|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
(b) Antonio and Alonso.
2. In 1.1, who tells the passengers on the ship to return to their cabin?
(a) The captain.
(b) The king.
(c) The boatswain.
(d) The queen.
3. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
4. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Based on their position in life.
(b) Based on their character.
(c) Based on their hair color.
(d) Based on their height.
5. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) The king.
(b) The storm.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
2. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
3. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
4. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
5. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
2. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
3. What does Caliban whisper to Ferdinand, and how does Ferdinand use that information in 3.1?
4. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
5. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
6. When Cesaire and his wife moved back to his native land, what did they do?
7. What does Prospero give back to the nobles in 3.5?
8. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
9. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
10. Describe the part of the tempest.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)