|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
2. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
3. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
4. What does Miranda accuse Ferdinand of at the start of 3.5?
5. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
2. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
3. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
4. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
5. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
6. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
7. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
8. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
9. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
10. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Cesaire resolve the issues he presents in his play? Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play and what you believe is the significance of this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of slave songs in Cesaire's play. In what context are these songs used and what do they symbolize?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)