|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Tang's brothers, Quynh and Bich, sent on June 16, 1975?
2. What did Tang's host want most to know from Tang during his visit to Budapest ?
3. What did Article 9 of the Paris Accords call for the creation of?
4. Who was the only professional sailor on board the boat Tang and his wife escaped on?
5. What was the main goal of the Provisional Revolutionary Government, organized in 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Presidential Minister Tran Buu Kiem whisper to Tang during one the last general meetings involving the leadership of the NLF, PRG, the alliance, and the mass organizations?
2. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
3. What became of Tang's two brothers, both of whom had stayed in Saigon throughout the war?
4. When Tang visited Budapest in Chapter 20, what might be said to have been the motives of the Budapest government while they treated Tang to a visitor's tour and comforts?
5. What did General Trung mean when he joked that "even though we ran like hell, still we'll win" in regard to the NLF's retreat from the southern Cambodian border?
6. What access to information did the leaders of the PRG have in the Maquis?
7. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
8. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
9. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
10. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the purpose for the NLF's forming of The Movement for Self-Determination? What did the movement hope to accomplish? Why did the movement choose the members it did?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the main influence upon Tang's political awakening? How did this person come to influence Tang to such a degree in a short period of time?
Essay Topic 3
Why would an open opposition by Vietnam to either China or to the Soviets be hurtful to the emerging nation as far as Tang and the nationalists were concerned? In what ways were the Soviets and the Chinese helpful to Tang's cause?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)