|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Caliban and Ariel.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Miranda and Caliban.
(d) Ariel and Alfonso.
2. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
(b) Lunch time.
3. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
(a) To threaten them.
(b) Because he can.
(c) To scare them.
(d) To impress them.
4. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
(a) Miranda's name.
(b) The truth about Prospero.
(c) The secret to life.
(d) How to escape the island.
5. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(b) He eats before the other men.
(c) He snores.
(d) He was the one that got them into this mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
2. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
3. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
4. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
5. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
2. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
3. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
4. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
5. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
6. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
7. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
8. Describe the God Eshu.
9. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
10. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)