|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
(a) He apologizes to Marcus.
(b) He grins slyly when others aren't looking.
(c) He beats his chest with his fist.
(d) He tries to hide in his room.
2. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
(a) She isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
(b) She was making fun of him by telling him a lie.
(c) She was telling him the truth.
(d) She was protecting Marcus.
3. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks it's disgusting.
(b) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(c) She is unfazed.
(d) She thinks its funny.
4. Why does Marcus wait outside the news agent's in Chapter 27?
(a) He has no money to spend.
(b) He is scared of the clerk.
(c) He is meeting someone there.
(d) The clerk does not want too many people in the store.
5. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(b) His curfew.
(c) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
(d) The things they eat.
6. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
7. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
(a) He is delighted.
(b) He is dumbfounded.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is uncomfortable.
8. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At the park.
(b) At the bus stop.
(c) At Marcus' house.
(d) At Will's house.
9. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) That she knows about Fiona's suicide attempt.
(b) That she is moving.
(c) That Marcus is her best friend.
(d) That she likes Marcus.
10. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
(a) They end up in bed together.
(b) They become engaged.
(c) They decide to move in together.
(d) They break-up.
11. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
(b) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(c) The main course gets burned.
(d) Fiona has the flu.
12. What can Will not find a polite way out of in Chapter 22?
(a) His friend's baby shower.
(b) His neighbor's Sunday brunch.
(c) His mother's engagement party.
(d) Marcus' Christmas invitation.
13. Who is Megan?
(a) Will's date.
(b) Clive's girlfriend.
(c) Suzie's daughter.
(d) Marcus' friend.
14. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He yells at his mother.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He runs out of the house.
(d) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
15. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
(a) His schoolbag.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His hat.
(d) His glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
2. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
3. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
4. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
5. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)