|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
2. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
(b) Racks of beef.
(c) Bottles of wine.
(d) Glass trinkets.
3. What does Miranda accuse Ferdinand of at the start of 3.5?
(b) An affair.
(d) Conspiring against her father.
4. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
5. What does Prospero tell the nobles in 3.4 will be returned to them?
(a) Their slaves.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their ship.
(d) Their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
2. Who is Ferdinand going to christen in 3.1?
3. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
4. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
5. Who pities Ferdinand in 3.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
2. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
3. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
4. Describe the conversation about mud in 3.4.
5. Who offers to help Ferdinand in the field in 3.1? What does Ferdinand want instead?
6. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
7. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
8. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
9. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
10. Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play.
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)