|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the leadership of the North place its focus in the 1966 resolution?
2. Why did Tang's early mobilization committee in Chapter 7 send Nguyen Van Hieu to Hanoi?
3. What was the first job Tang got in France after his parents stopped sending him money?
4. What prevented Tang from attending the First National Congress in 1962?
5. Who was Thuy Ba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
2. Why was it that the National Liberation Front was not anxious to see President Diem overthrown?
3. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
4. Why did Albert Thao end up staying with Tang for three days in Chapter 6?
5. What impressed Tang so much when he discovered what Ho Chi Minh was through while he met with Tang and a fellow student for tea?
6. What physical and mental condition was Tang in while a prisoner at the headquarters prison?
7. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
8. What compromise was reached for Vietnam in May of 1954?
9. What was Tang's main goal during his early leadership of the Young People's Association?
10. Why did Air Marshal Ky and his partner, Nguyen Van Thieu, make an attempt to disrupt Americans meeting with Dang's deputy, a cadre named Sau Ha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Tang's family's expectations for the way he should lead his life? What disappointments, if any, were faced by Tang's father as they applied to his son and how did his father react to these disappointments?
Essay Topic 2
What does the treatment of Tran Buu Kiem and Tran Bach Dang, who made minor blunders in front of Party officials, say about the the COSVN's treatment of leading intellectuals? What was the general tone and spirit of the workers' party at the time of Dang's and Diem's isolation and retirement?
Essay Topic 3
What prevented Nguyen Huu Tho from attending the first meeting of the NLF as its newly-elected president? What were the events leading up to the inability to ensure Tho's presence at that meeting?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)