|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Caliban and Ariel.
(d) Ariel and Alfonso.
2. In 3.1, who offers to help Ferdinand with his task?
3. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
4. In 2.3, what time does Antonio say it is?
(a) Time to shake the coconut palm.
(b) Time to eat.
(c) Time to bust a rhyme.
5. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
(a) Ask him to dinner.
(b) Knight him.
(c) Make him his brother.
(d) Sell him to a carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
2. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
3. What does Caliban lament at the end of 3.4?
4. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
5. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
2. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
3. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
4. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
5. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
6. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
7. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
8. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
9. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
10. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)