|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) He will volunteer with a charity.
(b) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
(c) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
(d) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
2. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
(a) They decide to move in together.
(b) They end up in bed together.
(c) They become engaged.
(d) They break-up.
3. Who is Ellie?
(a) A teacher's assistant.
(b) The smartest kid at school.
(c) Marcus' cousin.
(d) The school troublemaker.
4. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(b) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
(c) Her mother is in the news.
(d) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
5. What does Will not know about life?
(a) Why he is so bad at it.
(b) What the point of it is.
(c) What makes a good one.
(d) When it will end.
6. What does Marcus tell Will about when he gets to his apartment in Chapter 20?
(a) His future goals.
(b) His birthday party.
(c) His meeting with the headmistress.
(d) His grades at school.
7. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
(a) To a secret spot where they smoke.
(b) To the ninth year classroom.
(c) To a diner.
(d) To a club.
8. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
(a) Fiona's love of Christmas and Will's.
(b) The atmosphere at the dinner before and after presents are opened.
(c) Marcus' reaction to Fiona's and Will's gifts.
(d) The gifts that Marcus' mother and father give him.
9. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because he does not get along well with her.
(b) Because she needs professional help.
(c) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
(d) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
10. Why is Marcus forced to tell his mother about his visits to Will's in Chapter 17?
(a) He breaks curfew.
(b) He comes home without shoes.
(c) He forgets his schoolbag at Will's.
(d) Will has to drive Marcus home when he becomes sick.
11. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) The things they eat.
(b) His curfew.
(c) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(d) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
12. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His schoolbag.
13. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
(a) He is charitable.
(b) He is dangerous.
(c) He is a mystery.
(d) He is self-centered.
14. During Will's and Fiona's meal in Chapter 32, what does Will realize is the only thing Fiona needs?
(a) A new job.
(b) Someone to talk to.
(c) A bit of peace and quiet.
(d) A man in her life.
15. Who is Marcus forced to visit with in Chapter 19?
(b) His smelly aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) The headmistress at his school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
2. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
3. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
4. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
5. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)