|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
(a) To scare them.
(b) To impress them.
(c) Because he can.
(d) To threaten them.
2. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(c) Trinculo and Spencer.
3. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(b) He eats before the other men.
(c) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(d) He snores.
4. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(a) Not taking control of the island.
(b) Not marrying Miranda.
(c) Wronging Prospero.
5. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
(a) Life changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
3. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
4. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
5. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
2. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
3. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
4. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
5. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
6. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
7. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
8. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
9. Describe the God Eshu.
10. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)