|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She weeps uncontrollably.
(b) She ends the relationship first.
(c) She pretends not to hear him.
(d) She giggles.
2. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Lost three pounds.
(b) Made a friend.
(c) Stepped in gum.
(d) Killed a duck.
3. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
(a) So that she might have some time to herself.
(b) So that she can sleep soundly.
(c) So that Marcus can make friends.
(d) So that she can have a gentleman caller over.
4. What does Marcus decide of his family?
(a) It is big.
(b) It is strong.
(c) It is dysfunctional.
(d) It should be bigger.
5. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
(a) Fiona and Marcus' wish for a bigger family.
(b) School and Marcus' father.
6. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) What it would be like to be Will's biological son.
(b) What it would be like to live with his father.
(c) What it would be like if Will and Fiona wed.
(d) What it would be like if he weren't there.
7. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Marcus' fish and chips.
(c) Marcus going off to college.
(d) Marcus' visits.
8. Why aren't the bullies successful in getting Marcus in trouble in Chapter 7?
(a) Marcus is a fast runner.
(b) Marcus throws dirt in their faces.
(c) The man at the counter knows Marcus.
(d) A passerbyer stops them.
9. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) His mother's suicide note.
(c) A gift for him from his father.
(d) A letter from Will.
10. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) Will thew the object at the duck.
(b) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
(c) The duck was attacking Will.
(d) the duck attack was a hit and run.
11. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
(b) Fiona is drunk.
(c) Fiona is sleeping.
(d) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
12. What does a group of older kids throw at Marcus in Chapter 16?
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Hard candies.
13. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
(a) That she is forty-five.
(b) That she has children.
(c) That she is in school.
(d) That she is dying.
14. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Making Fiona some lunch.
(b) Walking Marcus into his house when she drops him off.
(c) Inviting Fiona to brunch the following day.
(d) Checking to see that Marcus has done his homework.
15. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He is always late for interviews.
(b) He has no job history.
(c) He has bad work references.
(d) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
2. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
4. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
5. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)