|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonio mock the king in 2.3?
(a) He eats before the other men.
(b) He was the one that got them into this mess.
(c) He snores.
(d) He sleeps instead of watching his men.
2. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is afraid of her father.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She loves him.
3. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(a) Not marrying Miranda.
(b) Wronging Prospero.
(d) Not taking control of the island.
4. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
5. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(d) The king.
6. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
(b) The king.
(c) Two spirits.
(d) Miranda and Prospero.
7. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Caliban and Ariel.
(d) Ariel and Alfonso.
8. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
9. Who goes to Prospero for forgiveness in 2.3?
(c) Sebastian and Antonio.
10. Who pities Ferdinand in 3.1?
11. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a God.
(b) Like a Devil.
(c) Like a servant.
(d) Like a King.
12. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
(c) Life changes.
13. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
(c) Zeus and Athena.
(d) Juno and Ceres.
14. What animal does Trinculo complain about in 3.4?
15. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
2. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
3. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
4. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
5. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)