|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(a) Not marrying Miranda.
(b) Wronging Prospero.
(d) Not taking control of the island.
2. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
(a) A sword.
(b) A stick.
(c) A chicken.
(d) Colorful clothes.
3. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
4. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(b) To be hobbled.
(c) To be civilized.
(d) A haircut.
5. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(d) The king.
6. Where does 3.3 open?
(a) Prospero's mansion.
(b) Prospero's cave.
(c) The beach.
(d) A caste.
7. Who does Prospero order to complete Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
8. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
9. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He praises him.
(b) He scolds him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He hugs him.
10. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
(a) For not saying hello.
(b) For coming without an invitation.
(c) For scaring his daughter.
(d) For not taking off his shoes.
11. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
12. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His leg.
(b) His rank.
(c) His ship.
(d) His arm.
13. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
(b) Sebastian and Antonio.
14. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) Prosperp's soul.
(b) The sand.
(c) The mud in Europe.
(d) A bird's droppings.
15. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
(a) Tell Ferdinand her name.
(b) Dance in public.
(c) Wear skirts.
(d) Eat from the tree of knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
2. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
3. What does Caliban chase away at the start of 3.4?
4. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
5. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)