|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) A table at the restaurant.
(b) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(c) A taxi.
(d) News of how Fiona is doing.
2. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
(a) He is not very smart.
(b) He keeps skipping classes.
(c) He is rude to the teachers.
(d) He is the new kid.
3. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) Never to have a child.
(b) To move to the coast.
(c) To start a family.
(d) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
4. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) They are stolen.
(b) They are confiscated by Fiona.
(c) They are lost.
(d) They break.
5. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
(b) Fiona is sleeping.
(c) Fiona is drunk.
(d) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
6. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(b) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(c) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
(d) Because he likes to eat glue.
7. What is Will's last name?
8. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
(a) Lie to them.
(b) Tie himself down to just one.
(c) Spend longer than one evening with one woman.
(d) Treat them casually.
9. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(b) He skips classes.
(c) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(d) He helps the teachers clean after school.
10. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Making small talk with mothers.
(d) Taking care of Ned.
11. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
(a) He moves the furniture.
(b) He cleans the kitchen.
(c) He watches TV and explores Will's flat.
(d) He throws a tennis ball against a wall.
12. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Look at an old photo album.
(b) Pray before eating.
(c) They sing romantic ballads.
(d) Play a board game.
13. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Will's made-up son.
(c) Will's father.
(d) Will's son.
14. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His favorite music.
(b) His career.
(c) His dying father.
(d) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
15. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) What it would be like if Will and Fiona wed.
(b) What it would be like to be Will's biological son.
(c) What it would be like to live with his father.
(d) What it would be like if he weren't there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
2. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
3. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
4. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
5. What does Will dislike?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)