|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who exits the large Customs launch Jean hopes will take her to singapore?
(a) prisoners of war
(b) her father
(c) Japanese soldiers
(d) Japanese sympathizers
2. What does Jean ask about while visiting with the reporter?
(a) local customs
(b) Alice Springs
(c) the economic picture of the region
3. What is the name of the reporter of the Sydney Monitor who offers Paget a lift to the Darwin Hotel?
(a) Art Foster
(b) Stuart Hopkinson
(c) Hal Porter
(d) Daly Waters
4. What happens with the sergeant at the end of August in Kuala Telang?
(a) he comes down with malaria
(b) he runs away
(c) he shoots himself in the head
(d) he joins another Japanese unit
5. For what do they conclude Joe Harman had given them reason to hope?
(a) that they will again see homes and husbands
(b) that they might find other kind people
(c) that they would not be punished for stealing
(d) that their one guard would leave them alone
Short Answer Questions
1. How are they told they must get to Singapore?
2. In the hospital, how had Joe referred to Jean Paget?
3. What does Strachan send to Jean in Willstown?
4. Why does Jean sit on the steps outside the bar while Whelan seals the contract with the Shire Clerk?
5. Why do townspeople hope that Jean will put in a shoe manufacturing business?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)