Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The storm is passing.
(b) The boat is sinking.
(c) The day is breaking.
(d) The boat is sturdy.
2. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
(a) His daughter.
(d) A royal position.
3. What is a tempest?
(a) A stubborn child.
(b) A storm with high winds.
(c) An angry man.
(d) An angry woman.
4. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
5. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(a) A comet.
(b) A rainbow.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
2. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
3. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
4. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
5. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
2. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
3. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
4. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
5. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
6. How did Prospero end up on the island?
7. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
8. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
9. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
10. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)