|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reynolds Price's job at the beginning of the memoir?
(a) University dean.
(c) University professor.
(d) Literary critic.
2. Where did Marcia Bennett and Reynolds Price move to?
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
3. What did Reynolds Price begin to feel after the anesthesia wore off?
(b) Excruciating pain.
4. What was Marcia Bennett's husband doing on his travels?
(a) Missionary work.
(d) Visiting friends.
5. What test provided answers for Price?
(b) Blood test.
6. Where was Price taken after surgery?
(a) Back into surgery.
(b) To another hospital.
(c) Intensive care.
7. What did Price hear from his oncologist?
(a) That his tumor had never been seen before.
(b) That he had an excellent chance of full recovery.
(c) That his tumor was the largest on record.
(d) That he was going to die soon.
8. When had Price enjoyed this hobby previously?
(b) Right before he got cancer.
(c) Young adulthood.
(d) During his teaching years.
9. How was alcohol affecting him in a new way?
(a) One drink would make him drunk.
(b) He would have a severe allergic reaction.
(c) He felt poisoned.
(d) He could drink and drink without getting drunk.
10. How many days a week was Price getting radiation?
11. How does Price describe his rapport with Marcia Bennett?
(a) They grated on each other.
(b) They were practically lovers.
(c) They spent long hours rehashing old arguments.
(d) They enjoyed each other's company.
12. What did the test show was swollen?
(a) The sheaths on Price's nerves.
(b) Price's brain.
(c) Price's back muscles.
(d) Price's spinal cord.
13. Which poet did Price NOT hear from?
(a) John Updike.
(b) Phillip Roth.
(c) Raymond Carver.
(d) Stephen Spender.
14. What tribute did Price make to his tumor?
(a) An abstract painting.
(b) A poem.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A sculpture.
15. How long would Price have to wait, to be considered 'cured'?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first doctor examine, when Price finally goes in?
2. Where is Reynolds Price living at the beginning of "A Whole New Life"?
3. What does Price say he began to do more often?
4. What did Price resolve to do, starting a few days after surgery?
5. Which condition is NOT emblematic of Cushing's disease?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)