|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
2. At the start of 2.1, what is Caliban voicing his opinion about?
(a) Italian politics.
(b) The wrath of Shango.
(c) The benefits of a vegetarian diet.
(d) Greek mythology.
3. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
(a) The Raging Lion Party.
(b) Freedom Rings Party.
(c) African Nation United.
(d) Martinican Progressive Party.
4. What was Prospero accused of?
5. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A magic rope.
(b) An iceberg.
(c) A storm.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
2. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
3. What did Cesaire study in college?
4. Why in 2.2 does Gonzalo believe the food is returned to them?
5. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
2. What was Cesaire's college career like?
3. Describe the part of the tempest.
4. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
5. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
6. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
7. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
8. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
9. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
10. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)