|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
2. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
3. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
4. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
5. Who is Ferdinand going to christen in 3.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
2. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
3. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
4. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
5. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
6. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
7. Describe the God Eshu.
8. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
9. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
10. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the scene where Gonzalo reveals his opinions about colonizing the island. How does it relate to Cesaire's message of anti-colonization?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Gonzalo and compare his actions to one other character. How do the interactions with this other character enhance the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Caliban and Ariel's views of slavery. How do their differing opinions aid Cesaire's message in the play?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)