|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
(a) A date.
(b) The SPAT picnic.
(c) Neighborhood watch.
(d) Babysitting Marcus.
2. What does SPAT stand for?
(a) Single Parents, Alone Together.
(b) Science Psycology, Abstract Thinking
(c) Sandwiches, Pizza And Tacos.
(d) Single Parents, Always Tired.
3. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(b) He must not have seen it.
(c) He must have been trying to catch it.
(d) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
4. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) At Will's.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At his house.
(d) At Suzie's.
5. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Will and Suzie.
(c) Nick and Suzie.
(d) Fiona and her boyfriend.
6. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
7. What is Will grateful for at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) That he can go home and separate himself from the events of the day.
(b) His new friend.
(c) His health.
(d) His outlook on life.
8. What does Marcus not have a solution for in Chapter 5?
(a) How to make his mother feel better.
(b) How to become cool.
(c) How to get better grades.
(d) How to lose weight.
9. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) Watching cartoons.
(b) Sleeping in her coat.
(c) Crying violently.
(d) Eating cookie dough and staring at the wall.
10. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Finishing the film.
(b) Having a drink.
(c) Praying as a family.
11. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
(a) Boys from the computer club.
(b) The `cool kids`.
(c) The football team.
(d) A girl in his French class.
12. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
(b) Fiona is sleeping.
(c) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
(d) Fiona is drunk.
13. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because he likes to eat glue.
(b) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
(c) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(d) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
14. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
(a) The actors can't act.
(b) There are embarassing sex scenes.
(c) The main character attempts suicide repeatedly.
(d) The movie is boring and predictable.
15. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Will and Marcus.
(b) Will and Fiona.
(c) Roger and Will.
(d) Marcus and Fiona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
3. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
4. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Will never get any job offers?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)