|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie make for Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A card.
(c) A shirt with Kurt Cobain's face on it.
(d) An alcoholic drink.
2. Why is Will driving around in Chapter 20?
(a) To listen to Nirvana at a loud volume.
(b) To try and find a gas station.
(c) To run errands.
(d) To pick-up women.
3. During Will's and Fiona's meal in Chapter 32, what does Will realize is the only thing Fiona needs?
(a) A bit of peace and quiet.
(b) A man in her life.
(c) A new job.
(d) Someone to talk to.
4. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) Her mother is in the news.
(b) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
(c) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(d) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
5. Who does Will see when he is driving around in Chapter 20?
6. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At the park.
(b) At Will's house.
(c) At the bus stop.
(d) At Marcus' house.
7. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He yells at his mother.
(b) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He runs out of the house.
8. Why is Marcus forced to tell his mother about his visits to Will's in Chapter 17?
(a) He breaks curfew.
(b) Will has to drive Marcus home when he becomes sick.
(c) He forgets his schoolbag at Will's.
(d) He comes home without shoes.
9. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) If he would make a good father.
(b) If he should get a job.
(c) If he will ever truly be happy.
(d) If he is perhaps finally ready for a commitment.
10. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) He is taunted in gym class.
(b) He forgot his homework at school.
(c) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
(d) Bullies throw eggs at him.
11. Why is Ellie called to the headmistress' office in Chapter 21?
(a) For making a fire in a garbage can.
(b) For cheating on a test.
(c) For punching Marcus.
(d) For wearing Kurt Cobain's sweatshirt.
12. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
(b) A twenty-year old feud.
(c) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
(d) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
13. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To his house.
(b) To school.
(c) To Will's.
(d) To see his father.
14. What does Will tell Rachel in Chapter 28?
(a) The truth of his relationship with Marcus.
(b) That he doesn't want to get married.
(c) That he has decided to move to America.
(d) That he wants to break-up.
15. When does Will fall in love?
(a) On Valentine's Day.
(b) On Christmas Day.
(c) On New Year's Eve.
(d) On his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will realize is the only interesting thing about him?
2. How does Will disappoint Marcus in Chapter 29?
3. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
5. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)