|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Based on their position in life.
(b) Based on their height.
(c) Based on their character.
(d) Based on their hair color.
2. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
3. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
(a) The Raging Lion Party.
(b) African Nation United.
(c) Martinican Progressive Party.
(d) Freedom Rings Party.
4. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
(a) A brain.
(d) A conscious.
5. Why in 2.2 does Gonzalo believe the food is returned to them?
(a) The Powers took pity on them.
(b) They are worthy of food.
(c) They cried.
(d) They asked nicely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a tempest?
2. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
3. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
4. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
5. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
2. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
3. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
4. How did Prospero end up on the island?
5. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
6. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
7. Who reunites with his son in 3.5, and what is his reaction?
8. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
9. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
10. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)