|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
2. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
3. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
4. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
5. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Cesaire's personal history leads him to create this play.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term Prologue and discuss how Cesaire uses the Prologue to introduce the audience to his play.
Essay Topic 3
How does Cesaire demonstrate the differences between the uncultivated world of the island and the cultured world of Europe. What message is he attempting to deliver through these contrasts?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)