|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
2. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
3. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His leg.
(b) His rank.
(c) His arm.
(d) His ship.
4. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
5. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
2. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
3. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
4. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
5. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
2. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
3. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
4. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
5. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
6. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
7. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
8. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
9. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
10. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)