|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Caliban and Ariel.
(c) Ariel and Alfonso.
(d) Miranda and Ferdinand.
2. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
(a) The other men eating.
(b) A bear.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) The other men sleeping.
3. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
(a) Sebastian and Antonio.
4. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
(b) They scream.
(c) They giggle.
(d) They cry.
5. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(a) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
2. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
3. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
4. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
5. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
2. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
3. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
4. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
5. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
6. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
7. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
8. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
9. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
10. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)