|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
2. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
(a) They scream.
(b) They cry.
(c) They giggle.
3. Where does 3.3 open?
(a) Prospero's cave.
(b) A caste.
(c) The beach.
(d) Prospero's mansion.
4. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
(b) Lunch time.
5. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caliban lament at the end of 3.4?
2. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
3. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
4. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
5. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
2. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
3. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
4. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
5. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
6. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
7. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
8. What does the expression "time to shake the coconut palm" mean in 2.3?
9. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
10. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)