|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She hushes him.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She hits him.
2. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
(b) Celebrate the new baby.
(d) Celebrate the contract of love.
3. What does Miranda accuse Ferdinand of at the start of 3.5?
(b) Conspiring against her father.
(c) An affair.
4. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(a) Wronging Prospero.
(b) Not taking control of the island.
(c) Not marrying Miranda.
5. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
(b) Lunch time.
6. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
7. What are the voices yelling about when 3.4 begins?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) Wild animals.
(d) Lack of food.
8. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
9. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
10. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
11. Who do Miranda and Ferdinand receive a blessing from in 3.4?
12. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
13. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
(a) Wear skirts.
(b) Eat from the tree of knowledge.
(c) Dance in public.
(d) Tell Ferdinand her name.
14. What does Prospero tell the nobles in 3.4 will be returned to them?
(a) Their slaves.
(b) Their ship.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their clothes.
15. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
(a) The truth about Prospero.
(b) Miranda's name.
(c) How to escape the island.
(d) The secret to life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
2. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
3. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
4. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
5. In 2.3, what time does Antonio say it is?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)