|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What muscles could Reynolds Price no longer control?
(a) Leg muscles.
(b) Stomach muscles.
(c) Back muscles.
(d) Facial muscles.
2. Where did Price work with Diana Betz?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At her office.
(c) At his home.
(d) At a clinic.
3. Which condition is NOT emblematic of Cushing's disease?
(a) Terrible mood swings.
(c) Oddly swollen face.
(d) Huge appetite.
4. What did Price hear from his oncologist?
(a) That he had an excellent chance of full recovery.
(b) That his tumor was the largest on record.
(c) That his tumor had never been seen before.
(d) That he was going to die soon.
5. What kind of doctor was going to perform surgery on Price?
(a) A radiologist.
(b) A gastroenterologist.
(c) A neurosurgeon.
(d) An oncologist.
6. Where was Price taken after surgery?
(a) To another hospital.
(b) Intensive care.
(c) Back into surgery.
7. How long was Reynolds Price in surgery?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
8. What does Price say he had to do to call Marcia Bennett?
(a) Swallow his pride.
(b) Forget her insults.
(c) Find her number.
(d) Ask her forgiveness.
9. What was the prognosis after the first round of tests?
(a) No action.
(b) Treatment with radiation.
(c) Treatment with drugs.
10. What test provided answers for Price?
(b) Blood test.
11. How was alcohol affecting him in a new way?
(a) He would have a severe allergic reaction.
(b) One drink would make him drunk.
(c) He could drink and drink without getting drunk.
(d) He felt poisoned.
12. What did Price's friend from Florida make sure Price had?
(a) Emotional support from friends.
(b) Warm clothes.
(c) Nutritious food.
(d) Rest and quiet.
13. Where did Price look for consolation?
(c) His friends.
(d) His wife.
14. What is Dr. Simonton's field?
(a) Spinal surgery.
(c) Radiation therapy.
15. How athletic was Reynolds Price as a child?
(a) Somewhat athletic.
(b) Enthusiastically athletic.
(c) Not at all athletic.
(d) Extremely athletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Price describe radiation therapy?
2. How did Price's radiologist describe the radiation therapy he would receive?
3. What was Price's condition as the anesthesia wore off?
4. How long would Price have to wait, to be considered 'cured'?
5. What did the test show was swollen?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)