asking her to dance.
9. Where does Ellie offer to go with Marcus in Chapter 31?
(a) To the principal's office.
(b) To visit his father.
(c) To the dentist's office.
(d) To Will's.
10. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
(a) The cafeteria lunches.
(b) Marcus' falling grades.
(c) The lack of supervision during recess.
(d) The stolen sneakers.
11. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To see his father.
(b) To his house.
(c) To school.
(d) To Will's.
12. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
(a) They end up in bed together.
(b) They break-up.
(c) They become engaged.
(d) They decide to move in together.
13. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) If he should get a job.
(b) If he will ever truly be happy.
(c) If he is perhaps finally ready for a commitment.
(d) If he would make a good father.
14. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A four-star restaurant.
(c) A pizza parlor.
(d) A 50's-style diner.
15. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks its funny.
(b) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(c) She is unfazed.
(d) She thinks it's disgusting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
2. What does Marcus promise to do for Will in Chapter 26?
3. What can Will not find a polite way out of in Chapter 22?
4. What does Rachel suggest she do in Chapter 30?
5. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)