|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
2. What is Gonzalo's goal for the island in 2.2?
(a) To give the land to the king.
(b) To keep it a peaceful place.
(c) To build condos.
(d) To enslave the population.
3. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
(b) New York.
4. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
(a) Antonio and Alonso.
5. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
2. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
3. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
4. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
5. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
2. Who is Ariel and what is his role on the island?
3. How does the Master of Ceremonies instruct people to choose their masks?
4. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
5. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
6. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
7. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
8. What was Cesaire's college career like?
9. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
10. Describe the part of the tempest.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)