|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ho Chi Minh explained Vietnamese history to Tang, what did he say about the French?
(a) The French and the Chinese were fighting the Vietnamese.
(b) France had always been Vietnam's ally.
(c) France had used Vietnam as a slave state.
(d) The French were helping Vietnam to develop the country.
2. What did Albert Thao believe about Diem's leadership in Vietnam?
(a) Diem would hold fair elections in Vietnam.
(b) He was a strong, independent leader.
(c) He was moving toward peaceful unification of north and south.
(d) He was a puppet for the Americans.
3. What did Tang's father decide to do when violence began to erupt in Saigon in 1945?
(a) Move the family to Thailand.
(b) Join the armed forces.
(c) Evacuate the family to the provinces.
(d) Ship his sons off to Paris.
4. Why was the Northern Vietnamese government fearful of American involvement in the fighting in Vietnam in the early 1960s?
(a) They had no firearms for a counterattack.
(b) The Chinese would then become involved.
(c) A nuclear bomb attack was anticipated.
(d) Chances for a peaceful, negotiated settlement would vanish.
5. What group was Tang named as president of at the age of forty-three?
(a) Young People's Association of South Vietnam.
(b) Ho Chi Minh's Youth.
(c) The Youth Movement.
(d) The Vanguard Youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Tang first subjected to racial prejudice?
2. What term does Truong Nhu Tang use to describe his childhood?
3. What was Thanh Nghi famous for writing?
4. How were Phat's commandos able to lure Tho's prison guards away in Chapter 7?
5. Why did Tang's father send Tang's fiance and her father to Paris?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)