|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Albert Thao and Tang finally speak to each other about in Chapter 6?
(a) Their involvement with the NLF.
(b) The Diem regime's power.
(c) The American government.
(d) Tran Van Don's French ties.
2. Why did the guards forget to feed Tang and the other prisoners in the police headquarters for a couple of days in Chapter 11?
(a) The food had run out.
(b) There was an army attack on the headquarters.
(c) They were celebrating the Tet Mau Than, the lunar new year.
(d) The men were rioting.
3. Who was Tao Thao?
(a) A legendary king in China.
(b) A refugee from the South.
(c) A North Vietnamese general.
(d) An enemy of the alliance.
4. What did Tang do in regards to his pharmaceutical studies in Chapter 3?
(a) He added political science on as a double major.
(b) He graduated and moved on to other things.
(c) He failed the courses.
(d) He abandoned them.
5. What is meant by the "Three Kingdoms"?
(a) The main Vietnamese religion.
(b) A Vietnamese moral tale.
(c) A respectful way to end the war.
(d) The story behind the founding of the NLF.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Albert Thao's family get to protect him from harm?
2. What was Chi Hoa?
3. What form of torture did Tang endure in Chapter 10, causing great pain to his eyes?
4. Why did Tang and his compatriots refuse the radio being offered to them by the Americans readying them for a prisoner exchange?
5. What was one of the main tenets of Tang's manifesto for the self-determination movement?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)