|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A comet.
(d) The sun.
2. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
(a) His maker.
(b) The king.
(c) His bride.
(d) The queen.
3. What does Gonzalo think of the island in 2.2?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is in ill-repair.
(c) It lacks food.
(d) It is ugly.
4. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
5. What is the weather like as the play begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
2. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
3. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
4. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
5. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
2. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
3. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
4. Where does Ariel visit at the start of 2.1, and what does he see there?
5. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
6. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
7. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
8. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
9. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
10. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)