|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) At Suzie's.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At his house.
(d) At Will's.
2. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
(a) That he is childless.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is a gourmet cook.
(d) That he is a single parent.
3. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) The duck was attacking Will.
(b) the duck attack was a hit and run.
(c) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
(d) Will thew the object at the duck.
4. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A ball.
(c) Some bread.
(d) His shoe.
5. Who does Suzie introduce Will to in Chapter 8?
6. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He skips classes.
(b) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(c) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(d) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
7. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) They already have too many friends.
(b) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
(c) He has a strange odor.
(d) He is mean to them.
8. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
(a) Marcus failed a class.
(b) Fiona has just lost her job.
(c) Fiona has just been dumped.
(d) Marcus is sick.
9. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He should never date single mothers.
(b) Single mothers are the perfect partner for a man afraid of commitment.
(c) He is bored with dating.
(d) He should try to date a married woman.
10. Why aren't the bullies successful in getting Marcus in trouble in Chapter 7?
(a) Marcus is a fast runner.
(b) A passerbyer stops them.
(c) Marcus throws dirt in their faces.
(d) The man at the counter knows Marcus.
11. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She pretends not to hear him.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She weeps uncontrollably.
(d) She ends the relationship first.
12. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Play a board game.
(b) Pray before eating.
(c) Look at an old photo album.
(d) They sing romantic ballads.
13. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
(a) Try to make it look like he stole candy.
(b) Try to trash his house.
(c) Try to throw him in a newly-dug grave.
(d) Try to give him a weggie.
14. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Will's made-up son.
(c) Will's son.
(d) Will's father.
15. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
(a) Making his food.
(b) Calling Fiona to pick him up.
(c) Trying to block him at the door.
(d) Cleaning up for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
2. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
3. What does SPAT stand for?
4. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Marcus want Will to take him and Fiona in Chapter 13?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)