|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was Tang named as president of at the age of forty-three?
(a) The Youth Movement.
(b) Ho Chi Minh's Youth.
(c) The Vanguard Youth.
(d) Young People's Association of South Vietnam.
2. How were Phat's commandos able to lure Tho's prison guards away in Chapter 7?
(a) Phat's men lured the guards away with liquor.
(b) The guards were murdered one by one.
(c) The prison turned out to be unmanned by guards.
(d) The guard's relatives called them away with various family emergencies.
3. What were "elephant's intestines?"
(a) The belts on the guerrillas' pajamas.
(b) Moneys cooked in a pot.
(c) Poisonous snakes.
(d) Long tubes of rolled cotton.
4. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do when he discovered a prisoner exchange being negotiated between the Americans and the North?
(a) He had Sau Ha, Dang's deputy, arrested.
(b) He was in favor of the program and promoted it.
(c) He told the Americans to pull out of his country.
(d) He resigned his position.
5. What punishment did the tribunal bestow upon Tang, besides prison, that may have interfered deeply with Tang's credibility within Vietnamese society?
(a) His driver's license was revoked.
(b) A hefty monetary fine.
(c) Suspension from his job.
(d) A newspaper editorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tang do upon receiving his second draft notice?
2. What was Diem preoccupied with throughout his regime?
3. What happened when the city of Hue was taken by the NLF and Northern troops in January, 1968?
4. Who did Tang's father allow his sons to interact with outside of the home?
5. What did Tang's father ask him in a letter towards the end of 1951?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)