|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To move to the coast.
(b) To start a family.
(c) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(d) Never to have a child.
2. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
(a) That he is a single parent.
(b) That he is a gourmet cook.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) That he is childless.
3. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
(a) Try to give him a weggie.
(b) Try to trash his house.
(c) Try to make it look like he stole candy.
(d) Try to throw him in a newly-dug grave.
4. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Why she smiles at the strangest moments.
(b) Why he is not a big enough reason for his mother to want to live.
(c) Why she lives him so much.
(d) Why she is so forgetful.
5. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) News of how Fiona is doing.
(b) A taxi.
(c) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(d) A table at the restaurant.
6. Why aren't the bullies successful in getting Marcus in trouble in Chapter 7?
(a) Marcus throws dirt in their faces.
(b) A passerbyer stops them.
(c) The man at the counter knows Marcus.
(d) Marcus is a fast runner.
7. What does Will dislike?
8. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
(b) Fiona's fish platter.
(c) Fiona's spinach omelet.
(d) Fiona's apple dish.
9. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
(a) One month.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One week.
10. What does Marcus decide of his family?
(a) It is strong.
(b) It should be bigger.
(c) It is big.
(d) It is dysfunctional.
11. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
(a) That she is forty-five.
(b) That she is in school.
(c) That she has children.
(d) That she is dying.
12. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(b) He must not have seen it.
(c) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(d) He must have been trying to catch it.
13. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
14. What does Will buy at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A new television.
(b) An expensive suit.
(c) A car seat.
(d) A backpack for Marcus.
15. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A letter from Will.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) His mother's suicide note.
(d) A gift for him from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
2. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
3. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Who does Suzie introduce Will to in Chapter 8?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)