|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
2. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
(d) The Master of Ceremonies.
3. What caused Prospero to be on the island?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) They were exiled.
(c) He couldn't please the king.
(d) Lack of a compass.
4. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
(b) An ox and plow.
(c) A miracle.
(d) Man power.
5. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
2. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
3. Who is Miranda's father?
4. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
5. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
2. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
3. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
4. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
5. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
6. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
7. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
8. What movements is Cesaire known for?
9. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
10. How does the Master of Ceremonies instruct people to choose their masks?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)