|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
(a) She always tells off his bullies.
(b) She doesn't let him listen to music or play video games that the other children like.
(c) She makes him wear her hand-me-downs.
(d) She cuts his hair strangely.
2. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(b) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(c) He skips classes.
(d) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
3. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She ends the relationship first.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She pretends not to hear him.
(d) She weeps uncontrollably.
4. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
(a) A home pregnancy test.
(b) A driving test.
(c) A breathalyzer test.
(d) A coolness test in a magazine.
5. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
(a) The SPAT picnic.
(b) A date.
(c) Babysitting Marcus.
(d) Neighborhood watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
2. How does Will get by if he doesn't work?
3. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
4. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
5. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)