|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A children's folk song.
(b) Joy to the World.
(c) A hymn.
(d) A battle song.
3. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is afraid of her father.
(d) She is shy.
4. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She hushes him.
(d) She runs away.
5. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Dine with him.
(c) Show him at a carnival.
(d) Hug him.
6. Who do Miranda and Ferdinand receive a blessing from in 3.4?
7. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
8. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
(b) Bring gifts.
9. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
(a) Caliban's clothes.
(b) Caliban's tent.
(c) Palm leaves.
(d) A horse's tail.
10. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
11. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(c) Trinculo and Spencer.
12. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(b) He snores.
(c) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(d) He eats before the other men.
13. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
(a) Leap Frog.
14. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
(b) They giggle.
(c) They cry.
(d) They scream.
15. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A box.
(b) A set of dishes.
(c) A wand.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
2. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
3. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
4. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
5. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)