|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Friedman say was causing Price's pains?
(a) His immune system attacking his healthy tissue.
(b) Damaged nerve cells.
(c) Phantom pain.
(d) Repressed memories.
2. What did Patrick Louge teach Price?
(a) Stretching exercises.
(b) Spiritual practices.
3. Where did Reynolds Price and Daniel Voll travel to together?
(a) To Washington D.C. for a literary award ceremony.
(b) To New York for experimental treatments.
(c) To California to visit his family.
(d) To Arkansas for rehearsals.
4. What does Price say was the critical reaction to Kate Vaiden?
(a) Positive reviews.
(b) Harsh reviews.
(c) Mixed reviews and critical disinterest.
(d) The book was ignored.
5. What changed that allowed Price to return to writing?
(a) The tumor responded to treatment.
(b) He found someone else to help him around the house.
(c) His incision healed.
(d) He started to take new drugs.
6. What did Dr. Friedman give Price when the pains returned?
(a) A stimulant.
(b) A sedative.
(c) An antidepressant.
7. What changed when Reynolds Price injured himself?
(a) He damaged his internal organs.
(b) His pain was so bad he couldn't lift his head.
(c) His pain actually decreased.
(d) He lost all feeling in his legs.
8. What kind of program does Price say he entered after biofeedback?
(c) Physical therapy.
(d) Spiritual counseling.
9. What put Price back in the hospital?
(a) Leaking spinal fluid.
(c) Panic attacks.
10. What did Reynolds Price find when he finally went to the hospital?
(a) His immune system was malfunctioning.
(b) He had damaged his vertebrae.
(c) He had injured his nerves.
(d) He had become diabetic.
11. What did Price decide to do?
(a) Have radiation therapy.
(b) Have surgery.
(c) Nothing at the time.
(d) Forego surgery.
12. What does Price say he was taking for pain?
13. What was Dan's role in maintaining Price's balance of mind?
(a) Encouraging him to remain faithful.
(b) Nourishing his spirit with food, music and literature.
(c) Chastizing his self-pity.
(d) Talking him down from the proverbial ledge.
14. What did Dan convince Price to do?
(a) Write about his old memories.
(b) Travel more.
(c) Buy a van with hand controls.
(d) Visit his family.
15. What did Price's friends the Andersons offer to do for him?
(a) Find him funding for experimental treatments.
(b) Build a wing on their house for him to stay in.
(c) Help him with his medical bills.
(d) Assume legal responsibility for his care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Price say Daniel Voll would do 'happily' for him and his visitors?
2. What was Reynolds Price offered in November?
3. What damage did the doctors find when they examined Price?
4. What does Price say his outlook was like by April 1985?
5. What did doctors do during Price's surgery at the end of the semester?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)