|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
(b) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(c) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(d) Because he likes to eat glue.
2. What does Marcus do in anticipation of his mother's homecoming?
(a) He makes her favorite dinner.
(b) He does all his homework.
(c) He hides all the sharp objects.
(d) He cleans the apartment.
3. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
(a) Why he is not a big enough reason for his mother to want to live.
(b) Why she is so forgetful.
(c) Why she lives him so much.
(d) Why she smiles at the strangest moments.
4. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
(a) the duck attack was a hit and run.
(b) Will thew the object at the duck.
(c) Marcus was trying to keep Suzie's daughter from seeing the dead duck.
(d) The duck was attacking Will.
5. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
(a) The main character attempts suicide repeatedly.
(b) The actors can't act.
(c) The movie is boring and predictable.
(d) There are embarassing sex scenes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
2. What does Will dislike?
3. Why aren't the bullies successful in getting Marcus in trouble in Chapter 7?
4. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
5. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)