|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
(a) Spend longer than one evening with one woman.
(b) Tie himself down to just one.
(c) Treat them casually.
(d) Lie to them.
2. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
(a) He calls her back the following day.
(b) He ignores the message.
(c) He tells her he is busy.
(d) He arranges a date.
3. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) They are stolen.
(b) They break.
(c) They are lost.
(d) They are confiscated by Fiona.
4. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Making Suzie laugh with his best gag.
(b) Consoling Marcus.
(c) Making a gourmet dinner.
(d) Catching some sleep.
5. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Get into Will's apartment.
(b) Recite all the monarchs in British history.
(c) Make Will feel guilty.
(d) Convince Will to date Marcus' mother.
6. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
(b) The duck was attacking Will.
(c) the duck attack was a hit and run.
(d) Will thew the object at the duck.
7. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Distract her.
(b) Make her cry.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Frustrate her.
8. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Why she lives him so much.
(b) Why he is not a big enough reason for his mother to want to live.
(c) Why she smiles at the strangest moments.
(d) Why she is so forgetful.
9. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's spinach omelet.
(b) Fiona's fish platter.
(c) Fiona's apple dish.
(d) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
10. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
(a) He does all his homework.
(b) He makes her favorite dinner.
(c) He hides all the sharp objects.
(d) He cleans the apartment.
11. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
(a) He is not very smart.
(b) He is rude to the teachers.
(c) He keeps skipping classes.
(d) He is the new kid.
12. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
(a) A coolness test in a magazine.
(b) A breathalyzer test.
(c) A home pregnancy test.
(d) A driving test.
13. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Making small talk with mothers.
(c) Taking care of Ned.
(d) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
14. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
15. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is drunk.
(b) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
(c) Fiona is sleeping.
(d) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
2. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
4. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
5. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)