|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
(c) A brain.
(d) A conscious.
2. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
3. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) A boat.
(c) A magic rope.
(d) A storm.
4. How does Gonzalo describe the lands they are approaching in 1.1?
5. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
(a) The men's arrival to the Island.
(b) The marriage of the queen.
(c) The storm.
(d) The end of the kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
2. Who do Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio call for at the start of 1.1?
3. What do the characters select at the start of the Prologue?
4. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
5. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cesaire and his wife moved back to his native land, what did they do?
2. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
3. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
4. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
5. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
6. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
7. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
8. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
9. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
10. Where does Ariel visit at the start of 2.1, and what does he see there?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)