|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pities Ferdinand in 3.1?
2. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
3. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(a) A haircut.
(c) To be civilized.
(d) To be hobbled.
4. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A box.
(b) A song.
(c) A set of dishes.
(d) A wand.
5. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
(a) For coming without an invitation.
(b) For not saying hello.
(c) For not taking off his shoes.
(d) For scaring his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
2. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
3. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
4. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
5. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
2. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
3. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
4. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
5. Describe the God Eshu.
6. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
7. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
8. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
9. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
10. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)