|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
2. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's fish platter.
(b) Fiona's apple dish.
(c) Fiona's spinach omelet.
(d) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
3. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
(b) He is mean to them.
(c) He has a strange odor.
(d) They already have too many friends.
4. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Frustrate her.
(b) Distract her.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Make her cry.
5. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) That he is able to fill his days anyway he wants.
(c) That he is attractive to women.
(d) That he is still young.
6. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The `cool kids`.
(b) Boys from the computer club.
(c) A girl in his French class.
(d) The football team.
7. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
(a) That she is dying.
(b) That she is forty-five.
(c) That she is in school.
(d) That she has children.
8. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He chases them away.
(d) He pretends not to see.
9. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) His flat.
(c) A diner.
(d) The pond.
10. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She ends the relationship first.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She pretends not to hear him.
(d) She weeps uncontrollably.
11. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Make Will feel guilty.
(b) Convince Will to date Marcus' mother.
(c) Recite all the monarchs in British history.
(d) Get into Will's apartment.
12. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
(a) The weather.
(b) His normal routine.
(c) His neighborhood.
(d) His friends.
13. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
(a) A coolness test in a magazine.
(b) A home pregnancy test.
(c) A driving test.
(d) A breathalyzer test.
14. What does Will suggest when Marcus tells him about his troubles at school?
(a) He suggests telling the principal.
(b) He suggests changing his appearance.
(c) He suggests writing a letter to the administration.
(d) He suggests ignoring his bullies.
15. What does Marcus try to force Will and Fiona to do over lunch in Chapter 13?
(d) Discuss their futures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
2. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
3. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
4. What does Marcus accuse Will of in Chapter 14?
5. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)