|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ged say he defeated the Shadow?
(a) He said its name
(b) He exposed it to fire.
(c) He called to the gods for help
(d) He cast a spell to send it back from where it came
2. Where does Vetch find Ged after he has fought the shadow?
(a) Suspended from a tree
(b) On the beach
(c) In a cave
(d) In the ocean
3. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
(b) A storm
(c) A cave
(d) Unchartered waters
4. Who is listening to their conversation?
(a) Lord Benderesk
(c) Master Changer
(d) Master Weaver
5. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Ged from drowning?
2. What does Ged feel from the stone?
3. What has Ged developed?
4. What does Ged offer to be in order to get on board a ship to the Court of Terrenor?
5. Who shows Ged the way to the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it say about Vetch and Ged's friendship that Ged is drawn to the village even before he meets his friend?
2. What does Ged learn from his confrontation with Skiorh?
3. Why do you think chasing the shadow takes away some of its power?
4. How does Ged's meeting with Serret show a coming of age?
5. At what point in this chapter does Ged show his increasing maturity?
6. How is it important to the story that Ged's mother died during his early childhood?
7. How does Ged's reaction to the town's celebration show a change in his character?
8. What do the sightings of a man looking like Ged say about the Shadow?
9. How does Ged realize the Shadow's name?
10. Why is it significant Ged goes back to see his original teacher?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)