|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lives does Price say he based his commissioned work on?
(a) His own.
(b) His students'.
(c) His children.
(d) His parents.
2. What did Price become aware of after biofeedback?
(b) Repressed memories.
(d) Scents and colors.
3. What was the result of Price's first visit with Patrick Louge?
(a) Nausea and dizziness.
(b) Painful side effects.
(c) Relief and relaxation.
(d) Panic attacks.
4. What does Price say his friends thought about his condition?
(a) They thought he was dying of AIDS.
(b) They thought he was harboring his strength for fighting his cancer.
(c) They thought he was on the verge of recovery.
(d) They thought he was in retreat from the world.
5. What kind of program does Price say he entered after biofeedback?
(b) Spiritual counseling.
(d) Physical therapy.
6. What did Dr. Friedman give Price when the pains returned?
(b) A sedative.
(c) An antidepressant.
(d) A stimulant.
7. What was Price given for pain at physical therapy?
8. What changed when Reynolds Price injured himself?
(a) His pain was so bad he couldn't lift his head.
(b) He lost all feeling in his legs.
(c) His pain actually decreased.
(d) He damaged his internal organs.
9. What strength does Price say he gained as a result of physical therapy?
(a) Strength of character.
(b) Back muscle strength.
(c) Upper body strength.
(d) Abdominal muscle strength.
10. What did MRIs indicate about Price's tumor, in 1987?
(a) No growth.
(b) Reduction in size.
(c) Decay of the vertebrae around it.
(d) Aggressive growth.
11. What does Price say he withdrew from?
(a) Anti-inflammatory drugs.
(c) Regular hospital care.
12. What was the result of the thing Dan convinced Price to do?
(a) Price enjoyed getting out more.
(b) Price resolved old hostilities.
(c) Price found new sources for his work.
(d) Price lost a great deal of money.
13. What was Price's original opinion of biofeedback?
(d) High hopes.
14. What did Dan convince Price to do?
(a) Visit his family.
(b) Travel more.
(c) Buy a van with hand controls.
(d) Write about his old memories.
15. What was different about Daniel Voll's visit, when he returned to see Price?
(a) Price was more in control of his pain.
(b) Price was more grateful for what Dan had experienced with him.
(c) Price was resentful to think of the conditions Dan had seen him in.
(d) Price was more remote on account of his pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Price able to do after Christmas 1985?
2. How does Price say his condition changed after Christmas 1985?
3. What did Reynolds Price do upon returning from his trip with Daniel Voll?
4. How did Reynolds Price injure himself?
5. How does Price describe the process of getting off methodone?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)