|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Tao Thao?
2. Who was Ngo Dinh Nhu?
3. Who did the U.S. government signal its willingness to support upon abandoning its support of Diem in the early 1960s?
4. What did Tang do when he was drafted by the Bao Dai government?
5. Which of the following was NOT an objective of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
2. How did Tang come to be made chief of his neighborhood contingent of the Vanguard Youth?
3. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
4. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
5. What was the theme of the seminars given to the Alliance/NLF/PRG leaders in Kratie?
6. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
7. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
8. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
9. Within three years of Diem's presidency, what was apparent about the leader concerning his political endeavors?
10. Why was Prince Sihanouk's removal as head of the Cambodian government a source of anxiety for the NLF?
Essay Topic 1
What was the purpose for the NLF's forming of The Movement for Self-Determination? What did the movement hope to accomplish? Why did the movement choose the members it did?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tang's life in the Maquis after his exchange. Why is Tang sentimental about his and the other PRG members' time there?
Essay Topic 3
What were Tang's family's expectations for the way he should lead his life? What disappointments, if any, were faced by Tang's father as they applied to his son and how did his father react to these disappointments?
This section contains 1,934 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)