Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang and his colleagues find to be the necessary connection between Marxism and independence?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
3. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
4. What did Tang's host want most to know from Tang during his visit to Budapest ?
5. What were "elephant's intestines?"
Who was the main influence upon Tang's political awakening? How did this person come to influence Tang to such a degree in a short period of time?
What was the purpose for the NLF's forming of The Movement for Self-Determination? What did the movement hope to accomplish? Why did the movement choose the members it did?
Pham Hung and General Trung of Central Office South Vietnam (COSVN), Communist Party headquarters in South Vietnam, joked that "even though we ran like hell, still we'll win" after Northern forces retreated from southern Cambodian borders to Kratie. Explain the meaning of this quote as it relates to Vietnamese guerrilla fighters. How can the reader interpret Henry Kissinger's similar statement given in a journal article in 1968?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)