|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
(a) Because he is a man.
(b) Because he is rude.
(c) Because he is wealthy.
(d) Because of his relation to the king.
2. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
(a) African Nation United.
(b) Martinican Progressive Party.
(c) The Raging Lion Party.
(d) Freedom Rings Party.
3. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
(d) A roll of thunder.
4. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(a) Freedom Rings.
(b) Bonjour Amie!
(d) The Native Palm.
5. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
(a) Escaping the island.
(d) Plowing the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
2. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
3. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
4. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
5. What does Ariel wish for Caliban at the end of 2.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
2. How does the Master of Ceremonies instruct people to choose their masks?
3. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
4. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
5. How does Caliban describe his relationship with Ariel in 2.1?
6. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
7. What movements is Cesaire known for?
8. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
9. When Cesaire and his wife moved back to his native land, what did they do?
10. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)