|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marcia Bennett and Reynolds Price move to?
(a) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
2. How long did Marcia Bennett stay with Reynolds Price before moving locations?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
3. What does Price say a strong neighbor had to do for him?
(a) Hold him through a seizure.
(b) Give him a bath.
(c) Call the ambulance.
(d) Carry him to bed.
4. How athletic was Reynolds Price as a child?
(a) Extremely athletic.
(b) Somewhat athletic.
(c) Not at all athletic.
(d) Enthusiastically athletic.
5. Where did Price work with Diana Betz?
(a) At a clinic.
(b) At her office.
(c) At his home.
(d) At the hospital.
6. How does Price describe his rapport with Marcia Bennett?
(a) They were practically lovers.
(b) They grated on each other.
(c) They spent long hours rehashing old arguments.
(d) They enjoyed each other's company.
7. When had Price enjoyed this hobby previously?
(a) Right before he got cancer.
(b) Young adulthood.
(d) During his teaching years.
8. What tribute did Price make to his tumor?
(a) A poem.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) An abstract painting.
(d) A drawing.
9. How does Price say he and Marcia Bennett spend their time together?
(b) Reading to each other.
(c) Going for long walks.
10. How did Price's radiologist describe the radiation therapy he would receive?
(a) Small doses at the beginning, then getting larger.
(b) Experimentally large doses.
(c) Strongest possible dose.
(d) Moderate, safe dose.
11. Where is Reynolds Price living at the beginning of "A Whole New Life"?
(a) In the city.
(b) By the park.
(c) By a pond.
(d) By a mountain.
12. What capability does Price say he began to lose?
(a) Remembering recent events.
(c) Lifting his feet.
(d) Remembering his childhood.
13. What did Marcia Bennett urge Reynolds Price to portray?
(a) His cancer.
(b) His future recovery.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His vision of Jesus.
14. Where was Price taken after surgery?
(a) Back into surgery.
(c) Intensive care.
(d) To another hospital.
15. How was Price's gait affected by his condition?
(a) He cannot walk without a limp.
(b) He cannot pick up his feet.
(c) He could not walk straight without wobbling.
(d) He can't keep himself upright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reynolds Price's job at the beginning of the memoir?
2. What did Price feel about the work ahead of him?
3. Who drove Price back and forth for radiation sessions?
4. What did Price hear from his oncologist?
5. How did the radiologist describe the chance of paralysis?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)