|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Western Hands
(b) Northern Hands
(c) Southern Hands
(d) Eastern Hands
2. What is the first thing Ged does when he reaches the shack?
(a) Talks to the couple
(b) Warms himself by the fire
(c) Eats some food
(d) Has a drink
3. What does Ogion give to Ged?
(a) A sword
(b) His spell books
(c) A dagger
(d) A staff
4. How does Ged get food from villagers when he travels in search of the shadow?
(a) He threatens them at gun point
(b) He begs on the street
(c) He sneaks into their houses at night
(d) He does good deeds
5. What has Ged developed?
(a) A beak
(b) Hawk mannerisms
(c) Talons instead of hands
(d) His wizard skills
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ged see on the island?
2. What has Ged lost?
3. Who does Ged say won the fight?
4. To where does Ged find a ship to sail?
5. What does one village tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ged seek security at Roke and not in his hometown in Gont?
2. Why is it significant Ged goes back to see his original teacher?
3. Why do you think Ged decides magic is not everything?
4. Why do you think the Shadow runs away after Ged tries to grab it?
5. What does it say about Vetch and Ged's friendship that Ged is drawn to the village even before he meets his friend?
6. What do you think Otak's death symbolizes?
7. Why is it significant that Ged and Vetch travel through uncharted seas?
8. How is it important to the story that Ged's mother died during his early childhood?
9. What is significant about the reintroduction of Vetch?
10. Has Ged completed a full circle of his life?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)