|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tang know Albert Pham Ngoc Thao?
(a) From his meeting with Ho Chi Minh.
(b) As a good friend at the lycee.
(c) From his days in Paris.
(d) From Ben Tre Province.
2. Why did the NLF Committee meet in 1961 during Tet?
(a) Members could bring their family with them if desired.
(b) It was the best seasonal weather.
(c) Government security would be lax at that time.
(d) So the members could meet during a celebratory time of year.
3. What were Agrovilles?
(a) Villages in which to house captured enemies.
(b) A capitalistic branch of society.
(c) A government project of self-contained villages.
(d) A method of increasing revenue for farmers.
4. What religion was Ngo Dinh Diem connected with?
5. What did Tang do in regards to his pharmaceutical studies in Chapter 3?
(a) He added political science on as a double major.
(b) He abandoned them.
(c) He failed the courses.
(d) He graduated and moved on to other things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thanh Nghi famous for writing?
2. Who did Tang's small group meet by chance when they were dropped off near a jungle path on a prisoner exchange mission in Chapter 11?
3. When Ho Chi Minh explained Vietnamese history to Tang, what did he say about the French?
4. What group was Tang named as president of at the age of forty-three?
5. Why was the Northern Vietnamese government fearful of American involvement in the fighting in Vietnam in the early 1960s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tang's father tell him in an unexpected letter in 1951?
2. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
3. How did Tang come to be made chief of his neighborhood contingent of the Vanguard Youth?
4. What were Tang's feelings toward America when he returned to Saigon in 1955?
5. How did the NLF become dominated by the Communist Party and the Northern government?
6. Who helped Tang's father raise Tang and his five brothers?
7. What was the main goal of the movement for self-determination?
8. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
9. How did Tang first experience racial discrimination?
10. Why was it that the National Liberation Front was not anxious to see President Diem overthrown?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)