|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final island Ged and Vetch visit?
2. How does Ged try to get past the storm?
(a) With spells
(b) Taking one of the ship's safety boats
(c) Taking a longer route
3. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
4. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
(a) He was going to kill the dragon himself
(b) He has not not given Pechvarry any attention since killing the dragon.
(c) Because he killed the dragon, but could not save his son
(d) He did not think the dragon was a threat
5. What does one village tell him?
(a) That he is evil
(b) That they know his real name
(c) That he will soon die
(d) That they have seen him walking on water
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ogion doing when Ged lands on his arm?
2. Why does Ged tell Vetch to row?
3. What does Ged call his new boat?
4. What does Ged feel from the stone?
5. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important that the reader does not know the victor of the fight until Vetch asks him?
2. Do you think Ged achieves everything in his life he wanted to do?
3. What does Vetch's comment that he was there in beginning so he should be there in the end, mean in context of the story?
4. Why does Ged seek security at Roke and not in his hometown in Gont?
5. Is it significant that Ged turns into a hawk?
6. Why do you think Ged decides magic is not everything?
7. What do the sightings of a man looking like Ged say about the Shadow?
8. In what way does Ged show he is still not mature enough to defeat the Shadow?
9. What does Ged learn from his confrontation with Skiorh?
10. Why does Pechvarry act so negatively towards Ged?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)