|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Jim Mattis step down from the day after Trump's Syria tweets?
(a) Treasury Secretary.
(b) Director of National Intelligence.
(c) Homeland Security Chief.
(d) Secretary of Defense.
2. How many times did John McCain run for president?
3. How many times has Donald Trump changed his political party over the last three decades, according to the author in Chapter 3?
4. What was the U.S. federal budget deficit when Obama left office in 2016?
(a) $4.2 trillion.
(b) $1.4 trillion.
(c) $587 billion.
(d) $932 billion.
5. Who was the head of the Environmental Protection Agency that blamed staff for his misuse of government funds and was forced to resign?
(a) Scott Pruitt.
(b) Jerome Powell.
(c) Dolley Madison.
(d) James Buchanan.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was John McCain held as a prisoner of war in Vietnam?
2. When was the Resolute desk that sits in the Oval Office gifted to the U.S.?
3. What nickname did Donald lTrump conceive of for Senator Dick Blumenthal?
4. Over what issue did Donald Trump have conflicts after the death of John McCain?
5. Who wrote De Officiis, spelling out how a public servant should behave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author present a number of crude statements by Donald Trump in Chapter 2?
2. How does the author describe the typical process of transition for an incoming president in Chapter 1?
3. How are "character" and "ethics" defined?
4. To what does the author attribute Trump's fickleness of political party?
5. What was demonstrated through Trump's response to the "Unite the Right" violence?
6. To what does the author attribute the high rate of turnover in the Trump administration in Chapter 1?
7. What does the author remark regarding his/her thesis in the New York Times op-ed "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration" in the Introduction?
8. How does Trump compare with recent presidents concerning executive orders?
9. What is confirmation bias?
10. What does Trump's response to the author's op-ed in the New York Time say about him?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)