|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
2. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
3. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
4. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
5. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
2. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
3. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
4. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
5. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
6. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
7. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
8. Describe the God Eshu.
9. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
10. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term foreshadowing and provide three examples of how foreshadowing is used in this play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of power is present in Cesaire's play. Provide three specific examples of where this theme is demonstrated and in what context.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Gonzalo and compare his actions to one other character. How do the interactions with this other character enhance the plot?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)