|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
(a) So he would not be alone if his mother died.
(b) He and his mother are drifting apart.
(c) Because he and his mother have never been closer.
(d) Because the needs of each member often fall to the wayside.
2. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Walking Marcus into his house when she drops him off.
(b) Inviting Fiona to brunch the following day.
(c) Making Fiona some lunch.
(d) Checking to see that Marcus has done his homework.
3. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A gift for him from his father.
(b) A letter from Will.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) His mother's suicide note.
4. What does Will suggest when Marcus tells him about his troubles at school?
(a) He suggests writing a letter to the administration.
(b) He suggests telling the principal.
(c) He suggests changing his appearance.
(d) He suggests ignoring his bullies.
5. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) What it would be like to be Will's biological son.
(b) What it would be like if he weren't there.
(c) What it would be like if Will and Fiona wed.
(d) What it would be like to live with his father.
6. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
7. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
(c) School and Marcus' father.
(d) Fiona and Marcus' wish for a bigger family.
8. Where should Fiona have been instead of at home in Chapter 7?
(a) At work.
(b) Enjoying the outdoors.
(c) Running errands.
(d) Picking Marcus up at school.
9. Who is Roger?
(a) Fiona's brother.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Will's best friend.
(d) Fiona's most recent boyfriend.
10. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
11. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
(a) Try to throw him in a newly-dug grave.
(b) Try to trash his house.
(c) Try to give him a weggie.
(d) Try to make it look like he stole candy.
12. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She pretends not to hear him.
(b) She weeps uncontrollably.
(c) She ends the relationship first.
(d) She giggles.
13. Who does Suzie introduce Will to in Chapter 8?
14. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Make her angry.
(b) Frustrate her.
(c) Make her cry.
(d) Distract her.
15. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) A taxi.
(b) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(c) News of how Fiona is doing.
(d) A table at the restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
2. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
4. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)