|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus accuse Will of in Chapter 14?
(a) Lying about Ned.
(b) Stealing his CD player.
(c) Resting on his laurels.
(d) Breaking his mother's heart.
2. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
(b) Fiona's apple dish.
(c) Fiona's fish platter.
(d) Fiona's spinach omelet.
3. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
(a) Try to make it look like he stole candy.
(b) Try to throw him in a newly-dug grave.
(c) Try to give him a weggie.
(d) Try to trash his house.
4. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) David Sedaris.
(b) Nick Hornby.
(c) John Grisham.
(d) Douglas Coupland.
5. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(b) He skips classes.
(c) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(d) He helps the teachers clean after school.
6. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) They are confiscated by Fiona.
(b) They are lost.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) They break.
7. Where does Will accompany Suzie and Marcus in Chapter 10?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A restaurant.
(d) The gym.
8. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Make her cry.
(b) Make her angry.
(c) Frustrate her.
(d) Distract her.
9. Who is Roger?
(a) Will's best friend.
(b) Fiona's most recent boyfriend.
(c) Fiona's brother.
(d) Will's father.
10. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
(a) That Fiona is his soulmate.
(b) That Fiona is not his type.
(c) That Fiona is crazy.
(d) That Fiona is in love with him.
11. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
(a) Trying to block him at the door.
(b) Making his food.
(c) Calling Fiona to pick him up.
(d) Cleaning up for him.
12. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
(a) His normal routine.
(b) His neighborhood.
(c) The weather.
(d) His friends.
13. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) Crying violently.
(b) Eating cookie dough and staring at the wall.
(c) Watching cartoons.
(d) Sleeping in her coat.
14. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He pretends not to see.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He chases them away.
15. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
(a) So that she can sleep soundly.
(b) So that Marcus can make friends.
(c) So that she might have some time to herself.
(d) So that she can have a gentleman caller over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
2. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
3. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
4. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)