|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most popular weaponry used in the Front?
2. Why did Tang accept an appointment as director of the National Rubber Industry in Chapter 24?
3. What did Article 9 of the Paris Accords call for the creation of?
4. What did Thieu force university and high school students to do in 1970?
5. What American events attracted the attention of the nationalists in 1973?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Thieu antagonize students and workers in 1970s Saigon?
2. What did Presidential Minister Tran Buu Kiem whisper to Tang during one the last general meetings involving the leadership of the NLF, PRG, the alliance, and the mass organizations?
3. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
4. Why did the imminent signing of a negotiation agreement in Paris fill Tang and the nationalist forces with hope and excitement?
5. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
6. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
7. How had the Ho Chi Minh Trail changed from when it was first created in 1959 until Tang returned to travel it in 1974?
8. What became of Tang's two brothers, both of whom had stayed in Saigon throughout the war?
9. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
10. What was the theme of the seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG leaders in Kratie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Thao's personality. What was his ultimate mission politically, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Why would an open opposition by Vietnam to either China or to the Soviets be hurtful to the emerging nation as far as Tang and the nationalists were concerned? In what ways were the Soviets and the Chinese helpful to Tang's cause?
Essay Topic 3
The Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) was formed in response to Nixon's Vietnamization strategies. Explain the domestic, international and diplomatic goals of the PRG.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)