|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurred on November 11, 1960?
(a) Albert Thao was discovered to be a spy.
(b) Diem's fears of a revolt were realized.
(c) Khiem refuseed to stop a revolt.
(d) Diem's brother, Nhu, was killed.
2. What did Tang do when he was drafted by the Bao Dai government?
(a) He enrolled in college.
(b) He left the country.
(c) He joined the revolution in Cambodia.
(d) He became a teacher wherever he was needed.
3. What was Diem's To Cong campaign?
(a) Jailing and execution of communist sympathizers.
(b) Diem's long run for political office.
(c) Nhu's revolutionary movement.
(d) A well-organized center of Diem's opposition.
4. What did Tang do upon receiving his second draft notice?
(a) He reacquainted himself with Ho Chi Minh.
(b) He showed up for active duty.
(c) He joined the national navy.
(d) He escaped to England.
5. After the overthrow of Diem, what did Tang become director-general of?
(a) The self-determination movement.
(b) The national sugar company.
(c) The NLF.
(d) The Saigon government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ho Chi Minh give Tang at the end of their afternoon tea together at Montmorency?
2. What was the official name of the Vietnamese Communist Party?
3. What were Agrovilles?
4. Where did the leadership of the North place its focus in the 1966 resolution?
5. What did Nguyen Van Thieu expect of Nixon and Kissinger as indicated in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the platform of the alliance differ from that of the NLF?
2. What impressed Tang so much when he discovered what Ho Chi Minh was through while he met with Tang and a fellow student for tea?
3. How did Tang come to be made chief of his neighborhood contingent of the Vanguard Youth?
4. How did Tang's friend, Albert Thao, come to be closely involved with Ngo Dinh Diem?
5. Why did Air Marshal Ky and his partner, Nguyen Van Thieu, make an attempt to disrupt Americans meeting with Dang's deputy, a cadre named Sau Ha?
6. What were defined as the broad objectives of the mobilization committee for the peace movement?
7. Within three years of Diem's presidency, what was apparent about the leader concerning his political endeavors?
8. What kind of secrecy was involved in the first meeting of the NLF?
9. What brought Tang's father and father-in-law to demand that Tang's wife return home to Vietnam?
10. Why was Ho Chi Minh's welcoming visit to the members of the alliance in Hanoi so important to them?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)