|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
(a) Because she needs professional help.
(b) Because he cannot imagine himself trying to tell Fiona the point.
(c) Because he has too many problems of his own to worry about others'.
(d) Because he does not get along well with her.
2. What does Will promise he will do for Marcus in Chapter 26?
(a) Teach him how to be cool.
(b) Help him improve his grades.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Convince Ellie to be Marcus' girlfriend.
3. What does Marcus do at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) He sets a stuffed animal on fire.
(b) He yells at his mother.
(c) He runs out of the house.
(d) He throws up.
4. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By laughing too much at her jokes.
(b) By crying.
(c) By trying to kiss her.
(d) By asking her to dance.
5. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
(a) His schoolbag.
(b) His hat.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His shoes.
6. Who does Will see when he is driving around in Chapter 20?
7. What does Ali do while crying in Chapter 27?
(a) He tries to hide in his room.
(b) He grins slyly when others aren't looking.
(c) He apologizes to Marcus.
(d) He beats his chest with his fist.
8. What does Ellie make for Marcus in Chapter 25?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) An alcoholic drink.
(c) A card.
(d) A shirt with Kurt Cobain's face on it.
9. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(b) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(c) His date has stood him up.
(d) He is sick for the first time in three years.
10. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
(a) His mother's habit of shutting herself in.
(b) His curfew.
(c) The things they eat.
(d) His right to choose to do certain things she does not approve of.
11. What makes Ellie and Zoe laugh in Chapter 21?
(a) When Marcus insults Ellie.
(b) When Marcus trips and then cries.
(c) When Marcus tells Ellie she has nice eyes.
(d) When Marcus talks about Kurt Cobain.
12. What does Megan try to do with her Christmas gift from Marcus?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Share it with Will.
(c) Eat it.
(d) Break it.
13. Why does Will feel guilty in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he did not help Marcus with his mother.
(b) Because he forgot an important event.
(c) Because he cheated on Rachel.
(d) Because he insulted Fiona.
14. What does Will not know about life?
(a) Why he is so bad at it.
(b) What the point of it is.
(c) When it will end.
(d) What makes a good one.
15. What does Fiona begin doing in the mornings again in Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates tension between Fiona and Lindsey in Chapter 23?
2. What does Marcus tell Will about when he gets to his apartment in Chapter 20?
3. What does Will tell Marcus about what Ellie told him in Chapter 20?
4. Who is Ali?
5. What does Fiona tell Marcus about his father in Chapter 31?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)