|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does SPAT stand for?
(a) Single Parents, Always Tired.
(b) Sandwiches, Pizza And Tacos.
(c) Science Psycology, Abstract Thinking
(d) Single Parents, Alone Together.
2. How old is Ned?
(a) One year old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) Four years old.
(d) Five years old.
3. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
(a) She cuts his hair strangely.
(b) She doesn't let him listen to music or play video games that the other children like.
(c) She makes him wear her hand-me-downs.
(d) She always tells off his bullies.
4. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Play a board game.
(b) Look at an old photo album.
(c) They sing romantic ballads.
(d) Pray before eating.
5. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
6. What does Will suggest when Marcus tells him about his troubles at school?
(a) He suggests changing his appearance.
(b) He suggests ignoring his bullies.
(c) He suggests telling the principal.
(d) He suggests writing a letter to the administration.
7. What does Will buy at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A car seat.
(b) An expensive suit.
(c) A backpack for Marcus.
(d) A new television.
8. What does Marcus try to force Will and Fiona to do over lunch in Chapter 13?
(c) Discuss their futures.
9. What does a group of older kids throw at Marcus in Chapter 16?
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Hard candies.
10. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
11. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Will's son.
(c) Will's father.
(d) Will's made-up son.
12. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must not have seen it.
(b) He must have been trying to catch it.
(c) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(d) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
13. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) Will thew the object at the duck.
(b) the duck attack was a hit and run.
(c) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
(d) The duck was attacking Will.
14. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A baseball glove and ball.
(c) New school supplies.
(d) A new wardrobe.
15. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Will and Suzie.
(c) Nick and Suzie.
(d) Fiona and her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
2. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
3. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
4. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
5. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)