|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(b) Never to have a child.
(c) To move to the coast.
(d) To start a family.
2. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) At his house.
(c) At Will's.
(d) At Suzie's.
3. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's apple dish.
(b) Fiona's fish platter.
(c) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
(d) Fiona's spinach omelet.
4. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) A table at the restaurant.
(b) A taxi.
(c) News of how Fiona is doing.
(d) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
5. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(b) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(c) He must have been trying to catch it.
(d) He must not have seen it.
6. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
7. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) His flat.
(b) A diner.
(c) The pond.
8. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
(a) Outside his house.
(b) The local news agent's store.
(c) At Church.
(d) In a graveyard.
9. What does Marcus accuse Will of in Chapter 14?
(a) Breaking his mother's heart.
(b) Lying about Ned.
(c) Stealing his CD player.
(d) Resting on his laurels.
10. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
(a) Boys from the computer club.
(b) The `cool kids`.
(c) The football team.
(d) A girl in his French class.
11. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
(a) So that she can sleep soundly.
(b) So that Marcus can make friends.
(c) So that she might have some time to herself.
(d) So that she can have a gentleman caller over.
12. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
13. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks women are amazing parents.
(b) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(c) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(d) His gender is far too competitive.
14. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Will and Suzie.
(b) Nick and Suzie.
(c) Fiona and her boyfriend.
(d) Will and Fiona.
15. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He should never date single mothers.
(b) He is bored with dating.
(c) He should try to date a married woman.
(d) Single mothers are the perfect partner for a man afraid of commitment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
2. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
3. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
4. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
5. Who is Roger?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)