|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The moment Tang or any of his brothers displayed a weakness in any school subject, what did Tang's father do?
(a) Employ a tutor.
(b) Restrict their activities.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Teach them himself.
2. What movement did Tang decide to join after his meeting with Ho Chi Minh?
(a) The Fourth Republic.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Tet Offensive.
(d) Vietnamese independence.
3. Who did Tang's wife end up bribing in order to get Tang transferred to the national police headquarters?
(a) Prime Minister Quat.
(b) Ba Tra.
(c) The butcher.
4. What event pushed aside Tang's trepidations concerning military action against Diem?
(a) The Americans decided to discontinue their relationship with Diem.
(b) The northern government announced its readiness to act to liberate the south.
(c) Politcal action would be enough to push Diem aside.
(d) Tang believed a military victory could be possible.
5. What job did Tang take at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Commissioner of Naval Supplies in Toulon.
(b) Head of the Revolutionary Committee.
(c) Chief Comptroller for the Industry and Commerce Bank of Vietnam.
(d) Law Professor at Saigon University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred on November 11, 1960?
2. Who was Tao Thao?
3. What did Tang's pregnant wife do when both fathers demanded the couple return home?
4. What did Tang do when he was drafted by the Bao Dai government?
5. How did Albert Thao capitalize on his role of investigating army officers for disloyalty to Diem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tang's reaction upon meeting Ho Chi Minh?
2. Within three years of Diem's presidency, what was apparent about the leader concerning his political endeavors?
3. What was the main goal of the movement for self-determination?
4. Who helped Tang's father raise Tang and his five brothers?
5. What brought Tang's father and father-in-law to demand that Tang's wife return home to Vietnam?
6. What were Tang's feelings toward America when he returned to Saigon in 1955?
7. What kind of secrecy was involved in the first meeting of the NLF?
8. Why did Tang and his associates want to keep the American military from becoming involved in the Vietnamese conflict?
9. What compromise was reached for Vietnam in May of 1954?
10. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)