|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesaire compare the future of Africa to?
(a) A dying kangaroo.
(b) A Phoenix rising.
(c) A sneaky cougar.
(d) A raging lion.
2. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
(a) Who sent him.
(b) How he gets food.
(c) Where he was born.
(d) Who he is betroved to.
3. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
(a) The beauty of the next day.
(b) The hell that awaits them.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Good fortune.
4. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(b) Bonjour Amie!
(c) The Native Palm.
(d) Freedom Rings.
5. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
2. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
3. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
4. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
5. What was Prospero accused of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Cesaire's opinions on colonization?
2. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
3. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
4. What movements is Cesaire known for?
5. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
6. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
7. How does Caliban describe his relationship with Ariel in 2.1?
8. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
9. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
10. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)