|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
(a) The hell that awaits them.
(b) The beauty of the next day.
(c) Good fortune.
(d) Bad weather.
2. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He loves it!
(b) He comes up with a better plan.
(c) He bgins to implement it.
(d) He tells him to shut up.
3. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
4. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
(a) He thinks the idea is ridiculous but true.
(b) He thinks it is ridiculous.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He this it is true.
5. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
2. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
3. In the Prologue, what do the remaining people on stage do?
4. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
5. What did the king's adviser give to Prospero before he came to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
2. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
3. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
4. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
5. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
6. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
7. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
8. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
9. What violent act of nature occurs at the start of 1.1? What is it compared to?
10. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)