|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A hymn.
(b) A battle song.
(c) Joy to the World.
(d) A children's folk song.
2. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
3. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
4. What does Caliban chase away at the start of 3.4?
(c) Small children.
(d) Venemous animals.
5. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
(c) Celebrate the contract of love.
(d) Celebrate the new baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
2. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
3. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
4. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
5. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
2. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
3. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
4. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
5. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
6. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
7. Describe the God Eshu.
8. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
9. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
10. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)