|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Clive?
(a) Fiona's new boyfriend.
(b) Will's brother.
(c) Marcus' father.
(d) Marcus' friend.
2. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
(a) Her teacher yells at her.
(b) Marcus tells her he doesn't want to be friends.
(c) Kurt Cobain's attempted suicide.
(d) Her mother leaves home.
3. Who does Will see when he is driving around in Chapter 20?
4. What does Fiona ask Will to do in Chapter 18 when she calls him?
(a) Check up on Marcus occasionally.
(b) To see Marcus again.
(c) Adopt Marcus.
(d) Avoid Marcus.
5. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
(a) Namebrand clothes.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A Nirvana album.
(d) A pair of sneakers.
6. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks its funny.
(b) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(c) She thinks it's disgusting.
(d) She is unfazed.
7. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A four-star restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A 50's-style diner.
(d) A pizza parlor.
8. What do Ellie and Marcus see Ellie's mother doing in Chapter 25?
(a) Making out with a man.
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) Stealing jewelry.
9. Where does Will meet Fiona in Chapter 32?
(a) In a bar.
(b) At the park.
(c) At Marcus' school.
(d) At Fiona's house.
10. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
(a) To be Marcus' father figure.
(b) About Marcus' childhood.
(c) To stay away from his son.
(d) About her depression.
11. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) His date has stood him up.
(b) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(c) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(d) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
12. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) A twenty-year old feud.
(b) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
(c) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
(d) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
13. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
(a) He is dumbfounded.
(b) He is uncomfortable.
(c) He is delighted.
(d) He is annoyed.
14. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
(a) Kev O'Base.
(b) Kent Coburn.
(c) Karl Kobain.
(d) Kirk O'Bane.
15. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
(a) She steals his shoes and hat.
(b) She pours a large carton of milk on him.
(c) She hits him with a bat.
(d) She punches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
2. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
3. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
4. What does Will not know about life?
5. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)