Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
3. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
4. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
5. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of slave songs in Cesaire's play. In what context are these songs used and what do they symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Prospero and compare him to two other characters of your choice. How does he relate to these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the theme of power is present in Cesaire's play. Provide three specific examples of where this theme is demonstrated and in what context.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)