|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ngo Dinh Nhu?
2. What happened to Diem and Nhu during the coup in Chapter 6?
3. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
4. How did Albert Thao capitalize on his role of investigating army officers for disloyalty to Diem?
5. What is meant by the "Three Kingdoms"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ho Chi Minh's welcoming visit to the members of the alliance in Hanoi so important to them?
2. Why did Tang and his associates want to keep the American military from becoming involved in the Vietnamese conflict?
3. What compromise was reached for Vietnam in May of 1954?
4. Why was it that Diem did not have the loyalty of his subjects, the South Vietnamese people?
5. What was Tang's reaction upon meeting Ho Chi Minh?
6. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
7. What was Tang's main goal during his early leadership of the Young People's Association?
8. What impressed Tang so much when he discovered what Ho Chi Minh was through while he met with Tang and a fellow student for tea?
9. Why was it that President-Designate Tho was unable to be liberated from detention in Tuy Hoa?
10. What kind of secrecy was involved in the first meeting of the NLF?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What prevented Nguyen Huu Tho from attending the first meeting of the NLF as its newly-elected president? What were the events leading up to the inability to ensure Tho's presence at that meeting?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tang's life in the Maquis after his exchange. Why is Tang sentimental about his and the other PRG members' time there?
Essay Topic 3
What was the purpose for the NLF's forming of The Movement for Self-Determination? What did the movement hope to accomplish? Why did the movement choose the members it did?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)