|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's son.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Will's nephew.
(d) Will's made-up son.
2. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Marcus going off to college.
(c) Marcus' fish and chips.
(d) Marcus' visits.
4. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
(a) His mother started crying at breakfast.
(b) Showing his mother his grades.
(c) A bully lurking outside his house.
(d) A spider.
5. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
(a) That Fiona is in love with him.
(b) That Fiona is not his type.
(c) That Fiona is crazy.
(d) That Fiona is his soulmate.
6. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
(a) He cleans the kitchen.
(b) He watches TV and explores Will's flat.
(c) He moves the furniture.
(d) He throws a tennis ball against a wall.
7. Where does Marcus want Will to take him and Fiona in Chapter 13?
(a) The Olive Garden.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) To buy new clothes.
(d) Planet Hollywood.
8. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) At Will's.
(b) At his house.
(c) At Suzie's.
(d) In a hotel.
9. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Make her angry.
(b) Distract her.
(c) Frustrate her.
(d) Make her cry.
10. What does Will buy at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A backpack for Marcus.
(b) An expensive suit.
(c) A car seat.
(d) A new television.
11. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
(a) So that she can sleep soundly.
(b) So that she can have a gentleman caller over.
(c) So that she might have some time to herself.
(d) So that Marcus can make friends.
12. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) Crying violently.
(b) Sleeping in her coat.
(c) Watching cartoons.
(d) Eating cookie dough and staring at the wall.
13. What does Marcus not have a solution for in Chapter 5?
(a) How to lose weight.
(b) How to make his mother feel better.
(c) How to get better grades.
(d) How to become cool.
14. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(b) He skips classes.
(c) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(d) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
15. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) What it would be like to be Will's biological son.
(b) What it would be like if Will and Fiona wed.
(c) What it would be like to live with his father.
(d) What it would be like if he weren't there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
2. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
3. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
5. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)