|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ged say won the fight?
(a) The Shadow
(c) Ged did
(d) Neither of them
2. What does one village tell him?
(a) That he will soon die
(b) That they have seen him walking on water
(c) That they know his real name
(d) That he is evil
3. Why does the old man startle Ged?
(a) He has a snake tongue
(b) He has no face
(c) He knows a lot about Ged
(d) He threatens Ged with a dagger
4. Towards what island does Ged sail?
5. How does Ged get food from villagers when he travels in search of the shadow?
(a) He threatens them at gun point
(b) He begs on the street
(c) He sneaks into their houses at night
(d) He does good deeds
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ged help the villagers?
2. On which island does Ged stop next?
3. What does Serrett say will happen if Ged asks the stone a question?
4. to where does Ged sail?
5. Why is Ged nervous about entering the inlet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ged realize the Shadow's name?
2. How does Ged know he is going in the right direction?
3. How does Ged's meeting with Serret show a coming of age?
4. Why do you think Ged is initially reluctant to allow his friend to come with him?
5. In what way does Ged show he is still not mature enough to defeat the Shadow?
6. Why is it significant that Ged and Vetch travel through uncharted seas?
7. Why is it important that the reader does not know the victor of the fight until Vetch asks him?
8. What do the sightings of a man looking like Ged say about the Shadow?
9. Why does LeGuin change the point of view from Ged to Ogion?
10. Why does Pechvarry act so negatively towards Ged?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)