|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
(a) Where Ged met her brother
(b) If Ged is single
(c) Why he is being followed by a shadow
2. What do Ged and Vetch teach the islanders on Atowell?
(b) Songs of Lore
(c) Ancient recipies
(d) Ancient writings
3. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
(a) The islanders keep telling him they've seen his double
(b) He can sense the Shadow
(c) He can tell from his map
(d) He is heading towards stormy weather
4. Towards what island does Ged sail?
5. On what island is the Orrimy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Ged find sitting in the shack
2. How does Ged reward the man for giving him the boat?
3. Who goads Ged about his skills as a wizard?
4. How does Skiorh vanish Ged's powers?
5. What is Ged reluctant to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Ged is initially reluctant to allow his friend to come with him?
2. Why do you think Ged decides magic is not everything?
3. Why is it important that the reader does not know the victor of the fight until Vetch asks him?
4. What does it say about Vetch and Ged's friendship that Ged is drawn to the village even before he meets his friend?
5. How is the couple's refusal to leave the island comparative to Ged's need to move on?
6. In what way does Ged show he is still not mature enough to defeat the Shadow?
7. How does Ged realize the Shadow's name?
8. Why is it significant Ged goes back to see his original teacher?
9. What do the sightings of a man looking like Ged say about the Shadow?
10. What does it symbolize that Ged cannot get back to Roke?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)