|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
2. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His rank.
(d) His ship.
3. What are the voices yelling about when 3.4 begins?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Lack of water.
4. What does Caliban chase away at the start of 3.4?
(b) Venemous animals.
(c) Small children.
5. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
(a) Juno and Ceres.
(d) Zeus and Athena.
6. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A wand.
(b) A set of dishes.
(c) A song.
(d) A box.
7. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
(a) To be civilized.
(b) A haircut.
(d) To be hobbled.
8. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
9. Who pities Ferdinand in 3.1?
10. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
11. What does Prospero forbid Miranda to do in 3.1?
(a) Dance in public.
(b) Wear skirts.
(c) Tell Ferdinand her name.
(d) Eat from the tree of knowledge.
12. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
(a) Bottles of wine.
(b) Racks of beef.
(d) Glass trinkets.
13. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
(a) Antonio and Sebastian.
(b) Arial and Sebastian.
(c) Arial and Prospero.
(d) Miranda and Fernando.
14. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
(b) His lack of money.
(c) The rain.
15. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A hymn.
(b) A battle song.
(c) Joy to the World.
(d) A children's folk song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
2. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
3. What animal does Trinculo complain about in 3.4?
4. In 3.1, who offers to help Ferdinand with his task?
5. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)