|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Warner provide for the children?
(a) dolls and toys make from bamboo
(b) school lessons on free days
(c) a soccer ball made from palm leaves
(d) sweets made from cocount sugar
2. Why do the Japanese agree to let the women stay and work in the fields?
(a) it will make it easier to guard them
(b) it will produce more rice for them
(c) it will teach them a lesson about obedience
(d) it will give them time to find a truck
3. What does Dr. Ferris say relieved a bit of the grimness of Camp 206?
(a) the gentle rain in the area
(b) the fresh water from a natural spring
(c) the entertainments brought in
(d) the beauty of Three Pagodas Pass
4. Why is it easy for Jean to get a job in Kuala Lumpur?
(a) she has a master's degree
(b) she is very attractive
(c) there are few English girls who can speak Malay
(d) her father has great connections
5. Where are Jean and Harman finally reunited?
(a) at the airport in Cairns
(b) on the dock at Brisbane
(c) at the train station in Rockhampton
(d) at the construction site in Willstown
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of Jean's funds being held in trust?
2. Why is the Japanese sergeant disgraced?
3. What happens when the Japanese near Kuala Lumpur?
4. How long does Jean say the women stayed in Kuala Telang?
5. Where does Strachan take Jean at the conclusion of their first visit?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)