|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Ged meet on his way back from Master Namer's?
2. What happens when Ged says the spell?
(a) The doors of the house fly off their hinges.
(b) He turns into an adult wizard
(c) The room falls cold and sinister
(d) He falls into a coma
3. What is the name of the ship in which Ged travels to Roke?
(a) The Shady One
(b) The Darkness
(c) The Black Stallion
(d) The Shadow
4. What does Master Namer teach him?
(a) Ancient names
(b) Ancient spells
(c) Ancient history
(d) The etiquette of a wizard
5. What does Ged tell the girl he can do?
(a) Talk to animals
(b) Make girls fall in love with him.
(c) Turn people into animals
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ogion say Ged has to learn the language?
2. By what other name is an Otak known as?
3. Where does the tribe attack begin?
4. How does Ged open the door to the wizard school?
5. Why does Ged refuse to show the boys any of his spells?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Jasper is so cruel to Ged?
2. Why do you think Ged opts to take a position in Gorning?
3. Describe Duny's life on Gont?
4. What signs of maturity does Ged show against the dragon?
5. How is pride proving Ged's biggest obstacle?
6. What part has tradition, ancient artifacts, and ancient languages played in the story so far?
7. What does the death of Pechvarry's child represent to Ged?
8. Why does Le Guin present a wizard's name as so important?
9. What do you think the differences are between a town witch and a wizard?
10. Why is it important Ged has a good friend like Vetch?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)