|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Clive?
(a) Marcus' father.
(b) Will's brother.
(c) Fiona's new boyfriend.
(d) Marcus' friend.
2. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To Will's.
(b) To school.
(c) To his house.
(d) To see his father.
3. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
(a) Lindsey forgot a present for Fiona.
(b) A twenty-year old feud.
(c) Fiona taunts Lindsey's outfit.
(d) A fight between Fiona and Clive.
4. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
5. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
(b) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(c) Fiona has the flu.
(d) The main course gets burned.
6. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At Will's house.
(b) At the bus stop.
(c) At the park.
(d) At Marcus' house.
7. What happens between Will and Rachel that he doesn't expect in Chapter 30?
(a) They break-up.
(b) They become engaged.
(c) They end up in bed together.
(d) They decide to move in together.
8. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
9. What does Marcus ask Will about in Chapter 20?
(a) His biology homework.
(c) How to be cool.
(d) The image on Ellie's shirt.
10. Who is Marcus forced to visit with in Chapter 19?
(b) His smelly aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) The headmistress at his school.
11. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) His curfew.
(b) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(c) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
(d) The things they eat.
12. What does Will decide about Christmas in Chapter 18?
(a) It is his favorite holiday of the year.
(b) He will stay in and drink instead of celebrating Christmas.
(c) He will invite Marcus and Fiona over.
(d) He will volunteer with a charity.
13. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Fiona's best friend.
(b) Will's date.
(c) Clive's girlfriend.
(d) Fiona's sister.
14. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
(a) To a club.
(b) To a secret spot where they smoke.
(c) To the ninth year classroom.
(d) To a diner.
15. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
(a) Teach him how to be cool.
(b) Help him improve his grades.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Convince Ellie to be Marcus' girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Will fall in love?
2. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
3. What does Rachel suggest she do in Chapter 30?
4. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
5. Why is Ellie called to the headmistress' office in Chapter 21?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)