|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) An ox and plow.
(b) Lots of rain.
(c) Irrigating the fields.
(d) A rain dance.
2. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
3. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
4. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
(a) A royal position.
(d) His daughter.
5. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
2. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
3. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
4. Who is Miranda's father?
5. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
2. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
3. How does the Master of Ceremonies instruct people to choose their masks?
4. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
5. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
6. What was Prospero and Miranda's life like prior to the island?
7. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
8. How did Prospero end up on the island?
9. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
10. What violent act of nature occurs at the start of 1.1? What is it compared to?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)