|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
3. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
4. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
5. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
2. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
3. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
4. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
5. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
6. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
7. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
8. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
9. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
10. Describe the God Eshu.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Cesaire resolve the issues he presents in his play? Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play and what you believe is the significance of this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of power is present in Cesaire's play. Provide three specific examples of where this theme is demonstrated and in what context.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term foreshadowing and provide three examples of how foreshadowing is used in this play.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)