|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) A bird's droppings.
(b) The sand.
(c) The mud in Europe.
(d) Prosperp's soul.
2. Who do Miranda and Ferdinand receive a blessing from in 3.4?
3. What does Prospero tell Ariel to arrange on the side of the road in 3.3?
(a) Bottles of wine.
(b) Glass trinkets.
(d) Racks of beef.
4. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
(a) Celebrate the new baby.
(c) Celebrate the contract of love.
5. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
6. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a Devil.
(b) Like a servant.
(c) Like a God.
(d) Like a King.
7. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(d) Trinculo and Spencer.
8. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
(a) To threaten them.
(b) Because he can.
(c) To scare them.
(d) To impress them.
9. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
(a) They scream.
(b) They giggle.
(d) They cry.
10. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(a) The king.
11. In 3.1, who offers to help Ferdinand with his task?
12. What event are the men invited to by Ariel in 2.3?
(a) An engagement.
(b) A feast.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A funeral.
13. Why does Miranda respond the way she does in 3.1 to Ferdinand's compliments?
(a) She is afraid of her father.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She loves him.
14. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
15. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(a) Not marrying Miranda.
(b) Not taking control of the island.
(c) Wronging Prospero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
2. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
3. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
4. Who is yelling at the start of 3.4?
5. What gift does Eshu have for the celebrating couple in 3.3?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)