|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Frustrate her.
(b) Distract her.
(c) Make her cry.
(d) Make her angry.
2. Where does Will accompany Suzie and Marcus in Chapter 10?
(a) A restaurant.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The gym.
3. What is Will's last name?
4. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) At his house.
(b) At Will's.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) At Suzie's.
5. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A letter from Will.
(c) A gift for him from his father.
(d) His mother's suicide note.
6. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Make Will feel guilty.
(b) Convince Will to date Marcus' mother.
(c) Get into Will's apartment.
(d) Recite all the monarchs in British history.
7. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He has bad work references.
(b) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
(c) He is always late for interviews.
(d) He has no job history.
8. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She weeps uncontrollably.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She ends the relationship first.
(d) She pretends not to hear him.
9. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
(a) She makes him wear her hand-me-downs.
(b) She always tells off his bullies.
(c) She cuts his hair strangely.
(d) She doesn't let him listen to music or play video games that the other children like.
10. What does SPAT stand for?
(a) Sandwiches, Pizza And Tacos.
(b) Single Parents, Alone Together.
(c) Single Parents, Always Tired.
(d) Science Psycology, Abstract Thinking
11. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He should never date single mothers.
(b) He should try to date a married woman.
(c) Single mothers are the perfect partner for a man afraid of commitment.
(d) He is bored with dating.
12. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
(a) He does all his homework.
(b) He hides all the sharp objects.
(c) He cleans the apartment.
(d) He makes her favorite dinner.
13. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Consoling Marcus.
(b) Making Suzie laugh with his best gag.
(c) Catching some sleep.
(d) Making a gourmet dinner.
14. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must not have seen it.
(b) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(c) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(d) He must have been trying to catch it.
15. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) To the shop to run errands.
(b) To Will's house.
(c) On a picnic with Suzie.
(d) A pottery class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What is Will grateful for at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)