|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(b) He must not have seen it.
(c) He must have been trying to catch it.
(d) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
2. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) Will thew the object at the duck.
(b) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
(c) The duck was attacking Will.
(d) the duck attack was a hit and run.
3. What does Will decide when he visits an old friend in Chapter 2?
(a) To propose to his highschool sweetheart.
(b) To start a family.
(c) Never to have a child.
(d) To move to the coast.
4. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Marcus and Fiona.
(b) Roger and Will.
(c) Will and Fiona.
(d) Will and Marcus.
5. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
2. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
5. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)