|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
(a) Ask him to dinner.
(b) Make him his brother.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Sell him to a carnival.
2. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Dine with him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Show him at a carnival.
3. Who pities Ferdinand in 3.1?
4. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He scolds him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He hugs him.
(d) He hits him.
5. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
6. What animal does Trinculo complain about in 3.4?
7. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) The sand.
(b) Prosperp's soul.
(c) The mud in Europe.
(d) A bird's droppings.
8. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
9. What does Caliban lament at the end of 3.4?
(a) The snakes.
(b) The lack of food.
(c) That he is surrounded by idiots.
(d) The weather.
10. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
11. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
(a) Miranda and Prospero.
(c) Two spirits.
(d) The king.
12. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She is afraid of her father.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She loves him.
13. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
14. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
(a) Tell Ferdinand her name.
(b) Dance in public.
(c) Eat from the tree of knowledge.
(d) Wear skirts.
15. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
2. Who is Ferdinand going to christen in 3.1?
3. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
4. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
5. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)