|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the elections of 1976, what did the police do to anyone who did not vote?
2. Where does Tang and his wife live after he decides to go into seclusion??
3. What new means of transportation was Vietnam inundated with in 1969 and 1970?
4. What happened when the city of Hue was taken by the NLF and Northern troops in January, 1968?
5. How did Nixon and Kissinger justify the Tet offensive bombings and invasion of Cambodia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had escaping Vietnam by boat become a great topic of conversation in the first days following northern liberation?
2. How had the Ho Chi Minh Trail changed from when it was first created in 1959 until Tang returned to travel it in 1974?
3. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
4. What did Article 9 out of the Paris Accord call for the creation of?
5. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
6. In what ways did Thieu antagonize students and workers in 1970s Saigon?
7. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
8. When Tang's boat during his escape was attacked by pirates, why wasn't the situation as horrible as some others had been?
9. Why was Prince Sihanouk's removal as head of the Cambodian government a source of anxiety for the NLF?
10. What was the goal of Nixon's "Vietnamization," according to the NLF?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Saigon's regime, led by Thieu, refuses to abide by an agreement of the Paris Accord signed by his own foreign minister. Explain Thieu's actions following the signing of the Accord. Discuss the PRG's reaction to Thieu's tactics at this time.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Albert Thao's personality. What was his ultimate mission politically, and why?
Essay Topic 3
The Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) was formed in response to Nixon's Vietnamization strategies. Explain the domestic, international and diplomatic goals of the PRG.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)