|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Price's will changing as he continued through therapy?
(a) He was full of blind desire to live at any cost.
(b) He was sure that he could bargain with God or the Fates or whoever was in charge of his illness.
(c) He was spending more and more time in total panic.
(d) He was praying and meditating to strengthen his resolve.
2. What does the first doctor examine, when Price finally goes in?
(a) His hormones.
(b) His heart.
(c) His reflexes.
(d) His white blood cell count.
3. What did Price's body fail to do when his brain told him to do it?
(b) Stand up.
(c) Focus on a book.
(d) Write a letter.
4. What does Price begin to do after contact with Dr. Simonton?
(a) Travel to India.
(b) Eat differently.
(c) Visualize his antibodies attacking cancer cells.
(d) Stop radiation therapy.
5. Which poet did Price NOT hear from?
(a) Stephen Spender.
(b) Raymond Carver.
(c) Phillip Roth.
(d) John Updike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Price say was difficult about entering radiation therapy?
2. Where is Reynolds Price living at the beginning of "A Whole New Life"?
3. What did Price dream vividly about?
4. What was Price told during his dream?
5. What did Price's friend from Florida make sure Price had?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)