|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
(a) The atmosphere at the dinner before and after presents are opened.
(b) Marcus' reaction to Fiona's and Will's gifts.
(c) Fiona's love of Christmas and Will's.
(d) The gifts that Marcus' mother and father give him.
2. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Will's date.
(b) Fiona's sister.
(c) Fiona's best friend.
(d) Clive's girlfriend.
3. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) That she likes Marcus.
(b) That she knows about Fiona's suicide attempt.
(c) That Marcus is her best friend.
(d) That she is moving.
4. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(b) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
(c) Her mother is in the news.
(d) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
5. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
(a) Karl Kobain.
(b) Kev O'Base.
(c) Kirk O'Bane.
(d) Kent Coburn.
6. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
(b) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
(c) His curfew.
(d) The things they eat.
7. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) If he will ever truly be happy.
(b) If he is perhaps finally ready for a commitment.
(c) If he should get a job.
(d) If he would make a good father.
8. What does Ellie do to the bully who steals from Marcus?
(a) She punches him.
(b) She pours a large carton of milk on him.
(c) She hits him with a bat.
(d) She steals his shoes and hat.
9. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
10. During Will's and Fiona's meal in Chapter 32, what does Will realize is the only thing Fiona needs?
(a) A bit of peace and quiet.
(b) A new job.
(c) Someone to talk to.
(d) A man in her life.
11. Who is Ali?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Marcus' neighbor.
(c) Rachel's son.
(d) Marcus' bully.
12. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To his house.
(b) To Will's.
(c) To school.
(d) To see his father.
13. Where does Will meet Fiona in Chapter 32?
(a) At Marcus' school.
(b) At the park.
(c) At Fiona's house.
(d) In a bar.
14. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
(a) Her teacher yells at her.
(b) Her mother leaves home.
(c) Marcus tells her he doesn't want to be friends.
(d) Kurt Cobain's attempted suicide.
15. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
(a) She cheats on a test.
(b) She suggests that Kurt Cobain will try to commit suicide again.
(c) She insults Will.
(d) She laughs at his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Suzie yell at Will in Chapter 23?
2. Who does Will see when he is driving around in Chapter 20?
3. Where does Ellie and Zoe take Marcus in Chapter 21?
4. What does Ellie make for Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. What does Will realize is the only interesting thing about him?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)