|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) At Suzie's.
(b) At his house.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) At Will's.
2. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
3. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Taking care of Ned.
(b) Making small talk with mothers.
(c) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
(d) Falling asleep.
4. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) To Will's house.
(b) To the shop to run errands.
(c) A pottery class.
(d) On a picnic with Suzie.
5. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His career.
(b) His dying father.
(c) His favorite music.
(d) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
6. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
(a) That she has children.
(b) That she is dying.
(c) That she is in school.
(d) That she is forty-five.
7. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A letter from Will.
(c) A gift for him from his father.
(d) His mother's suicide note.
8. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
(a) There are embarassing sex scenes.
(b) The main character attempts suicide repeatedly.
(c) The movie is boring and predictable.
(d) The actors can't act.
9. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
10. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
11. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
(a) In a graveyard.
(b) Outside his house.
(c) At Church.
(d) The local news agent's store.
12. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) Nick Hornby.
(b) David Sedaris.
(c) Douglas Coupland.
(d) John Grisham.
13. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
(a) Some bread.
(b) A bottle.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A ball.
14. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
(a) He tells her he is busy.
(b) He calls her back the following day.
(c) He ignores the message.
(d) He arranges a date.
15. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
(a) Tie himself down to just one.
(b) Spend longer than one evening with one woman.
(c) Treat them casually.
(d) Lie to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
2. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
3. What does Marcus try to force Will and Fiona to do over lunch in Chapter 13?
4. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
5. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)