|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
(a) To scare them.
(b) To threaten them.
(c) To impress them.
(d) Because he can.
2. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She is afraid of her father.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She loves him.
3. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
(a) For coming without an invitation.
(b) For scaring his daughter.
(c) For not saying hello.
(d) For not taking off his shoes.
4. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
(a) How to escape the island.
(b) The secret to life.
(c) The truth about Prospero.
(d) Miranda's name.
5. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A set of dishes.
(b) A song.
(c) A wand.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
2. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
3. In 2.3, what time does Antonio say it is?
4. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
5. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
2. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
3. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
4. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
5. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
6. Describe the God Eshu.
7. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
8. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
9. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
10. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)