Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Albert Thao believe about Diem's leadership in Vietnam?
2. What was the official name of the Vietnamese Communist Party?
3. Who did Tang's father allow his sons to interact with outside of the home?
4. After the overthrow of Diem, what did Tang become director-general of?
5. What did Ho Chi Minh give Tang at the end of their afternoon tea together at Montmorency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
2. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
3. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
4. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
5. How did Tang first experience racial discrimination?
6. How did the NLF gain the support of the local population near Kratie, along the western banks of the Mekong?
7. Why was Tang confused when he received a letter from his father in Chapter 3?
8. What did Article 9 out of the Paris Accord call for the creation of?
9. What were Tang's feelings toward America when he returned to Saigon in 1955?
10. What impressed Tang so much when he discovered what Ho Chi Minh was through while he met with Tang and a fellow student for tea?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Thao's personality. What was his ultimate mission politically, and why?
Essay Topic 2
How might the events Tang endures during his flight from Vietnam on a river boat reflect his struggles throughout the book? Use specific details in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Saigon's regime, led by Thieu, refuses to abide by an agreement of the Paris Accord signed by his own foreign minister. Explain Thieu's actions following the signing of the Accord. Discuss the PRG's reaction to Thieu's tactics at this time.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)