|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
(b) Life changes.
2. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
3. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(a) To be hobbled.
(b) A haircut.
(c) To be civilized.
4. What are the voices yelling about when 3.4 begins?
(a) Wild animals.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) Lack of water.
5. In 3.2 where does Caliban sleep?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In a house.
(c) Under a wheelbarrow.
(d) In an open field.
6. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
7. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
(a) Athena and Zeus.
(b) Zeus and Prometheus.
(c) Juno, Zeus, and Athena.
(d) Juno, Ceres, and Iris.
8. What animal does Trinculo complain about in 3.4?
9. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(c) Make predictions.
10. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) The mud in Europe.
(b) Prosperp's soul.
(c) A bird's droppings.
(d) The sand.
11. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
(a) Leap Frog.
12. Who does Prospero order to complete Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
13. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A hymn.
(b) A battle song.
(c) A children's folk song.
(d) Joy to the World.
14. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
(c) Zeus and Athena.
(d) Juno and Ceres.
15. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Caliban and Ariel.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Ariel and Alfonso.
(d) Miranda and Caliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
2. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
3. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
4. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
5. Who pities Ferdinand in 3.1?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)