|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A battle song.
(b) A children's folk song.
(c) A hymn.
(d) Joy to the World.
3. What does Caliban lament at the end of 3.4?
(a) The lack of food.
(b) The weather.
(c) The snakes.
(d) That he is surrounded by idiots.
4. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
5. What does Prospero tell the nobles in 3.4 will be returned to them?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their slaves.
(d) Their ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
2. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
3. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
4. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
5. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
2. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
3. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
4. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
5. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
6. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
7. Describe the God Eshu.
8. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
9. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
10. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)