Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Albert Thao believe about Diem's leadership in Vietnam?
(a) Diem would hold fair elections in Vietnam.
(b) He was a puppet for the Americans.
(c) He was a strong, independent leader.
(d) He was moving toward peaceful unification of north and south.
2. What was the official name of the Vietnamese Communist Party?
(a) Tran Buu.
(b) National Liberation Front.
(c) Lao Dong.
(d) To Cong.
3. Who did Tang's father allow his sons to interact with outside of the home?
(a) No one.
(b) Neighborhood boys and teachers.
(d) Merchants in the town and people in school.
4. After the overthrow of Diem, what did Tang become director-general of?
(a) The self-determination movement.
(b) The Saigon government.
(c) The NLF.
(d) The national sugar company.
5. What did Ho Chi Minh give Tang at the end of their afternoon tea together at Montmorency?
(a) A book of Vietnamese history.
(b) An autographed photograph.
(c) A recital of Confucianist sayings.
(d) A teacup momento.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Albert Thao's family get to protect him from harm?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do when he discovered a prisoner exchange being negotiated between the Americans and the North?
3. What did Tang suspect about the historical documents used in the infancy of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
4. What movement did Tang decide to join after his meeting with Ho Chi Minh?
5. What did Tang's grandfather teach his clan each Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
2. Why was the organizing congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) held on June 6, 7 and 8, 1969?
3. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
4. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
5. How did Tang first experience racial discrimination?
6. How did the NLF gain the support of the local population near Kratie, along the western banks of the Mekong?
7. Why was Tang confused when he received a letter from his father in Chapter 3?
8. What did Article 9 out of the Paris Accord call for the creation of?
9. What were Tang's feelings toward America when he returned to Saigon in 1955?
10. What impressed Tang so much when he discovered what Ho Chi Minh was through while he met with Tang and a fellow student for tea?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)