|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
2. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
3. Who does Prospero order to complete Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
4. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
5. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
2. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
3. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
4. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
5. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
6. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
7. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
8. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
9. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
10. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character says "It takes all kinds to make a world"? Where in the play is this line spoken and in what context? What is the symbolism of this quote?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Caliban and Ariel's views of slavery. How do their differing opinions aid Cesaire's message in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term Prologue and discuss how Cesaire uses the Prologue to introduce the audience to his play.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)