|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
(b) A roll of thunder.
2. Which literary device does Cesaire use to fight for freedom?
3. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
(a) A royal position.
(b) His daughter.
4. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
(a) Kill his child.
(b) Bribe him.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Destroy his serenity.
5. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The Capitain.
(b) The boatswain.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
2. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
3. In 2.2, who says "wondrous land can only contain wonderful creatures"?
4. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
5. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
2. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
3. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
4. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
5. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
6. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
7. What movements is Cesaire known for?
8. Where does Ariel visit at the start of 2.1, and what does he see there?
9. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
10. What was Cesaire's college career like?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)