|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
2. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
3. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
4. What does Prospero tell the nobles in 3.4 will be returned to them?
5. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
2. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
3. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
4. Describe the God Eshu.
5. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
6. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
7. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
8. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
9. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
10. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Cesaire's personal history leads him to create this play.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two conflicts within Cesaire's play and discuss how these conflicts aid in the creation of two different characters.
Essay Topic 3
Which character says "It takes all kinds to make a world"? Where in the play is this line spoken and in what context? What is the symbolism of this quote?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)