|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
(a) The truth about Prospero.
(b) Miranda's name.
(c) The secret to life.
(d) How to escape the island.
2. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is afraid of her father.
(d) She is shy.
3. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
(d) Lunch time.
4. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
5. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
(a) A sword.
(b) Colorful clothes.
(c) A stick.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
2. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
3. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
4. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
5. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
2. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
3. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
4. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
5. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
6. Describe the God Eshu.
7. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
8. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
9. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
10. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)