|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
(a) He is delighted.
(b) He is dumbfounded.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is uncomfortable.
2. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A pizza parlor.
(b) A 50's-style diner.
(c) A four-star restaurant.
(d) A cafe.
3. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) He forgot his homework at school.
(b) He is taunted in gym class.
(c) Bullies throw eggs at him.
(d) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
4. Who is Ellie?
(a) Marcus' cousin.
(b) The school troublemaker.
(c) The smartest kid at school.
(d) A teacher's assistant.
5. Besides Fiona, who does Will expect to meet in Chapter 32?
6. What does Marcus promise to do for Will in Chapter 26?
(a) Clean his house.
(b) Pretend to be his son.
(c) Keep Fiona away.
(d) Cook for him.
7. Who does Will fall in love with?
8. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
(a) She insults Will.
(b) She cheats on a test.
(c) She suggests that Kurt Cobain will try to commit suicide again.
(d) She laughs at his mother.
9. What does Will realize is the only interesting thing about him?
(b) His past.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His style.
10. Who is Clive?
(a) Will's brother.
(b) Marcus' friend.
(c) Fiona's new boyfriend.
(d) Marcus' father.
11. What makes Ellie and Zoe laugh in Chapter 21?
(a) When Marcus talks about Kurt Cobain.
(b) When Marcus tells Ellie she has nice eyes.
(c) When Marcus trips and then cries.
(d) When Marcus insults Ellie.
12. Why is Marcus forced to tell his mother about his visits to Will's in Chapter 17?
(a) He comes home without shoes.
(b) He breaks curfew.
(c) He forgets his schoolbag at Will's.
(d) Will has to drive Marcus home when he becomes sick.
13. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
(a) The lack of supervision during recess.
(b) The cafeteria lunches.
(c) The stolen sneakers.
(d) Marcus' falling grades.
14. Why does Marcus wait outside the news agent's in Chapter 27?
(a) He has no money to spend.
(b) He is meeting someone there.
(c) The clerk does not want too many people in the store.
(d) He is scared of the clerk.
15. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
(a) Fiona's love of Christmas and Will's.
(b) The gifts that Marcus' mother and father give him.
(c) Marcus' reaction to Fiona's and Will's gifts.
(d) The atmosphere at the dinner before and after presents are opened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
3. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
4. What does Rachel suggest she do in Chapter 30?
5. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)