|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He snores.
(b) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(c) He eats before the other men.
(d) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
2. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
(c) Life changes.
3. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
(a) The secret to life.
(b) The truth about Prospero.
(c) How to escape the island.
(d) Miranda's name.
4. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
(a) A chicken.
(b) Colorful clothes.
(c) A stick.
(d) A sword.
5. What does Caliban lament at the end of 3.4?
(a) The weather.
(b) The snakes.
(c) That he is surrounded by idiots.
(d) The lack of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
2. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
3. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
4. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
5. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
2. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
3. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
4. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
5. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
6. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
7. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
8. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
9. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
10. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)