|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesaire's writing focus on toward the end of his career?
(c) Art critism.
2. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
3. What does Cesaire compare the future of Africa to?
(a) A dying kangaroo.
(b) A raging lion.
(c) A Phoenix rising.
(d) A sneaky cougar.
4. Why in 2.2 does Gonzalo believe the food is returned to them?
(a) They are worthy of food.
(b) They asked nicely.
(c) The Powers took pity on them.
(d) They cried.
5. What does Caliban think is better than humiliation in 2.1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio call for at the start of 1.1?
2. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
3. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
4. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
5. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
2. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
3. What do the men in 2.3 need to do in order to gain Prospero's forgiveness?
4. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
5. How does Caliban describe his relationship with Ariel in 2.1?
6. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
7. What does Ferdinand sing about at the start of 3.1? What is his emotional state?
8. When Cesaire and his wife moved back to his native land, what did they do?
9. In 3.5, how does Prospero treat Trinculo and Stephano?
10. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)