|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jean Paget think about Harman had they met under other circumstances?
(a) that his memory would keep her from ever marrying
(b) that they would never have talked to one another
(c) that they probably would not like one another
(d) that things might have been different between them
2. How do Jean and Mrs. Horsefall manage to communicate with the Japanese?
(a) speaking Malay
(b) hand signals
(c) an English/Japanese dictionary
3. Why does Sugamo order that Harman be removed from the tree and taken to a hospital?
(a) Sugamo cannot fulfill his last wish and thus show Bushido
(b) Sugamo has a change of heart and remorseful
(c) Sugamo fears he might be reprimanded for torturing a prisonerd
(d) Sugamo wants the natives to see his kindness
4. What is Mrs. Frith's suggestion for the group?
(a) that they go on a hunger strike
(b) that they seduce their Japanese guards
(c) that they find a village and settle there
(d) that they demand a truck to carry them
5. What was one of Donald's medical problems in the Camp 206 hospital?
(a) a huge, poisonous tropical ulcer on his leg
(b) a bullet wound to the head
(c) a crushed right lig
(d) a strange virus the doctors had never heard of
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean ask about while visiting with the reporter?
2. Who brings a doctor to examine the group?
3. How long does Jean say the women stayed in Kuala Telang?
4. How many Japanese guards are assigned to the women and children?
5. What does Jean assure Mat Amin bin Taib the women no longer need?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)