|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miranda's father?
(d) The captain.
2. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) The storm.
(b) Their kingdom.
(c) Their wives.
(d) The king.
3. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
4. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
(c) Plowing the fields.
(d) Escaping the island.
5. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He would be a good father.
(b) He is not the collaborating type.
(c) He has potential.
(d) He makes good choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
2. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
3. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
4. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
5. What does Alonso say in 2.2 is wrong with all of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Cesaire's college career like?
2. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
3. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
4. Describe the part of the tempest.
5. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
6. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
7. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
8. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
9. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
10. What was Prospero and Miranda's life like prior to the island?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)