|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the elections of 1976, what did the police do to anyone who did not vote?
2. What nickname did Madame Phat receive after she spoke of her debt of gratitude to the Party?
3. What was life like for the PRG in general?
4. Why did Tang accept an appointment as director of the National Rubber Industry in Chapter 24?
5. Which unit member was very popular for what he could provide the guerrillas with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Tang decided to forgo his pharmacy studies and focus instead on political science, his political views began to sway. In which direction did Tang's new studies take him politically? What did Tang come to understand about the relationship between Vietnam and France?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the main influence upon Tang's political awakening? How did this person come to influence Tang to such a degree in a short period of time?
Essay Topic 3
When Tang was abducted by the secret police, he was put into a prison to be tortured. Why was Tang reluctant to admit to the police that he was a communist if it would avoid further torture? What brought Tang to finally admit on paper that he was a communist, when he truly was not? How might this false admission effect Tang's political life in the future?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)