|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
2. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Ariel and Alfonso.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Caliban and Ariel.
(d) Miranda and Caliban.
3. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
4. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
(a) Athena and Zeus.
(b) Zeus and Prometheus.
(c) Juno, Ceres, and Iris.
(d) Juno, Zeus, and Athena.
5. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
(a) The rain.
(b) His lack of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
2. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
3. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
4. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
5. What are the voices yelling about when 3.4 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
2. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
3. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
4. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
5. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
6. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
7. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
8. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
9. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
10. Describe the God Eshu.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)