|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most popular weaponry used in the Front?
2. What did Article 9 of the Paris Accords call for the creation of?
3. What break came to Tang and his wife via his wife's brother-in-law?
4. Where were Tang's brothers, Quynh and Bich, sent on June 16, 1975?
5. What effect did America's invasion into Cambodia have on the NLF?
Short Essay Questions
1. What access to information did the leaders of the PRG have in the Maquis?
2. How did Tang come to the difficult conclusion that he had to leave Vietnam after all he had been through?
3. What became of Tang's two brothers, both of whom had stayed in Saigon throughout the war?
4. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
5. What was the goal of Nixon's "Vietnamization," according to the NLF?
6. In what ways did Thieu antagonize students and workers in 1970s Saigon?
7. What did Article 9 out of the Paris Accord call for the creation of?
8. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
9. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
10. What did General Trung mean when he joked that "even though we ran like hell, still we'll win" in regard to the NLF's retreat from the southern Cambodian border?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What instigated Tang's decision to stay in France after completing his academic studies and resigning from the navy? Describe his thought processes on the matter. What interfered with that decision?
Essay Topic 2
Saigon's regime, led by Thieu, refuses to abide by an agreement of the Paris Accord signed by his own foreign minister. Explain Thieu's actions following the signing of the Accord. Discuss the PRG's reaction to Thieu's tactics at this time.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Albert Thao's personality. What was his ultimate mission politically, and why?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)