|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the province of Ben Tre become peaceful as opposed to its violent reputation?
(a) Albert Thao became its province chief.
(b) Villages were set up there to control the people.
(c) The Vietcong could not infiltrate the area.
(d) Diem bombed the area.
2. What did Albert Thao and Tang finally speak to each other about in Chapter 6?
(a) The American government.
(b) Their involvement with the NLF.
(c) Tran Van Don's French ties.
(d) The Diem regime's power.
3. What did Tang's father ask him in a letter towards the end of 1951?
(a) To return to his ex-wife and child.
(b) To join the army and fight for Saigon.
(c) For forgiveness.
(d) To return home and help him financially.
4. Where did the leadership of the North place its focus in the 1966 resolution?
(a) On Tang, himself.
(b) On mobilizing the masses.
(c) On getting better weaponry.
(d) Upon young people.
5. What did Tang's grandfather teach his clan each Sunday?
(a) The precepts of Confucian ethics.
(b) How to achieve artistic development.
(c) The elements of political regimes.
(d) A proper Vietnamese diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Montagnards' village populations forced by Diem's troops out of the mountains and into the valleys, separating them from their ancestral lands and graves?
2. What did Nguyen Van Thieu do when he discovered a prisoner exchange being negotiated between the Americans and the North?
3. What movement did Tang decide to join after his meeting with Ho Chi Minh?
4. When Tang was arrested in Chapter 10, what was he accused of?
5. What was the best-known Ho Chi Minh slogan?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)