Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang and his colleagues find to be the necessary connection between Marxism and independence?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do upon his foreign minister's signing of a peace accord?
3. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
4. What did Tang's host want most to know from Tang during his visit to Budapest ?
5. What were "elephant's intestines?"
What was the purpose for the NLF's forming of The Movement for Self-Determination? What did the movement hope to accomplish? Why did the movement choose the members it did?
Express an opinion as to whether Tang's and his fellow nationalists' struggles had been in vain. Support your opinion with facts and feelings expressed within the book.
Many of those who joined the Alliance of National, Democratic and Peace Forces at its founding had been resistant for years to formally joining such organizations.
Why had these people (most of whom were old friends of Tang) resisted associating themselves politically, regardless of their sympathies for the goals of the NLF? What made them finally decide to take action by 1968?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)