|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Price's social circle change as he continued with radiation therapy?
(a) People from church flocked to him.
(b) Only his close family continued to visit.
(c) People avoided him as his moods deteriorated.
(d) His friends abandoned him as his condition worsened.
2. What capability does Price say he began to lose?
(a) Remembering recent events.
(c) Lifting his feet.
(d) Remembering his childhood.
3. Which physical problem has Reynolds Price NOT encountered at the beginning of "A Whole New Life"?
(a) A waning of sexual desire.
(b) Chronic back pain.
(c) A torn ligament in his knee.
4. What tribute did Price make to his tumor?
(a) An abstract painting.
(b) A poem.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A drawing.
5. What is Marcia Bennett's relation with Reynolds Price?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Price's problems?
2. How many representations does Price say he made of the thing Marcia Bennett urged him to portray?
3. What has Reynolds Price's health been like, up to this point?
4. Describe the effect radiation had on Price.
5. Where does Price say he experienced constant pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Price say was most difficult about the early weeks of radiation therapy?
2. Describe Price's physical deterioration after radiation therapy.
3. What was "The Eel"?
4. What does Price say he did to make his condition more bearable?
5. How does Price say his friends and family reacted to his illness?
6. What does Price say he learned about his tumor?
7. Describe Price's condition when he emerged from surgery.
8. How did Reynolds Price's health begin to change?
9. What was the first prognosis for Price's condition?
10. What does Price say he asked for the morning after he heard the voice tell him what kind of suffering he would have to endure?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)