|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
(a) Fiona is drunk.
(b) Fiona is sleeping.
(c) Fiona is entertaining a gentleman.
(d) Fiona has overdosed on pills.
2. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
(a) He hides all the sharp objects.
(b) He makes her favorite dinner.
(c) He does all his homework.
(d) He cleans the apartment.
3. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
(b) Having a drink.
(c) Praying as a family.
(d) Finishing the film.
4. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) They already have too many friends.
(b) He has a strange odor.
(c) He is mean to them.
(d) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
5. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because he likes to eat glue.
(b) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(c) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(d) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
3. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
4. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
5. Who is Ned?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)