|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
(a) Marcus failed a class.
(b) Marcus is sick.
(c) Fiona has just lost her job.
(d) Fiona has just been dumped.
2. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
(a) Because he and his mother have never been closer.
(b) Because the needs of each member often fall to the wayside.
(c) So he would not be alone if his mother died.
(d) He and his mother are drifting apart.
3. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He has no job history.
(b) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
(c) He is always late for interviews.
(d) He has bad work references.
4. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) David Sedaris.
(b) Douglas Coupland.
(c) John Grisham.
(d) Nick Hornby.
5. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A family drama.
(c) An action-adventure.
(d) A comedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
2. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
3. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
4. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
5. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)