|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Tang take at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Why did the province of Ben Tre become peaceful as opposed to its violent reputation?
3. Why did the NLF Committee meet in 1961 during Tet?
4. What was the turning point for those who finally decided to take political action and join the Alliance of National, Democratic and Peace Forces?
5. What were Agrovilles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did General Trung mean when he joked that "even though we ran like hell, still we'll win" in regard to the NLF's retreat from the southern Cambodian border?
2. Why was it that President-Designate Tho was unable to be liberated from detention in Tuy Hoa?
3. Why does Tang come out of retirement and return to Saigon?
4. What compromise was reached for Vietnam in May of 1954?
5. How did the NLF gain the support of the local population near Kratie, along the western banks of the Mekong?
6. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
7. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
8. Why did Air Marshal Ky and his partner, Nguyen Van Thieu, make an attempt to disrupt Americans meeting with Dang's deputy, a cadre named Sau Ha?
9. How did the COSVN/PRG decide to deal with their recent enemies of the South at the end of the war?
10. What was the theme of the seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG leaders in Kratie?
Essay Topic 1
What was the purpose for the NLF's forming of The Movement for Self-Determination? What did the movement hope to accomplish? Why did the movement choose the members it did?
Essay Topic 2
What prevented Nguyen Huu Tho from attending the first meeting of the NLF as its newly-elected president? What were the events leading up to the inability to ensure Tho's presence at that meeting?
Essay Topic 3
Saigon's regime, led by Thieu, refuses to abide by an agreement of the Paris Accord signed by his own foreign minister. Explain Thieu's actions following the signing of the Accord. Discuss the PRG's reaction to Thieu's tactics at this time.
This section contains 1,915 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)