|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A role.
(b) A seat.
(c) A roomate.
(d) A chore.
2. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(a) Bear droppings.
(b) Scraps of food.
(d) Hay seeds.
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
(a) They are terrible.
(b) The are evil.
(c) They are scary.
(d) They aren't the worst.
4. What characters are named on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Prospero, Ariel, and Prince.
(b) Richard, Puck, Charles, Macbeth.
(c) Prospero, Ariel, Caliban, Stephano, Trinculo, Miranda, Ferdinand, Antonio, Alonso, and Eshu
(d) King, Prince, Slave, God.
5. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
(a) In groups of three.
(b) In pairs.
(c) In groups of ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a tempest?
2. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
3. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
4. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
5. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which Gods and Goddesses attend the engagement party in 3.3? Who is not invited?
2. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
3. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
4. What does Gonzalo think about the island in 2.2? What does Sebastian think?
5. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
6. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
7. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
8. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
9. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
10. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)