|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman say Ged is?
(b) The spirit world
(c) The Court of Terrenor
2. To what part of Iffish does Ged go?
3. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Western Hands
(b) Northern Hands
(c) Southern Hands
(d) Eastern Hands
4. Where does Vetch find Ged after he has fought the shadow?
(a) Suspended from a tree
(b) In the ocean
(c) On the beach
(d) In a cave
5. About whom does Ged constantly ask?
(a) Master Namer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ogion advise Ged to do?
2. What does the shadow feel like when Ged grabs him?
3. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
4. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
5. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sightings of a man looking like Ged say about the Shadow?
2. How does Ged's meeting with Serret show a coming of age?
3. How does Ged realize the Shadow's name?
4. Why do you think the Shadow runs away after Ged tries to grab it?
5. At what point in this chapter does Ged show his increasing maturity?
6. What does Vetch's comment that he was there in beginning so he should be there in the end, mean in context of the story?
7. What does it show that Ged respects the couple's decision to stay on the island?
8. How is it important to the story that Ged's mother died during his early childhood?
9. Why does Pechvarry act so negatively towards Ged?
10. Why do you think Ged is initially reluctant to allow his friend to come with him?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)