|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
2. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(b) Strange creatures.
(c) Sea Nymphs.
3. Which island was Cesaire born on?
(a) St. Croix.
(b) St. Thomas.
4. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
5. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
(a) His maker.
(b) His bride.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
2. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
3. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
4. What do the characters select at the start of the Prologue?
5. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
2. What was Prospero and Miranda's life like prior to the island?
3. What does Gonzalo think about the island in 2.2? What does Sebastian think?
4. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
5. What movements is Cesaire known for?
6. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
7. What play is A Tempest based on? Who is the author of the original play?
8. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
9. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
10. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)