|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
(a) A stick.
(b) A chicken.
(c) Colorful clothes.
(d) A sword.
2. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
3. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Show him at a carnival.
(b) Dine with him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hug him.
4. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) The rain.
5. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He scolds him.
6. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
7. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
(a) Juno, Zeus, and Athena.
(b) Zeus and Prometheus.
(c) Athena and Zeus.
(d) Juno, Ceres, and Iris.
8. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
(a) The Master of Ceremonies.
9. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He eats before the other men.
(b) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(c) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
(d) He snores.
10. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
11. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She hushes him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She runs away.
12. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
13. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
(a) Catching a fairie.
(b) Beating Prospero.
(c) Eating a good meal.
(d) Seeing his son.
14. In 3.1, who offers to help Ferdinand with his task?
15. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A hymn.
(b) Joy to the World.
(c) A battle song.
(d) A children's folk song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
2. What does Prospero tell the nobles in 3.4 will be returned to them?
3. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
4. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
5. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)