|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
(a) He is stronger.
(b) He is richer.
(c) He is more powerful.
(d) He is more handsome.
2. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) Irrigating the fields.
(b) An ox and plow.
(c) Lots of rain.
(d) A rain dance.
3. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
(d) The King.
4. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A boat.
(b) An iceberg.
(c) A magic rope.
(d) A storm.
5. How does Gonzalo describe the lands they are approaching in 1.1?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of 2.1, what is Caliban voicing his opinion about?
2. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
3. What does Ariel tell Caliban about Prospero in 2.1?
4. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
5. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
2. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
3. Who refuses to eat the food in 2.2 and why?
4. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
5. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
6. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
7. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
8. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
9. How did Prospero end up on the island?
10. What movements is Cesaire known for?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)