Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang and his colleagues find to be the necessary connection between Marxism and independence?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
3. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
4. What did Tang's host want most to know from Tang during his visit to Budapest ?
5. What were "elephant's intestines?"
Essay Topic 1
The Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) was formed in response to Nixon's Vietnamization strategies. Explain the domestic, international and diplomatic goals of the PRG.
Essay Topic 2
When Tang decided to forgo his pharmacy studies and focus instead on political science, his political views began to sway. In which direction did Tang's new studies take him politically? What did Tang come to understand about the relationship between Vietnam and France?
Essay Topic 3
Albert Thao was a childhood friend of Tang's who became a spy within Diem's government. What induced Albert to become a spy, a dangerous mission for a young man? How did Tang view his friend's involvement in Diem's government, without being told that his friend was a double agent?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)