|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Making small talk with mothers.
(b) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
(c) Taking care of Ned.
(d) Falling asleep.
2. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's made-up son.
(b) Will's nephew.
(c) Will's son.
(d) Will's father.
3. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
(a) If she would go out with him.
(b) If it would be appropriate to take Marcus out for an afternoon.
(c) If Marcus is adopted.
(d) If she needs him to babysit.
4. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
(a) Marcus failed a class.
(b) Fiona has just been dumped.
(c) Marcus is sick.
(d) Fiona has just lost her job.
5. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
(b) Fiona's fish platter.
(c) Fiona's apple dish.
(d) Fiona's spinach omelet.
6. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
(a) That he is a single parent.
(b) That he is a gourmet cook.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) That he is childless.
7. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(b) He skips classes.
(c) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(d) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
8. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A table at the restaurant.
(d) News of how Fiona is doing.
9. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Play a board game.
(b) They sing romantic ballads.
(c) Look at an old photo album.
(d) Pray before eating.
10. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) Nick Hornby.
(b) John Grisham.
(c) David Sedaris.
(d) Douglas Coupland.
11. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) His flat.
(b) A diner.
(d) The pond.
12. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
13. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) To the shop to run errands.
(b) To Will's house.
(c) A pottery class.
(d) On a picnic with Suzie.
14. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) What it would be like if Will and Fiona wed.
(b) What it would be like if he weren't there.
(c) What it would be like to live with his father.
(d) What it would be like to be Will's biological son.
15. What does Marcus decide of his family?
(a) It is big.
(b) It is strong.
(c) It should be bigger.
(d) It is dysfunctional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
2. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
4. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
5. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)