|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tang and his wife live after he decides to go into seclusion??
2. Which unit member was very popular for what he could provide the guerrillas with?
3. What directives emerged from a COSVN/PRG meeting held in Chapter 22?
4. What were most of the Southern guerrillas pressing hard for in Chapter 18?
5. What happened when the city of Hue was taken by the NLF and Northern troops in January, 1968?
Essay Topic 1
What instigated Tang's decision to stay in France after completing his academic studies and resigning from the navy? Describe his thought processes on the matter. What interfered with that decision?
Essay Topic 2
What does the treatment of Tran Buu Kiem and Tran Bach Dang, who made minor blunders in front of Party officials, say about the the COSVN's treatment of leading intellectuals? What was the general tone and spirit of the workers' party at the time of Dang's and Diem's isolation and retirement?
Essay Topic 3
How might the events Tang endures during his flight from Vietnam on a river boat reflect his struggles throughout the book? Use specific details in your answer.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)