|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He runs out of the house.
(d) He yells at his mother.
2. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
(b) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(c) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
(d) Her mother is in the news.
3. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
(a) She was protecting Marcus.
(b) She was making fun of him by telling him a lie.
(c) She isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
(d) She was telling him the truth.
4. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
(a) A guitar.
(b) Namebrand clothes.
(c) A pair of sneakers.
(d) A Nirvana album.
5. Who is Marcus forced to visit with in Chapter 19?
(a) The headmistress at his school.
(b) His smelly aunt.
(d) His father.
6. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
(a) About Marcus' childhood.
(b) To be Marcus' father figure.
(c) About her depression.
(d) To stay away from his son.
7. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Clive's girlfriend.
(b) Fiona's sister.
(c) Will's date.
(d) Fiona's best friend.
8. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Fiona has the flu.
(b) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(c) The main course gets burned.
(d) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
9. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At Will's house.
(b) At the park.
(c) At the bus stop.
(d) At Marcus' house.
10. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because she needs professional help.
(b) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
(c) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
(d) Because he does not get along well with her.
11. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) If he should get a job.
(b) If he is perhaps finally ready for a commitment.
(c) If he will ever truly be happy.
(d) If he would make a good father.
12. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
(a) Marcus' new friends.
(b) His use of curse words.
(c) His insolence towards the teacher.
(d) His new hairstyle.
13. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he did not help Marcus with his mother.
(b) Because he forgot an important event.
(c) Because he cheated on Rachel.
(d) Because he insulted Fiona.
14. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
(b) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
(c) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
(d) He will volunteer with a charity.
15. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
(a) The cafeteria lunches.
(b) The stolen sneakers.
(c) Marcus' falling grades.
(d) The lack of supervision during recess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
2. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
3. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
5. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)