|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A song.
(b) A wand.
(c) A set of dishes.
(d) A box.
2. Who does Prospero order to complete Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
3. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
(a) The other men sleeping.
(b) The other men eating.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) A bear.
4. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(c) Trinculo and Spencer.
5. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a Devil.
(b) Like a King.
(c) Like a servant.
(d) Like a God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
2. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
3. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
4. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
5. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
2. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
3. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
4. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
5. Describe the God Eshu.
6. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
7. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
8. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
9. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
10. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)