|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a group of older kids throw at Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) Their shoes.
(d) Hard candies.
2. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) To Will's house.
(b) On a picnic with Suzie.
(c) To the shop to run errands.
(d) A pottery class.
3. Who is Roger?
(a) Will's best friend.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Fiona's brother.
(d) Fiona's most recent boyfriend.
4. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
(b) His favorite music.
(c) His dying father.
(d) His career.
5. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Why he is not a big enough reason for his mother to want to live.
(b) Why she is so forgetful.
(c) Why she lives him so much.
(d) Why she smiles at the strangest moments.
6. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is attractive to women.
(b) That he is able to fill his days anyway he wants.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) That he is still young.
7. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To move to the coast.
(b) To start a family.
(c) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(d) Never to have a child.
8. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) John Grisham.
(b) Douglas Coupland.
(c) David Sedaris.
(d) Nick Hornby.
9. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Single mothers are the perfect partner for a man afraid of commitment.
(b) He is bored with dating.
(c) He should never date single mothers.
(d) He should try to date a married woman.
10. What does Marcus try to force Will and Fiona to do over lunch in Chapter 13?
(c) Discuss their futures.
11. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) His gender is far too competitive.
(b) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(c) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(d) He thinks women are amazing parents.
12. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) At Will's.
(c) At his house.
(d) At Suzie's.
13. Where does Will accompany Suzie and Marcus in Chapter 10?
(a) A restaurant.
(c) The gym.
(d) The hospital.
14. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
(a) In a diner.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a basketball match.
15. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(b) His flat.
(c) A diner.
(d) The pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
2. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
3. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
4. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
5. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)