|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
2. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a Devil.
(b) Like a King.
(c) Like a God.
(d) Like a servant.
3. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(a) To be civilized.
(b) A haircut.
(d) To be hobbled.
4. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
5. What does Miranda accuse Ferdinand of at the start of 3.5?
(c) Conspiring against her father.
(d) An affair.
6. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
(a) An engagement.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A feast.
(d) A funeral.
7. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
(a) A horse's tail.
(b) Caliban's clothes.
(c) Palm leaves.
(d) Caliban's tent.
8. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(a) Trinculo and Spencer.
9. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
(a) Juno and Ceres.
(b) Zeus and Athena.
10. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
11. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
12. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
(a) Knight him.
(b) Make him his brother.
(c) Ask him to dinner.
(d) Sell him to a carnival.
13. Who is Ferdinand going to christen in 3.1?
(b) His daughter.
(d) His son.
14. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His ship.
(b) His arm.
(c) His rank.
(d) His leg.
15. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He praises him.
(d) He scolds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
2. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
3. In 3.1, who offers to help Ferdinand with his task?
4. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
5. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)