|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A battle song.
(b) A children's folk song.
(c) A hymn.
(d) Joy to the World.
2. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(a) Trinculo and Spencer.
3. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
4. Where does 3.3 open?
(a) Prospero's cave.
(b) A caste.
(c) The beach.
(d) Prospero's mansion.
5. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He scolds him.
6. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
7. Who is Ferdinand going to christen in 3.1?
(a) His son.
(d) His daughter.
8. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(b) Caliban and Ariel.
(c) Ariel and Alfonso.
(d) Miranda and Caliban.
9. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
(a) Palm leaves.
(b) A horse's tail.
(c) Caliban's clothes.
(d) Caliban's tent.
10. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
(c) Bring gifts.
11. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a King.
(b) Like a Devil.
(c) Like a servant.
(d) Like a God.
12. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) A bird's droppings.
(b) The sand.
(c) Prosperp's soul.
(d) The mud in Europe.
13. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A box.
(b) A wand.
(c) A set of dishes.
(d) A song.
14. In 3.2 where does Caliban sleep?
(a) In an open field.
(b) In a house.
(c) Under a wheelbarrow.
(d) In a tent.
15. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(b) Make predictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
2. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
3. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
4. Who appoints himself king in 3.2?
5. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)