|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus manage to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Make Will feel guilty.
(b) Convince Will to date Marcus' mother.
(c) Recite all the monarchs in British history.
(d) Get into Will's apartment.
2. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
(a) At his house.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At Suzie's.
(d) At Will's.
3. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
(a) Boys from the computer club.
(b) A girl in his French class.
(c) The `cool kids`.
(d) The football team.
4. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(b) He must have been trying to catch it.
(c) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(d) He must not have seen it.
5. How old is Ned?
(a) One year old.
(b) Four years old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Five years old.
6. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
(a) Some bread.
(b) A ball.
(c) A bottle.
(d) His shoe.
7. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Will's son.
(c) Will's father.
(d) Will's made-up son.
8. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(b) He thinks women are amazing parents.
(c) His gender is far too competitive.
(d) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
9. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
(a) He makes her favorite dinner.
(b) He cleans the apartment.
(c) He hides all the sharp objects.
(d) He does all his homework.
10. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He has no job history.
(b) He has bad work references.
(c) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
(d) He is always late for interviews.
11. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Look at an old photo album.
(b) Play a board game.
(c) Pray before eating.
(d) They sing romantic ballads.
12. What is Will's last name?
13. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(b) He skips classes.
(c) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(d) He helps the teachers clean after school.
14. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
(a) A family drama.
(b) An action-adventure.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A mystery.
15. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(b) To move to the coast.
(c) Never to have a child.
(d) To start a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
2. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
3. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
4. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
5. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)