|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a servant.
(b) Like a God.
(c) Like a King.
(d) Like a Devil.
2. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
(c) Celebrate the contract of love.
(d) Celebrate the new baby.
3. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
4. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
5. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
(a) The truth about Prospero.
(b) How to escape the island.
(c) The secret to life.
(d) Miranda's name.
6. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A stick.
(c) A sword.
(d) Colorful clothes.
7. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is afraid of her father.
(d) She loves him.
8. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(d) The king.
9. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(d) Make predictions.
10. In 3.2 where does Caliban sleep?
(a) Under a wheelbarrow.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In an open field.
(d) In a house.
11. What does Caliban sing about at the end of the play?
12. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
13. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
(a) A wand.
(b) A set of dishes.
(c) A box.
(d) A song.
14. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
15. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A battle song.
(b) A hymn.
(c) Joy to the World.
(d) A children's folk song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prospero order to complete Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
2. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
3. Who in 2.3 prevents the death of Sebastian's brother?
4. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
5. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)