|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a group of older kids throw at Marcus in Chapter 16?
(b) Their shoes.
(d) Hard candies.
2. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) In a diner.
(d) At a basketball match.
3. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
(b) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
(c) Fiona is drunk.
(d) Fiona is sleeping.
4. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His favorite music.
(b) His career.
(c) His dying father.
(d) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
5. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
(b) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(c) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(d) Because he likes to eat glue.
6. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
7. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Checking to see that Marcus has done his homework.
(b) Making Fiona some lunch.
(c) Inviting Fiona to brunch the following day.
(d) Walking Marcus into his house when she drops him off.
8. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) On a picnic with Suzie.
(b) A pottery class.
(c) To the shop to run errands.
(d) To Will's house.
9. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
(a) There are embarassing sex scenes.
(b) The movie is boring and predictable.
(c) The main character attempts suicide repeatedly.
(d) The actors can't act.
10. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) the duck attack was a hit and run.
(b) Will thew the object at the duck.
(c) The duck was attacking Will.
(d) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
11. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Roger and Will.
(b) Will and Marcus.
(c) Marcus and Fiona.
(d) Will and Fiona.
12. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) He chases them away.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He pretends not to see.
13. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) A table at the restaurant.
(b) News of how Fiona is doing.
(c) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(d) A taxi.
14. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Several weeks.
15. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Play a board game.
(b) Look at an old photo album.
(c) Pray before eating.
(d) They sing romantic ballads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will accompany Suzie and Marcus in Chapter 10?
2. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
3. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
4. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
5. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)