|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(d) Trinculo and Spencer.
2. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(b) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(c) He eats before the other men.
(d) He snores.
3. What does Miranda accuse Ferdinand of at the start of 3.5?
(a) Conspiring against her father.
(c) An affair.
4. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Ariel and Alfonso.
(c) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
5. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Show him at a carnival.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Dine with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.2 where does Caliban sleep?
2. What animal does Trinculo complain about in 3.4?
3. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
4. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
5. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
2. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
3. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
4. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
5. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
6. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
7. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
8. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
9. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
10. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)