|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
(a) He thinks the idea is ridiculous but true.
(b) He this it is true.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He thinks it is ridiculous.
2. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
(b) The Devil.
(c) The tempest.
(d) The slave.
3. How are Ariel and Caliban related?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Sisters in slavery.
(c) Brothers in slavery.
(d) Cousins twice removed.
4. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Destroy his serenity.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Kill his child.
5. What does Ariel tell Caliban about Prospero in 2.1?
(a) That Prospero is moving.
(b) That Prospero is dying.
(c) That Prospero wants to marry his daughter.
(d) That Prospero is plotting revenge against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
2. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
3. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
4. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
5. What does Gonzalo think of the island in 2.2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
2. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
3. Describe the part of the tempest.
4. How did Prospero end up on the island?
5. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
6. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
7. Where does Ariel visit at the start of 2.1, and what does he see there?
8. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
9. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
10. How does the Master of Ceremonies instruct people to choose their masks?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)