|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
(a) He this it is true.
(b) He thinks it is ridiculous.
(c) He thinks the idea is ridiculous but true.
(d) He does not care.
2. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
3. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because he is lonely.
(b) Because the ship went down.
(c) Because Eshu died.
(d) Because he is in love with Miranda.
4. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
(c) The King.
5. Who does Miranda cry out to at the start of 1.2?
(a) The captain.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
2. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
3. In 1.1, who tells the passengers on the ship to return to their cabin?
4. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
5. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Prospero and Miranda's life like prior to the island?
2. When Cesaire and his wife moved back to his native land, what did they do?
3. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
4. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
5. Describe the part of the tempest.
6. What does Gonzalo think about the island in 2.2? What does Sebastian think?
7. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
8. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
9. What is Ariel's opinion about Prospero's tricks with the food in 2.2?
10. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)