|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2.3, what time does Antonio say it is?
2. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
3. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
4. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
5. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
2. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
3. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
4. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
5. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
6. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
7. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
8. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
9. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
10. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Cesaire demonstrate the differences between the uncultivated world of the island and the cultured world of Europe. What message is he attempting to deliver through these contrasts?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of power is present in Cesaire's play. Provide three specific examples of where this theme is demonstrated and in what context.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Gonzalo and compare his actions to one other character. How do the interactions with this other character enhance the plot?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)