|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ho Chi Minh remind Tang of?
(a) His eldest brother.
(b) His school teacher.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
2. Who was the first choice for a leader of the South Vietnamese nationalist movement, though he did not accept the role?
(a) Trinh Dinh Thao.
(b) Nguyen Huu Tho.
(c) Michael Van Vi.
(d) Tran Kim Quan.
3. Why was Tang's wife allowed to visit Tang when he was imprisoned by the secret police and tortured?
(a) She would be arrested also.
(b) She agreed to encourage him to sign an admission of guilt.
(c) The police wished to torture her also, in front of Tang.
(d) The rules called for family visitors.
4. What prevented Tang from attending the First National Congress in 1962?
(a) He had an ulcer crisis.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) There were no black pajamas available for him.
(d) His connections were gone and he could not get there.
5. What was Thanh Nghi famous for writing?
(a) A novel based on Vietnamese struggles.
(b) A French-Vietnamese dictionary.
(c) A communist manifesto.
(d) A history of South Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. The moment Tang or any of his brothers displayed a weakness in any school subject, what did Tang's father do?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu expect of Nixon and Kissinger as indicated in Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following was NOT an objective of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
4. Who did Tang's wife end up bribing in order to get Tang transferred to the national police headquarters?
5. What occurred on November 11, 1960?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the South Vietnamese secret police want to get prisoners to admit to being members of the Communist Party?
2. How did Tang first experience racial discrimination?
3. Why did Tang and his associates want to keep the American military from becoming involved in the Vietnamese conflict?
4. What physical and mental condition was Tang in while a prisoner at the headquarters prison?
5. What brought Tang's father and father-in-law to demand that Tang's wife return home to Vietnam?
6. What kind of secrecy was involved in the first meeting of the NLF?
7. How did the platform of the alliance differ from that of the NLF?
8. What was Tang's reaction upon meeting Ho Chi Minh?
9. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
10. Why was Tang needed back home in 1955 more than ever in Chapter 4?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)