|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will accompany Suzie and Marcus in Chapter 10?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The gym.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) New school supplies.
(b) A baseball glove and ball.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new wardrobe.
3. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
(a) A coolness test in a magazine.
(b) A home pregnancy test.
(c) A driving test.
(d) A breathalyzer test.
4. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Make Will feel guilty.
(b) Convince Will to date Marcus' mother.
(c) Get into Will's apartment.
(d) Recite all the monarchs in British history.
5. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) His gender is far too competitive.
(b) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(c) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(d) He thinks women are amazing parents.
6. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
7. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
(a) An action-adventure.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A family drama.
(d) A mystery.
8. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
(a) A spider.
(b) His mother started crying at breakfast.
(c) A bully lurking outside his house.
(d) Showing his mother his grades.
9. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
10. Who does Suzie introduce Will to in Chapter 8?
11. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) He is mean to them.
(b) They already have too many friends.
(c) He has a strange odor.
(d) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
12. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Making a gourmet dinner.
(b) Catching some sleep.
(c) Making Suzie laugh with his best gag.
(d) Consoling Marcus.
13. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
(a) That Fiona is crazy.
(b) That Fiona is his soulmate.
(c) That Fiona is in love with him.
(d) That Fiona is not his type.
14. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Roger and Will.
(b) Marcus and Fiona.
(c) Will and Marcus.
(d) Will and Fiona.
15. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) Will thew the object at the duck.
(b) the duck attack was a hit and run.
(c) The duck was attacking Will.
(d) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
2. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
4. How old is Ned?
5. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)