|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's son.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Will's made-up son.
(d) Will's nephew.
2. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because he likes to eat glue.
(b) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(c) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(d) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
3. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
(a) Because he and his mother have never been closer.
(b) So he would not be alone if his mother died.
(c) Because the needs of each member often fall to the wayside.
(d) He and his mother are drifting apart.
4. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
(a) Sleeping in her coat.
(b) Eating cookie dough and staring at the wall.
(c) Crying violently.
(d) Watching cartoons.
5. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Frustrate her.
(b) Distract her.
(c) Make her cry.
(d) Make her angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
2. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
3. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Will never get any job offers?
5. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)