|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Price visit after David Lang became his assistant?
(a) New York.
2. What kind of program does Price say he entered after biofeedback?
(b) Physical therapy.
(d) Spiritual counseling.
3. What does Price say his health was doing while he was writing the commissioned work?
(b) Oscillating wildly.
(c) Remaining steady.
4. What does Price say made physical therapy bearable?
(a) The other patients.
(b) The physical progress.
(c) The drugs he took for pain.
(d) The process of learning new skills.
5. How does Price characterize his relationship with his students?
(a) Only a rare few of them warranted his respect.
(b) They inspired each other.
(c) They did not understand each other.
(d) Only a few of them respected him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strength does Price say he gained as a result of physical therapy?
2. What was the result of the surgery Price had in the fall?
3. How did Reynolds Price injure himself?
4. How long after biofeedback and hypnosis was Price pain-free?
5. What did Dan convince Price to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Price's condition change after Christmas 1985?
2. What kinds of pain led Dr. Friedman to recommend biofeedback for Price?
3. What did Daniel Voll do for Reynolds Price?
4. How did Price's community react to his being housebound?
5. How was Price managing the pain, when he returned to live at home?
6. Describe Price's experience with hypnosis as a treatment.
7. How does Price say Daniel Voll helped him when he was having a hard time accepting his condition?
8. What benefit did Price derive from his hypnosis?
9. What do Jeff and Lettie Anderson offer Price?
10. What does Price say about the pain he felt after falling from his wheelchair?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)