|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) He pretends not to see.
(b) He chases them away.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He calls the police.
2. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
3. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) Nick Hornby.
(b) John Grisham.
(c) David Sedaris.
(d) Douglas Coupland.
4. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) A pottery class.
(b) To the shop to run errands.
(c) On a picnic with Suzie.
(d) To Will's house.
5. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
(a) Trying to block him at the door.
(b) Making his food.
(c) Calling Fiona to pick him up.
(d) Cleaning up for him.
6. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) What it would be like to live with his father.
(b) What it would be like to be Will's biological son.
(c) What it would be like if Will and Fiona wed.
(d) What it would be like if he weren't there.
7. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) Crying violently.
(b) Sleeping in her coat.
(c) Watching cartoons.
(d) Eating cookie dough and staring at the wall.
8. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is sleeping.
(b) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
(c) Fiona is drunk.
(d) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
9. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
(a) Fiona's fish platter.
(b) Fiona's apple dish.
(c) Fiona's vegetarian meal.
(d) Fiona's spinach omelet.
10. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Making small talk with mothers.
(c) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
(d) Taking care of Ned.
11. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because he likes to eat glue.
(b) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(c) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(d) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
12. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
13. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(b) His gender is far too competitive.
(c) He thinks women are amazing parents.
(d) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
14. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Marcus and Fiona.
(c) Will and Marcus.
(d) Roger and Will.
15. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
2. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
4. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
5. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)