|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
2. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
3. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
(a) Ask him to dinner.
(b) Sell him to a carnival.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Make him his brother.
4. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
(b) Sebastian and Antonio.
5. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His leg.
(b) His ship.
(c) His arm.
(d) His rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
2. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
3. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
4. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
5. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
2. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
3. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
4. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
5. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
6. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
7. Describe the God Eshu.
8. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
9. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
10. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)