|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Price's social circle change as he continued with radiation therapy?
(a) Only his close family continued to visit.
(b) His friends abandoned him as his condition worsened.
(c) People avoided him as his moods deteriorated.
(d) People from church flocked to him.
2. What is Marcia Bennett's relation with Reynolds Price?
3. What did Price's friend from Florida make sure Price had?
(a) Emotional support from friends.
(b) Nutritious food.
(c) Warm clothes.
(d) Rest and quiet.
4. What is Reynolds Price's condition at the beginning of the memoir?
(a) Going into remission.
(b) Being diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Healthy and successful.
(d) Recovering from a surgery.
5. What did Price dream vividly about?
(a) Being with Jesus.
(b) Being at his own funeral.
(c) Being dead.
(d) Being in the womb.
6. How long would Price have to wait, to be considered 'cured'?
(a) Five years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
7. When had Price enjoyed this hobby previously?
(a) Right before he got cancer.
(b) During his teaching years.
(d) Young adulthood.
8. What was the title of the work Price created in homage to his tumor?
(a) The Vampire.
(b) The Octopus.
(c) The Eel.
(d) The Exhaustion.
9. Which condition is NOT emblematic of Cushing's disease?
(a) Huge appetite.
(b) Oddly swollen face.
(c) Terrible mood swings.
10. What did Reynolds Price's dying friend tell him?
(a) That he would not die.
(b) That he was undergoing a transformation that may or may not involve dying.
(c) What dying is like.
(d) That he was definitely dying.
11. How does Price describe his rapport with Marcia Bennett?
(a) They spent long hours rehashing old arguments.
(b) They grated on each other.
(c) They were practically lovers.
(d) They enjoyed each other's company.
12. What did Price feel about the work ahead of him?
13. How does Price say he and Marcia Bennett spend their time together?
(a) Going for long walks.
(d) Reading to each other.
14. When does "A Whole New Life begin"?
15. Where was Price taken after surgery?
(a) Back into surgery.
(b) Intensive care.
(d) To another hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reynolds Price's job at the beginning of the memoir?
2. What kind of doctor was going to perform surgery on Price?
3. What did Marcia Bennett urge Reynolds Price to portray?
4. What did Price's body fail to do when his brain told him to do it?
5. What is Dr. Simonton's field?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)