|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which island was Cesaire born on?
(b) St. Croix.
(d) St. Thomas.
2. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The Holy Inquisition.
(c) The police.
(d) The princess.
3. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) The hell that awaits them.
(d) The beauty of the next day.
4. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
(a) The Master of Ceremonies.
5. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
(c) Tax inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesaire compare the future of Africa to?
2. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
3. What caused Prospero to be on the island?
4. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
5. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caliban describe his relationship with Ariel in 2.1?
2. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
3. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
4. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
5. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
6. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
7. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
8. What are Cesaire's opinions on colonization?
9. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
10. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)