|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
2. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
3. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
4. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
5. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(d) Make predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
2. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
3. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
4. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
5. Who do Miranda and Ferdinand receive a blessing from in 3.4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
2. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
3. Describe the God Eshu.
4. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
5. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
6. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
7. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
8. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
9. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
10. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)