|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
2. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He eats before the other men.
(b) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(c) He snores.
(d) He was the one that got them into this mess.
3. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
(a) Zeus and Athena.
(b) Juno and Ceres.
4. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
(a) The other men sleeping.
(b) The other men eating.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) A bear.
5. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
2. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
3. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
4. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
5. In 3.1, who offers to help Ferdinand with his task?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
2. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
3. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
4. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
5. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
6. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
7. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
8. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
9. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
10. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)