|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tang do upon receiving his second draft notice?
(a) He showed up for active duty.
(b) He escaped to England.
(c) He joined the national navy.
(d) He reacquainted himself with Ho Chi Minh.
2. What did Tang suspect about the historical documents used in the infancy of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam?
(a) They were written by spies from Diem's regime.
(b) They were entwined with Ho Chi Minh's overall political insights.
(c) There might be copyright infringement problems in the future.
(d) They were poorly devised.
3. Why did Tang's early mobilization committee in Chapter 7 send Nguyen Van Hieu to Hanoi?
(a) To plan a mass emigration to America.
(b) To discuss assassination plans for Diem.
(c) To gain support from their Northern compatriots.
(d) To rid themselves of Hieu.
4. What job did Tang take at the Societe Sucriere?
(a) Director General.
(b) Head Accountant.
(c) Public Relations Manager.
(d) Chief Opearting Officer.
5. What military position did Diem assign to Albert Thao?
6. What were Agrovilles?
(a) A method of increasing revenue for farmers.
(b) A government project of self-contained villages.
(c) Villages in which to house captured enemies.
(d) A capitalistic branch of society.
7. Who was Tao Thao?
(a) A North Vietnamese general.
(b) A legendary king in China.
(c) A refugee from the South.
(d) An enemy of the alliance.
8. What did Albert Thao and Tang finally speak to each other about in Chapter 6?
(a) Tran Van Don's French ties.
(b) Their involvement with the NLF.
(c) The American government.
(d) The Diem regime's power.
9. Who did Albert Thao's family get to protect him from harm?
(a) Tang's family.
(c) Vinh Long.
(d) Bishop Thuc.
10. What happened to Diem and Nhu during the coup in Chapter 6?
(a) They were able to subdue the coup and retake control.
(b) They were killed outside a church.
(c) They begged for their lives inside the Palace.
(d) They were imprisoned in Saigon.
11. What was the official name of the Vietnamese Communist Party?
(a) Tran Buu.
(b) To Cong.
(c) National Liberation Front.
(d) Lao Dong.
12. What movement did Tang decide to join after his meeting with Ho Chi Minh?
(a) The Fourth Republic.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) Vietnamese independence.
(d) The Tet Offensive.
13. After the overthrow of Diem, what did Tang become director-general of?
(a) The NLF.
(b) The self-determination movement.
(c) The national sugar company.
(d) The Saigon government.
14. In Chapter 3, what did Tang become more and more involved with in Paris?
(a) His pharmacy studies.
(b) Agitation against the war.
(c) British culture.
(d) His fiance from Vietnam.
15. What is COSVN which is described in Chapter 11?
(a) The National Liberation Front system.
(b) The Northern Vietnamese army forces.
(c) The North Vietnamese politburo.
(d) A leadership group made up of delegates from the Worker's Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang do when he was drafted by the Bao Dai government?
2. When a revolution in Saigon took place in 1945, which group did Tang join?
3. How did Albert Thao become a trusted member of Diem's administration?
4. How did Tang meet his second wife?
5. What was Tang forced to swallow during his imprisonment in Chapter 10, damaging his digestive system?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)