|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
2. What game do Miranda and Ferdinand play at the start of 3.5?
(b) Leap Frog.
3. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(c) Make predictions.
4. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
(a) A bear.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(c) The other men sleeping.
(d) The other men eating.
5. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
(a) A horse's tail.
(b) Palm leaves.
(c) Caliban's clothes.
(d) Caliban's tent.
6. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
(a) Juno, Ceres, and Iris.
(b) Athena and Zeus.
(c) Zeus and Prometheus.
(d) Juno, Zeus, and Athena.
7. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
(c) Life changes.
8. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He scolds him.
(d) He hugs him.
9. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
10. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Dine with him.
(d) Show him at a carnival.
11. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
12. Who do Miranda and Ferdinand receive a blessing from in 3.4?
13. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(b) A haircut.
(c) To be civilized.
(d) To be hobbled.
14. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A children's folk song.
(b) Joy to the World.
(c) A battle song.
(d) A hymn.
15. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His rank.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miranda respond in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
2. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
3. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
4. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
5. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)