|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tang's father send Tang's fiance and her father to Paris?
(a) To threaten him with violence.
(b) So Tang and she can marry.
(c) To give him grandchildren quickly.
(d) To persuade Tang to return home immediately.
2. What did Albert Thao and Tang finally speak to each other about in Chapter 6?
(a) The Diem regime's power.
(b) Their involvement with the NLF.
(c) The American government.
(d) Tran Van Don's French ties.
3. What job did Tang take at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Head of the Revolutionary Committee.
(b) Commissioner of Naval Supplies in Toulon.
(c) Chief Comptroller for the Industry and Commerce Bank of Vietnam.
(d) Law Professor at Saigon University.
4. What was the turning point for those who finally decided to take political action and join the Alliance of National, Democratic and Peace Forces?
(a) The violence of Tet.
(b) The coup in Saigon.
(c) The American's involvement in Vietnam.
(d) The threat of nuclear warfare.
5. What job did Tang take at the Societe Sucriere?
(a) Director General.
(b) Chief Opearting Officer.
(c) Public Relations Manager.
(d) Head Accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tang know Albert Pham Ngoc Thao?
2. What military position did Diem assign to Albert Thao?
3. Who did Albert Thao's family get to protect him from harm?
4. What was Thanh Nghi famous for writing?
5. What did Albert Thao believe about Diem's leadership in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it that the National Liberation Front was not anxious to see President Diem overthrown?
2. Why did Air Marshal Ky and his partner, Nguyen Van Thieu, make an attempt to disrupt Americans meeting with Dang's deputy, a cadre named Sau Ha?
3. What was it about Ba Tra, one of Tang's support personnel in the Young People's Association, that disturbed Tang?
4. Who helped Tang's father raise Tang and his five brothers?
5. What did Tang's father tell him in an unexpected letter in 1951?
6. What brought Tang's father and father-in-law to demand that Tang's wife return home to Vietnam?
7. Why did Tang decide to join the national navy upon receiving another draft notice in Chapter 4?
8. Why was Tang needed back home in 1955 more than ever in Chapter 4?
9. How did Tang come to be made chief of his neighborhood contingent of the Vanguard Youth?
10. Why was Tang confused when he received a letter from his father in Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)