|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Show him at a carnival.
(d) Dine with him.
2. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
3. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
4. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
5. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(c) Make predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
2. What does Prospero tell the nobles in 3.4 will be returned to them?
3. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
4. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
5. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
2. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
3. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
4. Describe the God Eshu.
5. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
6. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
7. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
8. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
9. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
10. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)