|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks it's disgusting.
(b) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(c) She thinks its funny.
(d) She is unfazed.
2. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To school.
(b) To see his father.
(c) To Will's.
(d) To his house.
3. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
(b) Bullies throw eggs at him.
(c) He forgot his homework at school.
(d) He is taunted in gym class.
4. What do Ellie and Marcus see Ellie's mother doing in Chapter 25?
(a) Making out with a man.
(b) Taking drugs.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
5. What does Rachel suggest she do in Chapter 30?
(a) Spend some time on herself.
(b) Move in with Will.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Talk to Fiona.
6. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) Her mother is in the news.
(b) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
(c) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(d) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
7. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) That she knows about Fiona's suicide attempt.
(b) That she is moving.
(c) That she likes Marcus.
(d) That Marcus is her best friend.
8. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
(a) The cafeteria lunches.
(b) The lack of supervision during recess.
(c) The stolen sneakers.
(d) Marcus' falling grades.
9. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
(a) Her teacher yells at her.
(b) Marcus tells her he doesn't want to be friends.
(c) Her mother leaves home.
(d) Kurt Cobain's attempted suicide.
10. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
11. Who does Will fall in love with?
12. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(b) His date has stood him up.
(c) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(d) He is sick for the first time in three years.
13. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(b) The main course gets burned.
(c) Fiona has the flu.
(d) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
14. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
(a) That he knows that the man on her sweatshirt is Kurt Cobain.
(b) That he has a crush on her.
(c) That she has nice eyes.
(d) That she is a mean person.
15. Who is Ali?
(a) Marcus' neighbor.
(b) Will's nephew.
(c) Rachel's son.
(d) Marcus' bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
2. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
3. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
4. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
5. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)