Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The pond.
(c) His flat.
(d) A diner.
3. Who is Roger?
(a) Fiona's most recent boyfriend.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Will's best friend.
(d) Fiona's brother.
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) His mother's suicide note.
(b) A letter from Will.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) A gift for him from his father.
5. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(b) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(c) He skips classes.
(d) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
6. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
(a) That he is a single parent.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is childless.
(d) That he is a gourmet cook.
7. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's fish platter.
(b) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
(c) Fiona's apple dish.
(d) Fiona's spinach omelet.
8. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Inviting Fiona to brunch the following day.
(b) Checking to see that Marcus has done his homework.
(c) Making Fiona some lunch.
(d) Walking Marcus into his house when she drops him off.
9. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
(a) She cuts his hair strangely.
(b) She makes him wear her hand-me-downs.
(c) She doesn't let him listen to music or play video games that the other children like.
(d) She always tells off his bullies.
10. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
11. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
12. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) His gender is far too competitive.
(b) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(c) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(d) He thinks women are amazing parents.
13. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is drunk.
(b) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
(c) Fiona is sleeping.
(d) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
14. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Making small talk with mothers.
(b) Taking care of Ned.
(c) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
(d) Falling asleep.
15. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
(a) Outside his house.
(b) At Church.
(c) The local news agent's store.
(d) In a graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
2. What is Will grateful for at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
4. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
5. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)