|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will get by if he doesn't work?
(a) He lives off alimony checks from his successful ex-wife.
(b) He still lives with his parents.
(c) He sponges off his older sister.
(d) He uses the royalty checks from a song his father wrote.
2. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
(a) So that she can have a gentleman caller over.
(b) So that Marcus can make friends.
(c) So that she might have some time to herself.
(d) So that she can sleep soundly.
3. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
(a) The SPAT picnic.
(b) Babysitting Marcus.
(c) Neighborhood watch.
(d) A date.
4. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
(a) A bully lurking outside his house.
(b) Showing his mother his grades.
(c) His mother started crying at breakfast.
(d) A spider.
5. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
(a) She always tells off his bullies.
(b) She cuts his hair strangely.
(c) She doesn't let him listen to music or play video games that the other children like.
(d) She makes him wear her hand-me-downs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
2. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
3. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
4. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)