|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Jean the idea of making shoes?
(a) her own personal shoe fetish
(b) her past experience working at Pack and Levy
(c) seeing how expensive shoes are in Australia
(d) watching Australians going barefoot
2. What is the essence of Capt. Yoniata's lecture to the prisoners?
(a) how Japan will conquer the world
(b) they will be executed at dawn
(c) they should all learn Japanese language
(d) obeying orders and doing good things
3. By Asahan, how many of the women have died?
4. What does Harman say about the town of Willstown now that Jean is there?
(a) it will never change no matter what she brings in
(b) it will be where they build a house
(c) it will soon be as good as Alice Springs
(d) it will need a railroad line soon
5. What happens on Boxing Day?
(a) the first shoes go out to London
(b) the torrential rains come
(c) Joe falls and breaks his leg
(d) Jean closes the milk bar
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean get a final look at the construction at Kuala Telang?
2. Who are David and Joyce Bowen?
3. Who shows up to berate the sergeant for not marching farther?
4. Who are the prisoners being held by the Japanese?
5. What has Jean purchased for her Sunday visit at Midhurst?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)