|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
2. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
3. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
4. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
5. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
Essay Topic 1
How does Cesaire demonstrate the differences between the uncultivated world of the island and the cultured world of Europe. What message is he attempting to deliver through these contrasts?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term foreshadowing and provide three examples of how foreshadowing is used in this play.
Essay Topic 3
Does Cesaire resolve the issues he presents in his play? Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play and what you believe is the significance of this relationship.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)