|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Ariel and Caliban related?
(a) Brothers in slavery.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Sisters in slavery.
(d) Cousins twice removed.
2. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
(a) Harrass them.
(b) Force them.
(c) Tickle them.
(d) Beg them.
3. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
(a) Plowing the fields.
(c) Escaping the island.
4. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
5. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Master of Ceremonies not have a problem with in the Prologue?
2. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
4. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
5. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
2. What is Ariel's opinion about Prospero's tricks with the food in 2.2?
3. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
4. How does Caliban describe his relationship with Ariel in 2.1?
5. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
6. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
7. What movements is Cesaire known for?
8. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
9. What violent act of nature occurs at the start of 1.1? What is it compared to?
10. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)