Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
3. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
4. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
5. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
Essay Topic 1
Define plot and subplot. What is the central plot in Cesaire's play and what is the subplot? Site specific examples from the play to prove your argument. How do the plot and subplot help reveal Cesaire's central theme to the audience?
Essay Topic 2
Which character says "It takes all kinds to make a world"? Where in the play is this line spoken and in what context? What is the symbolism of this quote?
Essay Topic 3
What role do fools play in Cesaire's play? Who are the fools in this play? How do they interact with each other? Choose one other character in the play and describe how the character interacts with the fools.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)