|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why aren't the bullies successful in getting Marcus in trouble in Chapter 7?
(a) The man at the counter knows Marcus.
(b) A passerbyer stops them.
(c) Marcus is a fast runner.
(d) Marcus throws dirt in their faces.
2. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
(b) Fiona is sleeping.
(c) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
(d) Fiona is drunk.
3. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
4. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) That he is still young.
(c) That he is able to fill his days anyway he wants.
(d) That he is attractive to women.
5. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) New school supplies.
(d) A baseball glove and ball.
6. What does Marcus not have a solution for in Chapter 5?
(a) How to make his mother feel better.
(b) How to get better grades.
(c) How to lose weight.
(d) How to become cool.
7. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
8. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At the library.
(c) In a diner.
(d) At a basketball match.
9. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
(a) Outside his house.
(b) The local news agent's store.
(c) At Church.
(d) In a graveyard.
10. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His favorite music.
(b) His dying father.
(c) His career.
(d) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
11. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Why she lives him so much.
(b) Why he is not a big enough reason for his mother to want to live.
(c) Why she smiles at the strangest moments.
(d) Why she is so forgetful.
12. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Finishing the film.
(c) Praying as a family.
(d) Having a drink.
13. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) On a picnic with Suzie.
(b) A pottery class.
(c) To the shop to run errands.
(d) To Will's house.
14. Where should Fiona have been instead of at home in Chapter 7?
(a) Enjoying the outdoors.
(b) At work.
(c) Running errands.
(d) Picking Marcus up at school.
15. What is Will's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
3. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
4. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
5. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)