|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Tang's wife end up bribing in order to get Tang transferred to the national police headquarters?
(a) Prime Minister Quat.
(b) Ba Tra.
(d) The butcher.
2. Who did Bao Dai name as Prime Minister?
(a) Zhou En-Lai.
(b) Chau Van Tiep.
(c) Vo Nguyen Giap.
(d) Ngo Dinh Diem.
3. What was Tang forced to swallow during his imprisonment in Chapter 10, damaging his digestive system?
(a) Hot peppers.
(b) Strong vodka.
(c) Soapy water.
(d) A mild acid.
4. What was one of the main tenets of Tang's manifesto for the self-determination movement?
(a) People living in villages would move to the mountains.
(b) America should not intervene in Vietnam.
(c) Henry Cabot Lodge should resign from office.
(d) Ho Chi Minh would be allowed to lead North and South Vietnam.
5. Who did Tang's father allow his sons to interact with outside of the home?
(a) Merchants in the town and people in school.
(b) No one.
(d) Neighborhood boys and teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tang's early mobilization committee in Chapter 7 send Nguyen Van Hieu to Hanoi?
2. What job did Tang take at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What happened to Diem and Nhu during the coup in Chapter 6?
4. What were Agrovilles?
5. What happened to Tang ten days before Albert Thao attempted a coup on Khan's regime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Air Marshal Ky and his partner, Nguyen Van Thieu, make an attempt to disrupt Americans meeting with Dang's deputy, a cadre named Sau Ha?
2. At the celebration for the victory of the North in Saigon, Tang asked Van Tien Dung where his Vietcong divisions one, three, five, seven, and nine are. What was his answer?
3. What compromise was reached for Vietnam in May of 1954?
4. What were Tang's feelings toward America when he returned to Saigon in 1955?
5. When Tang arrived in Hanoi in 1974, after a thirty-year absence, what conditions did he encounter?
6. What did Nguyen Van Thieu make clear immediately upon Tran Van Lam's signing of the Paris accords?
7. Why did the imminent signing of a negotiation agreement in Paris fill Tang and the nationalist forces with hope and excitement?
8. What caused Tran Back Dang to lose acceptance and blight his career with the COSVN?
9. What did the NLF fighters do when they were not fighting or sick?
10. How did the NLF gain the support of the local population near Kratie, along the western banks of the Mekong?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)