|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tang's father send Tang's fiance and her father to Paris?
(a) So Tang and she can marry.
(b) To threaten him with violence.
(c) To give him grandchildren quickly.
(d) To persuade Tang to return home immediately.
2. What group was Tang named as president of at the age of forty-three?
(a) Young People's Association of South Vietnam.
(b) Ho Chi Minh's Youth.
(c) The Vanguard Youth.
(d) The Youth Movement.
3. Where was Tang first subjected to racial prejudice?
(a) In America.
(b) During the war.
(c) In school.
(d) In Europe.
4. What happened to Diem and Nhu during the coup in Chapter 6?
(a) They begged for their lives inside the Palace.
(b) They were able to subdue the coup and retake control.
(c) They were killed outside a church.
(d) They were imprisoned in Saigon.
5. What did the underground resistance Tang was involved with eventually evolve into?
(a) The National Liberation Front.
(b) The Provisional Revolutionary Government.
(c) The Demilitarized Zone.
(d) The North Vietnamese Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tang know Albert Pham Ngoc Thao?
2. Why was the Northern Vietnamese government fearful of American involvement in the fighting in Vietnam in the early 1960s?
3. What were Agrovilles?
4. What was Diem's To Cong campaign?
5. What did Tang's wife ultimately do about her marriage in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
2. What kind of secrecy was involved in the first meeting of the NLF?
3. Why did Albert Thao end up staying with Tang for three days in Chapter 6?
4. What was Tang's reaction upon meeting Ho Chi Minh?
5. What impressed Tang so much when he discovered what Ho Chi Minh was through while he met with Tang and a fellow student for tea?
6. What was the main goal of the movement for self-determination?
7. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
8. Why was it that the National Liberation Front was not anxious to see President Diem overthrown?
9. Why was Ho Chi Minh's welcoming visit to the members of the alliance in Hanoi so important to them?
10. Why was it that President-Designate Tho was unable to be liberated from detention in Tuy Hoa?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)