|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
(a) For being irresponsible with Marcus.
(b) For dumping her.
(c) For not getting a job.
(d) For lying about Ned.
2. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(b) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(c) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(d) His date has stood him up.
3. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Fiona's sister.
(b) Fiona's best friend.
(c) Will's date.
(d) Clive's girlfriend.
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By asking her to dance.
(b) By crying.
(c) By trying to kiss her.
(d) By laughing too much at her jokes.
5. Why is Will driving around in Chapter 20?
(a) To listen to Nirvana at a loud volume.
(b) To pick-up women.
(c) To run errands.
(d) To try and find a gas station.
6. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
(a) To the ninth year classroom.
(b) To a club.
(c) To a secret spot where they smoke.
(d) To a diner.
7. Why is Marcus forced to tell his mother about his visits to Will's in Chapter 17?
(a) He breaks curfew.
(b) He comes home without shoes.
(c) Will has to drive Marcus home when he becomes sick.
(d) He forgets his schoolbag at Will's.
8. Who is Ali?
(a) Rachel's son.
(b) Marcus' neighbor.
(c) Will's nephew.
(d) Marcus' bully.
9. Who is Megan?
(a) Will's date.
(b) Marcus' friend.
(c) Suzie's daughter.
(d) Clive's girlfriend.
10. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
(a) Her teacher yells at her.
(b) Her mother leaves home.
(c) Kurt Cobain's attempted suicide.
(d) Marcus tells her he doesn't want to be friends.
11. What does Will not know about life?
(a) Why he is so bad at it.
(b) What makes a good one.
(c) What the point of it is.
(d) When it will end.
12. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
(a) They end up in bed together.
(b) They become engaged.
(c) They break-up.
(d) They decide to move in together.
13. What does Fiona ask Will to do in Chapter 18 when she calls him?
(a) Adopt Marcus.
(b) Avoid Marcus.
(c) To see Marcus again.
(d) Check up on Marcus occasionally.
14. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
(a) She laughs at his mother.
(b) She insults Will.
(c) She cheats on a test.
(d) She suggests that Kurt Cobain will try to commit suicide again.
15. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) The things they eat.
(b) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
(c) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(d) His curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
2. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
4. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)