|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the main tenets of Tang's manifesto for the self-determination movement?
(a) Ho Chi Minh would be allowed to lead North and South Vietnam.
(b) People living in villages would move to the mountains.
(c) America should not intervene in Vietnam.
(d) Henry Cabot Lodge should resign from office.
2. What did the underground resistance Tang was involved with eventually evolve into?
(a) The Provisional Revolutionary Government.
(b) The North Vietnamese Army.
(c) The Demilitarized Zone.
(d) The National Liberation Front.
3. What did the flag devised for the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam later become famous as?
(a) A sign of peace for the South.
(b) The flag that anti-Vietnam War demonstrators in America displayed.
(c) A flag used on Diem's coffin.
(d) The flag of the Vietcong.
4. What did Tang's father decide to do when violence began to erupt in Saigon in 1945?
(a) Join the armed forces.
(b) Move the family to Thailand.
(c) Ship his sons off to Paris.
(d) Evacuate the family to the provinces.
5. What was the first job Tang got in France after his parents stopped sending him money?
(a) Bus Driver.
(b) Political Assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Tang's wife end up bribing in order to get Tang transferred to the national police headquarters?
2. What did Tang's father threaten to do in Chapter 3?
3. Who was Thuy Ba?
4. Who did Albert Thao's family get to protect him from harm?
5. Which of the following was NOT an objective of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Albert Thao end up staying with Tang for three days in Chapter 6?
2. Why was Tang confused when he received a letter from his father in Chapter 3?
3. Why were Nixon and Kissinger unable to comprehend the issues in Vietnam that prevented an American success there?
4. Why did the South Vietnamese secret police want to get prisoners to admit to being members of the Communist Party?
5. How did the COSVN/PRG decide to deal with their recent enemies of the South at the end of the war?
6. How did the members of the PRG survive and live in their rough circumstances?
7. What was the new attitude seen first from the North toward the alliance as exhibited in Chapter 16?
8. Why had escaping Vietnam by boat become a great topic of conversation in the first days following northern liberation?
9. Why was it that President-Designate Tho was unable to be liberated from detention in Tuy Hoa?
10. How did Tang first experience racial discrimination?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)