|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Albert Thao become a trusted member of Diem's administration?
(a) He was able to bribe imporant officials.
(b) He was thought of as a repentant former communist by a priest.
(c) He trusted no one.
(d) He changed his political views completely.
2. What career did Tang's father decide Tang should pursue?
3. When Tang was arrested in Chapter 10, what was he accused of?
(a) Being a Communist Party member.
(b) Being head of the NLF.
(c) Being too wealthly.
(d) Conspiring to assassinate the president.
4. What is meant by the "Three Kingdoms"?
(a) A Vietnamese moral tale.
(b) The main Vietnamese religion.
(c) A respectful way to end the war.
(d) The story behind the founding of the NLF.
5. Why did Tang's early mobilization committee in Chapter 7 send Nguyen Van Hieu to Hanoi?
(a) To discuss assassination plans for Diem.
(b) To plan a mass emigration to America.
(c) To rid themselves of Hieu.
(d) To gain support from their Northern compatriots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tang know Albert Pham Ngoc Thao?
2. What did Tang's father decide to do when violence began to erupt in Saigon in 1945?
3. What was Nixon's "Vietnamization" as the NLF saw it?
4. Who was Thuy Ba?
5. What job did Tang take at the Societe Sucriere?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)