Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there a marked difference between in Chapter 22?
(a) Marcus' reaction to Fiona's and Will's gifts.
(b) The atmosphere at the dinner before and after presents are opened.
(c) The gifts that Marcus' mother and father give him.
(d) Fiona's love of Christmas and Will's.
2. How does Marcus scare Ellie off in Chapter 25?
(a) By asking her to dance.
(b) By crying.
(c) By trying to kiss her.
(d) By laughing too much at her jokes.
3. What does Fiona tell Will in Chapter 17?
(a) To be Marcus' father figure.
(b) About her depression.
(c) To stay away from his son.
(d) About Marcus' childhood.
4. Where does Will find Marcus at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) At Marcus' house.
(b) At Will's house.
(c) At the bus stop.
(d) At the park.
5. Who does Ellie say is on the front of her sweatshirt when Marcus asks about it?
(a) Kent Coburn.
(b) Kirk O'Bane.
(c) Karl Kobain.
(d) Kev O'Base.
6. What does Will give Marcus for Christmas?
(a) A Nirvana album.
(b) A pair of sneakers.
(c) Namebrand clothes.
(d) A guitar.
7. What does Will not know about life?
(a) Why he is so bad at it.
(b) What makes a good one.
(c) What the point of it is.
(d) When it will end.
8. What does Ellie think of her mother's behavior in Chapter 25?
(a) She thinks it's disgusting.
(b) She is unfazed.
(c) She doesn't mind her mother's antics.
(d) She thinks its funny.
9. Why does Marcus walk out of school in Chapter 19?
(a) He is taunted in gym class.
(b) He forgot his homework at school.
(c) He is mad that the headmistress told him to stay away from bullies.
(d) Bullies throw eggs at him.
10. Why is Will unhappy in Chapter 18?
(a) He has heard his father's song a full five weeks before Christmas.
(b) He is sick for the first time in three years.
(c) Marcus has broken an expensive vase in his home.
(d) His date has stood him up.
11. Why is Will driving around in Chapter 20?
(a) To run errands.
(b) To try and find a gas station.
(c) To listen to Nirvana at a loud volume.
(d) To pick-up women.
12. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from seeing the newspapers in Chapter 31?
(a) There is an article about suicide in Britain in the paper.
(b) Her mother is in the news.
(c) He has written a public confession to Ellie and he desides not to show her.
(d) He doesn't want her to learn about Kurt Cobain's death.
13. Where does Marcus refuse to go in Chapter 31?
(a) To see his father.
(b) To school.
(c) To his house.
(d) To Will's.
14. Why is the Christmas dinner a disaster?
(a) Will and Fiona have a big fight.
(b) Fiona serves a vegetarian loaf.
(c) Fiona has the flu.
(d) The main course gets burned.
15. Who is Clive?
(a) Fiona's new boyfriend.
(b) Marcus' friend.
(c) Will's brother.
(d) Marcus' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will feel he cannot help Fiona?
2. Who is Ali?
3. What does Marcus argue with his mother about in Chapter 17?
4. What makes Ellie cry in Chapter 29?
5. What does Megan try to do with her Christmas gift from Marcus?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)