|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
(a) A megaphone.
(b) A sword.
(c) The king.
(d) A raft.
2. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
3. What is a tempest?
(a) An angry man.
(b) An angry woman.
(c) A storm with high winds.
(d) A stubborn child.
4. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) Irrigating the fields.
(b) An ox and plow.
(c) A rain dance.
(d) Lots of rain.
5. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
(a) In groups of three.
(b) In groups of ten.
(d) In pairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ariel dream about building with in 2.1?
2. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
3. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
4. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
5. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
2. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
3. Where does Ariel visit at the start of 2.1, and what does he see there?
4. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
5. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
6. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
7. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
8. What violent act of nature occurs at the start of 1.1? What is it compared to?
9. What was Cesaire's college career like?
10. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)