|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Price say Diana Betz came to see him for?
2. What did Price decide to do?
3. What was the result of the thing Dan convinced Price to do?
4. How does Price say his condition changed after Christmas 1985?
5. Who did Price see in Atlanta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Price's first trip after physical therapy.
2. How does Price say he thought about his future?
3. What was Price's prognosis after falling from his wheelchair?
4. What did biofeedback entail for Price?
5. What was the new demon Price experienced after his second surgery?
6. What advice does Price offer to doctors?
7. Describe the story Price told when he was commissioned by Hendrix College.
8. What benefit did Price derive from his hypnosis?
9. Describe Price's second surgery.
10. Describe Price's experience with hypnosis as a treatment.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Price's dream of Jesus in Lake Kinnareth? How does Price use this image and the stories that are related to it in his own account? What resonance does the image of Jesus at Lake Kinnareth, and the Bible stories associated with that lake, have with the events Price describes in Whole New Life?
Essay Topic 2
How does Price's career interact with his illness? Does he benefit by it in his writing? What allows Price to put his experiences to use, and what kinds of experiences remain beyond him as a writer? As a man? Using examples from the text, describe the effect of Price's illness on his writing, and vice versa.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)