|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tang suspect about the historical documents used in the infancy of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
(a) They were poorly devised.
(b) They were written by spies from Diem's regime.
(c) There might be copyright infringement problems in the future.
(d) They were entwined with Ho Chi Minh's overall political insights.
2. What was Chi Hoa?
(a) Tang's wife's name.
(b) A prison.
(c) A political meeting place.
(d) Tang's sugar company.
3. How did Ho Chi Minh ask Tang and his fellow students to refer to him?
(a) As Uncle Ho.
(b) As Mr. Minh.
(c) As Mr. President.
(d) As Sir.
4. Why did the guards forget to feed Tang and the other prisoners in the police headquarters for a couple of days in Chapter 11?
(a) There was an army attack on the headquarters.
(b) They were celebrating the Tet Mau Than, the lunar new year.
(c) The men were rioting.
(d) The food had run out.
5. What is COSVN which is described in Chapter 11?
(a) The National Liberation Front system.
(b) The Northern Vietnamese army forces.
(c) A leadership group made up of delegates from the Worker's Party.
(d) The North Vietnamese politburo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Albert Thao believe about Diem's leadership in Vietnam?
2. What punishment did the tribunal bestow upon Tang, besides prison, that may have interfered deeply with Tang's credibility within Vietnamese society?
3. What did Tang's wife do to help lessen his prison sentence in Chapter 9?
4. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
5. What is meant by the "Three Kingdoms"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tang come to be made chief of his neighborhood contingent of the Vanguard Youth?
2. Why was it that President-Designate Tho was unable to be liberated from detention in Tuy Hoa?
3. What was Tang's reaction upon meeting Ho Chi Minh?
4. Why was Ho Chi Minh's welcoming visit to the members of the alliance in Hanoi so important to them?
5. Why was it that the National Liberation Front was not anxious to see President Diem overthrown?
6. Why was Tang needed back home in 1955 more than ever in Chapter 4?
7. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
8. How did Tang's friend, Albert Thao, come to be closely involved with Ngo Dinh Diem?
9. Within three years of Diem's presidency, what was apparent about the leader concerning his political endeavors?
10. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)