|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
(d) New York.
2. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
(c) The king.
(d) The captain.
3. What does Caliban think is better than humiliation in 2.1?
4. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
(a) To save the sinking ship.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To save her cat.
(d) To help her get dressed.
5. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
2. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
3. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
4. In 2.2, who says "wondrous land can only contain wonderful creatures"?
5. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ariel's opinion about Prospero's tricks with the food in 2.2?
2. How did Prospero end up on the island?
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
4. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
5. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
6. What violent act of nature occurs at the start of 1.1? What is it compared to?
7. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
8. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
9. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
10. What are Cesaire's opinions on colonization?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)