|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MRIs indicate about Price's tumor, in 1987?
(a) No growth.
(b) Reduction in size.
(c) Aggressive growth.
(d) Decay of the vertebrae around it.
2. Who is Daniel Voll?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A Duke grad student.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A physician.
3. How does Price describe his mobility while writing Kate Vaiden?
(a) Completely housebound.
(b) Limited mobility.
(c) Nearly housebound.
(d) A good deal of freedom of mobility.
4. What happened to the offer the Andersons made?
(a) Someone else came through with a better offer for him.
(b) They paid his bills down to the point where he wasn't terrified all the time.
(c) They started construction, but then had a falling out.
(d) The plan did not work out.
5. What did Reynolds Price find when he finally went to the hospital?
(a) His immune system was malfunctioning.
(b) He had become diabetic.
(c) He had damaged his vertebrae.
(d) He had injured his nerves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Price characterize his relationship with his students?
2. What was Dan's role in maintaining Price's balance of mind?
3. What kind of program does Price say he entered after biofeedback?
4. What was the 'new demon' Price encountered after surgery?
5. What does Price say he was taking for pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Price say he thought about his future?
2. Describe Price's reunion with Daniel Voll.
3. Describe Price's first trip after physical therapy.
4. What do Jeff and Lettie Anderson offer Price?
5. Describe Price's second surgery.
6. What benefit did Price derive from his hypnosis?
7. Describe Price's withdrawal from methodone.
8. What was the new demon Price experienced after his second surgery?
9. What advice does Price offer to doctors?
10. What was Price's prognosis after falling from his wheelchair?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)