|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
2. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
3. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
4. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
5. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Cesaire demonstrate the differences between the uncultivated world of the island and the cultured world of Europe. What message is he attempting to deliver through these contrasts?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Cesaire choose to adapt a play by Shakespeare to deliver his message to an audience? How does he stay true to Shakespeare's play and where does he change things? What is the benefit of this?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Caliban and Ariel's views of slavery. How do their differing opinions aid Cesaire's message in the play?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)