|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
(a) Miranda and Prospero.
(b) The king.
(c) Two spirits.
2. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(a) Trinculo and Spencer.
3. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(a) Make predictions.
4. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
(b) Racks of beef.
(c) Bottles of wine.
(d) Glass trinkets.
5. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
(b) Lunch time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
2. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
3. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
4. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
5. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
2. Describe the God Eshu.
3. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
4. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
5. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
6. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
7. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
8. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
9. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
10. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)