|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
(a) His lack of money.
(c) The rain.
2. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(a) To be hobbled.
(c) A haircut.
(d) To be civilized.
3. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
(a) An engagement.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A feast.
(d) A funeral.
4. Where does 3.3 open?
(a) A caste.
(b) Prospero's cave.
(c) Prospero's mansion.
(d) The beach.
5. What does Caliban lament at the end of 3.4?
(a) That he is surrounded by idiots.
(b) The lack of food.
(c) The weather.
(d) The snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
3. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
4. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
5. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
2. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
3. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
4. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
5. What do the two spirits yell about in 3.4?
6. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
7. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
8. Describe the God Eshu.
9. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
10. Why does Stephano say in 3.2 that he is no longer prejudiced against shipwrecks?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)