|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have been freed from arrest since Tang's retirement in the summer of 1976, to his knowledge?
2. What was the prime enemy of the guerrillas considered to be in the jungle?
3. What announcement did Le Duan make at the joint meeting of the politburo and central military committee in 1975?
4. What was life like for the PRG in general?
5. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
Essay Topic 1
Express an opinion as to whether Tang's and his fellow nationalists' struggles had been in vain. Support your opinion with facts and feelings expressed within the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Tang decided to forgo his pharmacy studies and focus instead on political science, his political views began to sway. In which direction did Tang's new studies take him politically? What did Tang come to understand about the relationship between Vietnam and France?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Tang found Diem's government policies intolerable. What was most distressing about Diem from Tang's point of view?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)