|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is homey.
(c) It is uncultivated.
(d) It smells.
2. Which literary device does Cesaire use to fight for freedom?
3. What does Ariel tell Caliban about Prospero in 2.1?
(a) That Prospero is plotting revenge against him.
(b) That Prospero is dying.
(c) That Prospero wants to marry his daughter.
(d) That Prospero is moving.
4. Which island was Cesaire born on?
(b) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Croix.
5. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
(b) The Tempest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
2. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
3. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
4. What title did Prospero once hold?
5. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Cesaire's college career like?
2. Where does Ariel visit at the start of 2.1, and what does he see there?
3. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
4. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
5. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
6. What violent act of nature occurs at the start of 1.1? What is it compared to?
7. What movements is Cesaire known for?
8. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
9. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
10. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)