|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
2. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(d) The king.
3. What are the voices yelling about when 3.4 begins?
(a) Lack of food.
(c) Lack of water.
(d) Wild animals.
4. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He scolds him.
(d) He hugs him.
5. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(c) Make predictions.
6. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
(b) Leap Frog.
7. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
8. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
(a) Dance in public.
(b) Wear skirts.
(c) Eat from the tree of knowledge.
(d) Tell Ferdinand her name.
9. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
10. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
(b) Celebrate the new baby.
(c) Celebrate the contract of love.
11. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
(b) The rain.
(d) His lack of money.
12. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) Joy to the World.
(b) A children's folk song.
(c) A battle song.
(d) A hymn.
13. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
(a) To threaten them.
(b) Because he can.
(c) To impress them.
(d) To scare them.
14. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(d) Trinculo and Spencer.
15. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
2. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
3. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
4. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
5. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)