|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus wait outside the news agent's in Chapter 27?
(a) The clerk does not want too many people in the store.
(b) He has no money to spend.
(c) He is scared of the clerk.
(d) He is meeting someone there.
2. Why is Will concerned for Marcus in Chapter 32?
(a) He is failing school.
(b) Fiona's depression is a constant worry to Marcus.
(c) Because of Kurt Cobain's death.
(d) He has been sick lately.
3. Who is Clive?
(a) Will's brother.
(b) Marcus' friend.
(c) Fiona's new boyfriend.
(d) Marcus' father.
4. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
(b) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
(c) Because she needs professional help.
(d) Because he does not get along well with her.
5. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
(a) That she is a mean person.
(b) That he knows that the man on her sweatshirt is Kurt Cobain.
(c) That she has nice eyes.
(d) That he has a crush on her.
6. How does Marcus react when he sees Ellie at Suzie's New Year's Eve party?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is surprised.
7. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
(a) That he is having a child with his girlfriend.
(b) That he is emigrating.
(c) That he is not Marcus' real father.
(d) That his father had an accident.
8. Why is Will driving around in Chapter 20?
(a) To try and find a gas station.
(b) To pick-up women.
(c) To run errands.
(d) To listen to Nirvana at a loud volume.
9. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) Bullies throw eggs at him.
(b) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
(c) He forgot his homework at school.
(d) He is taunted in gym class.
10. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Fiona has the flu.
(b) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(c) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
(d) The main course gets burned.
11. Who is Ellie?
(a) The school troublemaker.
(b) A teacher's assistant.
(c) Marcus' cousin.
(d) The smartest kid at school.
12. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
(a) About Marcus' childhood.
(b) To stay away from his son.
(c) About her depression.
(d) To be Marcus' father figure.
13. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On Christmas Day.
(b) On his birthday.
(c) On Valentine's Day.
(d) On New Year's Eve.
14. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
(a) She pours a large carton of milk on him.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She hits him with a bat.
(d) She steals his shoes and hat.
15. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) The things they eat.
(b) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(c) His curfew.
(d) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
2. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
3. Who is Lindsey?
4. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
5. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)