|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
(b) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(c) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(d) He skips classes.
2. Why does Will almost wish he weren't a man in Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks women are amazing parents.
(b) He hears horror stories about men who have lied, cheated and abandoned their families.
(c) Women don't have to do the wooing in romantic relationships.
(d) His gender is far too competitive.
3. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
(b) He has no job history.
(c) He is always late for interviews.
(d) He has bad work references.
4. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) Nick Hornby.
(b) David Sedaris.
(c) John Grisham.
(d) Douglas Coupland.
5. Why is Marcus having trouble at school in Chapter 3?
(a) He is not very smart.
(b) He is the new kid.
(c) He keeps skipping classes.
(d) He is rude to the teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
3. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
4. What is Fiona doing when Marcus returns home in Chapter 7?
5. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)