|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Roger and Will.
(b) Marcus and Fiona.
(c) Will and Marcus.
(d) Will and Fiona.
2. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The football team.
(b) The `cool kids`.
(c) Boys from the computer club.
(d) A girl in his French class.
3. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
(a) That he is childless.
(b) That he is a gourmet cook.
(c) That he is a single parent.
(d) That he is rich.
4. What does Will have trouble doing in Chapter 6?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Taking care of Ned.
(c) Making small talk with mothers.
(d) Keeping track of the details of Ned's life.
5. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To move to the coast.
(b) To start a family.
(c) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(d) Never to have a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does SPAT stand for?
2. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
3. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)