|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Recite all the monarchs in British history.
(b) Get into Will's apartment.
(c) Make Will feel guilty.
(d) Convince Will to date Marcus' mother.
2. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
(a) His normal routine.
(b) The weather.
(c) His friends.
(d) His neighborhood.
3. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
(a) He does all his homework.
(b) He makes her favorite dinner.
(c) He hides all the sharp objects.
(d) He cleans the apartment.
4. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
(a) He tells her he is busy.
(b) He ignores the message.
(c) He arranges a date.
(d) He calls her back the following day.
5. What does Will suggest when Marcus tells him about his troubles at school?
(a) He suggests telling the principal.
(b) He suggests writing a letter to the administration.
(c) He suggests changing his appearance.
(d) He suggests ignoring his bullies.
6. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
(b) Taking care of Ned.
(c) Making small talk with mothers.
(d) Falling asleep.
7. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(b) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(c) He skips classes.
(d) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
8. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Why she lives him so much.
(b) Why he is not a big enough reason for his mother to want to live.
(c) Why she smiles at the strangest moments.
(d) Why she is so forgetful.
9. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) A table at the restaurant.
(b) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(c) A taxi.
(d) News of how Fiona is doing.
10. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) His mother's suicide note.
(c) A letter from Will.
(d) A gift for him from his father.
11. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) To Will's house.
(b) To the shop to run errands.
(c) A pottery class.
(d) On a picnic with Suzie.
12. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
(a) That Fiona is crazy.
(b) That Fiona is not his type.
(c) That Fiona is in love with him.
(d) That Fiona is his soulmate.
13. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
(b) He is mean to them.
(c) They already have too many friends.
(d) He has a strange odor.
14. How old is Ned?
(a) One year old.
(b) Four years old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Five years old.
15. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
(a) The SPAT picnic.
(b) Babysitting Marcus.
(c) Neighborhood watch.
(d) A date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will never get any job offers?
2. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
3. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
4. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
5. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)