|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hardic have his roots?
(a) Roman philosophy
(b) British Science
(c) Ancient speech
(d) Greek philosophy
2. What kind of job does Pechvarry have?
(b) Rod maker
(c) Boat builder
3. What does Ged do in the spring?
(a) Goes back home
(b) Visits the head wizard
(c) Collect herbs
4. What book does Ged look through for a spell?
(a) Readers Digest
(b) The Wizardry book
(c) The top ten spells of Gont
5. Which Master finally agrees to teach Ged the Higher Arts?
(a) Master Namer
(b) Master Weaver
(c) Master Changer
(d) Master Patterner
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of the year does Ged stay with Master Namer?
2. Why does Ged run back home?
3. What does Ogion do when he enters the room?
4. What does Ged do when Pechvarry's son dies?
5. With whom do Jasper and Vetch now have to train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs of maturity does Ged show against the dragon?
2. What does Le Guin show about Ged's character when he is looking for the school?
3. What does the death of Pechvarry's child represent to Ged?
4. Why do you think Ged opts to take a position in Gorning?
5. What do you think Ged could learn with Ogion that he could not learn at a wizard school?
6. Why do you think it is important for Ged to have a nemesis like Jasper?
7. Why do you think Jasper is so cruel to Ged?
8. Why is it significant that Vetch tells Ged his real name?
9. What does Ged running away from the Shadow symbolize?
10. Why do you think Ged is so enthusiastic about going to Wizard School?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)