|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was alcohol affecting him in a new way?
(a) He could drink and drink without getting drunk.
(b) He would have a severe allergic reaction.
(c) He felt poisoned.
(d) One drink would make him drunk.
2. Which poet did Price NOT hear from?
(a) John Updike.
(b) Phillip Roth.
(c) Stephen Spender.
(d) Raymond Carver.
3. When does "A Whole New Life begin"?
4. How did the radiologist describe the chance of paralysis?
5. Who is Jeff Anderson?
(a) Price's student.
(b) Price's friend.
(c) Price's son.
(d) Price's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What test provided answers for Price?
2. How did Price's radiologist describe the radiation therapy he would receive?
3. What did the test show was swollen?
4. How many representations does Price say he made of the thing Marcia Bennett urged him to portray?
5. What is Marcia Bennett's husband's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Price say he asked for the morning after he heard the voice tell him what kind of suffering he would have to endure?
2. How did Price's health change after the first surgery?
3. What does Price say was the good news in his prognosis?
4. What was "The Eel"?
5. What did Price's doctors recommend for the next step after surgery?
6. Describe Price's condition when he emerged from surgery.
7. How does Price say his friends and family reacted to his illness?
8. What does Price say was most difficult about the early weeks of radiation therapy?
9. Where did Price go from Marcia Bennett's house?
10. How did Reynolds Price's health begin to change?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)