|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
2. When Tang revisited Hanoi in 1974, what did he note about the Ho Chi Minh Trail?
3. Upon Tang's return to Hanoi in Chapter 20, what does he encounter in the city he has not visited for thirty years?
4. What did Tang bring to the attention of DRV Prime Minister Dong in Chapter 22?
5. Why did the PRG believe that having Tang's brothers working for the South Vietnamese government might help their cause?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What instigated Tang's decision to stay in France after completing his academic studies and resigning from the navy? Describe his thought processes on the matter. What interfered with that decision?
Essay Topic 2
Why would an open opposition by Vietnam to either China or to the Soviets be hurtful to the emerging nation as far as Tang and the nationalists were concerned? In what ways were the Soviets and the Chinese helpful to Tang's cause?
Essay Topic 3
Saigon's regime, led by Thieu, refuses to abide by an agreement of the Paris Accord signed by his own foreign minister. Explain Thieu's actions following the signing of the Accord. Discuss the PRG's reaction to Thieu's tactics at this time.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)