|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
(a) He is the new kid.
(b) He is not very smart.
(c) He is rude to the teachers.
(d) He keeps skipping classes.
2. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) A pottery class.
(b) To the shop to run errands.
(c) To Will's house.
(d) On a picnic with Suzie.
3. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
(a) Because he and his mother have never been closer.
(b) Because the needs of each member often fall to the wayside.
(c) He and his mother are drifting apart.
(d) So he would not be alone if his mother died.
4. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is attractive to women.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is still young.
(d) That he is able to fill his days anyway he wants.
5. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
(a) Try to trash his house.
(b) Try to throw him in a newly-dug grave.
(c) Try to give him a weggie.
(d) Try to make it look like he stole candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
2. What does SPAT stand for?
3. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
4. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
5. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)