|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Price say he began to do more often?
2. How many days a week was Price getting radiation?
3. What is Dr. Simonton's field?
4. What is Marcia Bennett's relation with Reynolds Price?
5. Which condition is NOT emblematic of Cushing's disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Price's stay with Marcia Bennett.
2. What does Price say was most difficult about the early weeks of radiation therapy?
3. What effect did radiation therapy have on Price's body?
4. What does Price say he learned about his tumor?
5. What resources did Price call on for help with his condition?
6. Describe Price's condition when he emerged from surgery.
7. How did Price's health change after the first surgery?
8. What does Price say he did to make his condition more bearable?
9. What did Price's doctors recommend for the next step after surgery?
10. What was "The Eel"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Price says that he considers his old self dead. In what way is "A Whole New Life" a ritual of renewal, or a ceremony of rebirth? In what ways is Price reborn, and how does the image of his rebirth resonate with other of his experiences? Using examples from the text, describe the significance of Price's rebirth in "A Whole New Life".
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend "A Whole New Life"? For what purposes would you recommend "A Whole New Life", and what kinds of readers would you recommend it for? What other book would you recommend that would cover the same material or tell the same story in a different way?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)