|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona conclude of Will when they go out for a drink in Chapter 18?
(a) He is a mystery.
(b) He is self-centered.
(c) He is dangerous.
(d) He is charitable.
2. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
(a) Marcus' falling grades.
(b) The lack of supervision during recess.
(c) The stolen sneakers.
(d) The cafeteria lunches.
3. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
(a) Kent Coburn.
(b) Kirk O'Bane.
(c) Kev O'Base.
(d) Karl Kobain.
4. What does Will not know about life?
(a) When it will end.
(b) What the point of it is.
(c) Why he is so bad at it.
(d) What makes a good one.
5. What does Marcus promise to do for Will in Chapter 26?
(a) Keep Fiona away.
(b) Cook for him.
(c) Pretend to be his son.
(d) Clean his house.
6. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
7. Where do Will and Fiona go to eat in Chapter 32?
(a) A four-star restaurant.
(b) A 50's-style diner.
(c) A pizza parlor.
(d) A cafe.
8. What makes Ellie and Zoe laugh in Chapter 21?
(a) When Marcus talks about Kurt Cobain.
(b) When Marcus insults Ellie.
(c) When Marcus trips and then cries.
(d) When Marcus tells Ellie she has nice eyes.
9. What does Marcus tell Ellie in Chapter 21?
(a) That she is a mean person.
(b) That she has nice eyes.
(c) That he knows that the man on her sweatshirt is Kurt Cobain.
(d) That he has a crush on her.
10. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By laughing too much at her jokes.
(b) By crying.
(c) By asking her to dance.
(d) By trying to kiss her.
11. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He yells at his mother.
(b) He runs out of the house.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
12. Who is Lindsey?
(a) Fiona's best friend.
(b) Fiona's sister.
(c) Will's date.
(d) Clive's girlfriend.
13. During Will's and Fiona's meal in Chapter 32, what does Will realize is the only thing Fiona needs?
(a) A bit of peace and quiet.
(b) Someone to talk to.
(c) A man in her life.
(d) A new job.
14. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) His date has stood him up.
(b) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(c) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(d) He is sick for the first time in three years.
15. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
(a) He grins slyly when others aren't looking.
(b) He beats his chest with his fist.
(c) He apologizes to Marcus.
(d) He tries to hide in his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
2. What does Ellie make for Marcus in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
4. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
5. Who is Ellie?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)