|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Reynolds Price's health been like, up to this point?
(a) Good since a childhood illness.
(b) Steadily good.
(c) Consistently poor.
(d) Good for long periods between.
2. What response does Price say he received when he asked God how much of this he would have to endure?
(b) No more.
(c) No more than he wanted to.
(d) More than he could take.
3. How does Price spend his time on returning home?
(a) Listening to classical music.
(c) Cleaning out his house.
(d) Having people over.
4. Describe the effect radiation had on Price.
5. What would they share?
(a) The Bible.
6. What desire does Price say he began to feel, after returning to his hobby?
(a) To write.
(b) To walk.
(c) To die.
(d) To marry.
7. How many representations does Price say he made of the thing Marcia Bennett urged him to portray?
(c) A few.
8. Where is Reynolds Price living at the beginning of "A Whole New Life"?
(a) By a pond.
(b) By the park.
(c) In the city.
(d) By a mountain.
9. What was Price told during his dream?
(a) That his sins were forgiven.
(b) That he was being spared for a higher purpose.
(c) That he would have to change his ways.
(d) That he was not going to be allowed to die until his work was complete.
10. How did Price's social circle change as he continued with radiation therapy?
(a) His friends abandoned him as his condition worsened.
(b) People from church flocked to him.
(c) People avoided him as his moods deteriorated.
(d) Only his close family continued to visit.
11. How does Price describe his rapport with Marcia Bennett?
(a) They spent long hours rehashing old arguments.
(b) They grated on each other.
(c) They enjoyed each other's company.
(d) They were practically lovers.
12. What is Dr. Simonton's field?
(b) Spinal surgery.
(c) Radiation therapy.
13. When had Price enjoyed this hobby previously?
(b) During his teaching years.
(c) Right before he got cancer.
(d) Young adulthood.
14. What is Reynolds Price's condition at the beginning of the memoir?
(a) Being diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Recovering from a surgery.
(c) Healthy and successful.
(d) Going into remission.
15. How athletic was Reynolds Price as a child?
(a) Not at all athletic.
(b) Extremely athletic.
(c) Enthusiastically athletic.
(d) Somewhat athletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marcia Bennett and Reynolds Price move to?
2. How long was Reynolds Price in surgery?
3. What work was Price waiting to resume while he was in radiation therapy?
4. What was Price given for the next few days after surgery?
5. What could Reynolds Price do by himself?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)