|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does 3.3 open?
2. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
3. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
4. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
5. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
2. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
3. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
4. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
5. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
6. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
7. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
8. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
9. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
10. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the scene where Gonzalo reveals his opinions about colonizing the island. How does it relate to Cesaire's message of anti-colonization?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two conflicts within Cesaire's play and discuss how these conflicts aid in the creation of two different characters.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Caliban and Ariel's views of slavery. How do their differing opinions aid Cesaire's message in the play?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)