|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ngo Dinh Nhu?
(a) A teacher at Saigon University.
(b) Organizer of the National Liberation Front.
(c) Leader of the National Revolutionary Movement.
(d) Prime Minister of Vietnam.
2. Who did Albert Thao's family get to protect him from harm?
(a) Tang's family.
(b) Bishop Thuc.
(c) Vinh Long.
3. What event pushed aside Tang's trepidations concerning military action against Diem?
(a) The Americans decided to discontinue their relationship with Diem.
(b) Tang believed a military victory could be possible.
(c) The northern government announced its readiness to act to liberate the south.
(d) Politcal action would be enough to push Diem aside.
4. What does "tin," a basic ethical principle in Confucianism, refer to?
(a) Loss of face.
5. Which of the following was NOT an objective of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
(a) Bring unity to the different classes of people in the South.
(b) Overthrow the Diem regime.
(c) Bring in American advisers to help with the movement's actions.
(d) Build an independent economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bao Dai name as Prime Minister?
2. What did Tang suspect about the historical documents used in the infancy of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
3. How did Tang meet his second wife?
4. What was the first job Tang got in France after his parents stopped sending him money?
5. What was the turning point for those who finally decided to take political action and join the Alliance of National, Democratic and Peace Forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tang's reaction upon meeting Ho Chi Minh?
2. Why was it that Diem did not have the loyalty of his subjects, the South Vietnamese people?
3. Why did Albert Thao end up staying with Tang for three days in Chapter 6?
4. Why was it that President-Designate Tho was unable to be liberated from detention in Tuy Hoa?
5. Why did Tang decide to join the national navy upon receiving another draft notice in Chapter 4?
6. Why did Air Marshal Ky and his partner, Nguyen Van Thieu, make an attempt to disrupt Americans meeting with Dang's deputy, a cadre named Sau Ha?
7. How did Tang come to be made chief of his neighborhood contingent of the Vanguard Youth?
8. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
9. What were Tang's feelings toward America when he returned to Saigon in 1955?
10. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)