|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
2. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
3. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
4. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
5. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
2. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
3. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
4. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
5. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
6. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
7. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
8. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
9. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
10. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two conflicts within Cesaire's play and discuss how these conflicts aid in the creation of two different characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Cesaire presents the theme of mercy in his play and in what context.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the theme of power is present in Cesaire's play. Provide three specific examples of where this theme is demonstrated and in what context.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)