|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Praying as a family.
(b) Having a drink.
(c) Finishing the film.
2. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
3. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
(a) Three months.
(b) One week.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) One month.
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A gift for him from his father.
(b) A letter from Will.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) His mother's suicide note.
5. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To start a family.
(b) Never to have a child.
(c) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(d) To move to the coast.
6. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
(a) He is the new kid.
(b) He is not very smart.
(c) He keeps skipping classes.
(d) He is rude to the teachers.
7. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
(a) That she is in school.
(b) That she is dying.
(c) That she has children.
(d) That she is forty-five.
8. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He skips classes.
(b) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(c) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(d) He helps the teachers clean after school.
9. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
10. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) They already have too many friends.
(b) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
(c) He is mean to them.
(d) He has a strange odor.
11. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
12. What does Will buy at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A backpack for Marcus.
(b) A car seat.
(c) A new television.
(d) An expensive suit.
13. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
(a) Some bread.
(b) A ball.
(c) His shoe.
(d) A bottle.
14. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
(a) Lie to them.
(b) Spend longer than one evening with one woman.
(c) Treat them casually.
(d) Tie himself down to just one.
15. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(b) His gender is far too competitive.
(c) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(d) He thinks women are amazing parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
2. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
3. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
4. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
5. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)