|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
2. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
3. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
4. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
5. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
2. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
3. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
4. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
5. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
6. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
7. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
8. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
9. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
10. Describe the God Eshu.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term Prologue and discuss how Cesaire uses the Prologue to introduce the audience to his play.
Essay Topic 3
How does colonization and the anti-colonization movement present itself in Cesaire's adaptation of this play? Cite specific examples from the text to prove your argument.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)