|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
(a) He can't be trusted.
(b) He is on to something.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is brilliant.
2. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To save her cat.
(c) To help her get dressed.
(d) To save the sinking ship.
3. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
4. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
(a) Discourse on Colonialism.
(b) Democrats in action.
(c) Communism at it's Peak.
(d) French Grammar II.
5. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
(a) Tax inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
2. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
3. At the start of 2.1, what is Caliban voicing his opinion about?
4. Who does Miranda cry out to at the start of 1.2?
5. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
2. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
3. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
4. What was Prospero and Miranda's life like prior to the island?
5. Describe the part of the tempest.
6. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
7. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
8. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
9. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
10. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)