Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang and his colleagues find to be the necessary connection between Marxism and independence?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
3. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
4. What did Tang's host want most to know from Tang during his visit to Budapest ?
5. What were "elephant's intestines?"
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tang's life in the Maquis after his exchange. Why is Tang sentimental about his and the other PRG members' time there?
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 17 is titled "1972: The Watershed." Explain why, in Tang's study of that year, he terms it a watershed year. What progress has been made in the right direction that provides a turning point for Tang and the North? Use examples that describe both political, internal and military reasons for the "watershed."
Essay Topic 3
Albert Thao was a childhood friend of Tang's who became a spy within Diem's government. What induced Albert to become a spy, a dangerous mission for a young man? How did Tang view his friend's involvement in Diem's government, without being told that his friend was a double agent?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)