|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the dates of June 6th through 8th chosen to organize the congress for the Provisional Revolutionary Government?
(a) The dates are anniversaries of grandparents' deaths.
(b) To commemmorate the founding of the NLF.
(c) To upstage a Nixon-Thieu meeting being held on Midway Island.
(d) To honor Ho Chi Minh's birthday.
2. What nickname did Madame Phat receive after she spoke of her debt of gratitude to the Party?
(a) Proletariat Phat.
(b) Guardian of the Pagoda.
(c) Keeper of Bourgeois Reality.
(d) Humorless Madame Phat.
3. Why were both Nixon and Kissinger unable to formulate policies that would frustrate the strategies of the North?
(a) The American press was against them.
(b) The policies involved only air raids.
(c) They could not think about the war in the same way as their enemy could.
(d) They did not possess enough weaponry to overcome the North.
4. What set the PRG leaders apart from the rest of the organization?
(a) Their extra food rations.
(b) The absence of fear.
(c) The extra pairs of pajamas they received.
(d) Their access to information.
5. What position in the Provisional Revolutionary Government did Tang receive?
(a) Minister of the Interior.
(b) Minister of Justice.
(c) Foreign Minister.
(d) Cabinet Secretary.
6. On the day of celebration at Independence Palace Square to celebrate the Vietnamese victory at last, which military units were the last to appear in the parade?
(a) The North Vietnamese Army.
(b) The Vietcong units.
(c) The Democratic Republic of North Vietnam.
(d) The Soviet Army.
7. What did Tang ultimately decide to do about the Communist takeover of his land?
(a) Join an underground revolution.
(b) Continue to live in seclusion.
(c) Join the government.
(d) Leave the country.
8. Which unit member was very popular for what he could provide the guerrillas with?
(a) The leadership cadre.
(b) The cook.
(c) The supply cadre.
(d) The finance cadre.
9. What did the Party ideologues decide the NLF troops should do for three months in Kratie?
(a) Study the fine points of Marxism-Leninism.
(b) Make plans for future attacks on the ARVN.
(c) Exhibit Buddhist and Confucian spirituality.
(d) Study the peace talks ongoing in Paris.
10. What was the reason behind the National Council of National Reconciliation and Concord as described in Article 9 of the Paris Accords?
(a) To engage Vietnam's military operatives.
(b) To have Thieu retreat from dismantling his government.
(c) To resolve Vietnam's domestic problems through political means.
(d) To isolate Thieu.
11. What was Ba Cap's personality like?
(a) Well-liked and personable.
(b) Quiet and studious.
(c) Abrasive and vociferous.
(d) Good-tempered and funny.
12. In what way did the Saigon forces utilize the PRG's relative passivity to their advantage in Chapter 18?
(a) They fought to gain land and population in PRG areas of control.
(b) The PRG's passivity was ignored completely.
(c) They publicly agreed with the PRG's stance.
(d) The Saigon forces had no way to gain advantages due to the PRG's passiveness.
13. As long as American strength supported the Saigon government, how did the NLF feel about the idea of total victory?
(a) Wistful and vague.
(c) A soon-to-be-accomplished goal.
(d) Determined to win.
14. What was the motto for Dung's opportune moment of a campaign on the assault of Saigon in April, 1974?
(a) "Human Liberation for the People."
(b) "Fighting and Talking."
(c) "Marvelous Speed, Boldness, Surprise, and Certain Victory."
(d) "Public Enthusiasm and Western Humiliation At All Costs."
15. What did the Western delegates at the International Association of Democratic Jurists in Algeria do to surprise Tang in Chapter 20?
(a) They showed a lack of manners when refusing to acknowledge the PRG.
(b) They cheered on America's military greatness in his presence.
(c) They showed fervid public enthusiasm at America's humiliation.
(d) They feted the Party and ignored the PRG.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tran Back Dang get himself in trouble with the COSVN in Chapter 19?
2. What did Tang and his colleagues find to be the necessary connection between Marxism and independence?
3. What was the most popular weaponry used in the Front?
4. What was the main goal of the Provisional Revolutionary Government, organized in 1969?
5. When the Ho Chi Minh trail was originally blazed in 1959, how many kilometers were the fighters expected to be able to advance every day?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)