|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
(a) He keeps skipping classes.
(b) He is rude to the teachers.
(c) He is the new kid.
(d) He is not very smart.
2. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Frustrate her.
(b) Make her cry.
(c) Distract her.
(d) Make her angry.
3. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
(a) A home pregnancy test.
(b) A coolness test in a magazine.
(c) A driving test.
(d) A breathalyzer test.
4. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(b) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(c) His gender is far too competitive.
(d) He thinks women are amazing parents.
5. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She ends the relationship first.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She weeps uncontrollably.
(d) She pretends not to hear him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
2. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
5. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)