|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
2. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
3. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
4. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
5. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Gonzalo and compare his actions to one other character. How do the interactions with this other character enhance the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Cesaire presents the theme of mercy in his play and in what context.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Cesaire's personal history leads him to create this play.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)