|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dan's role in maintaining Price's balance of mind?
(a) Nourishing his spirit with food, music and literature.
(b) Chastizing his self-pity.
(c) Talking him down from the proverbial ledge.
(d) Encouraging him to remain faithful.
2. Where did Reynolds Price and Daniel Voll travel to together?
(a) To Washington D.C. for a literary award ceremony.
(b) To Arkansas for rehearsals.
(c) To New York for experimental treatments.
(d) To California to visit his family.
3. How long after biofeedback and hypnosis was Price pain-free?
(a) Eight visits.
(b) A year.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Eight months.
4. What strength does Price say he gained as a result of physical therapy?
(a) Abdominal muscle strength.
(b) Upper body strength.
(c) Strength of character.
(d) Back muscle strength.
5. What was Dr. Shuping's prognosis?
(a) That surgery might help him.
(b) That he might eventually get some relief from pain.
(c) That Price's outlook for walking was not good.
(d) That he would likely be paralyzed permanently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Price become aware of after biofeedback?
2. What did Price's doctor recommend?
3. Where does Dan establish himself?
4. Who did Price see in Atlanta?
5. What does Price say Daniel Voll would do 'happily' for him and his visitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did biofeedback entail for Price?
2. What was the new demon Price experienced after his second surgery?
3. Describe Price's second surgery.
4. What prognosis doe Dr. Shuping give Price?
5. Describe Price's trip to New York.
6. How did Price's community react to his being housebound?
7. How does Price say Daniel Voll helped him when he was having a hard time accepting his condition?
8. Describe Price's withdrawal from methodone.
9. How does Price say he ended up feeling practically agoraphobic?
10. What advice does Price offer to doctors?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)