|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
(a) For not saying hello.
(b) For coming without an invitation.
(c) For scaring his daughter.
(d) For not taking off his shoes.
2. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(d) The king.
3. In 3.2, who exclaims "Down with tyrants!"
4. Who blesses the couple in 3.3?
(a) Juno and Ceres.
(d) Zeus and Athena.
5. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
(a) Eating a good meal.
(b) Seeing his son.
(c) Beating Prospero.
(d) Catching a fairie.
6. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Show him at a carnival.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Dine with him.
7. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
(a) Arial and Prospero.
(b) Arial and Sebastian.
(c) Miranda and Fernando.
(d) Antonio and Sebastian.
8. Who enters the stage in 3.2, singing and drinking wine?
9. How do the Goddesses react in 3.3 to Eshu's gift?
(a) They scream.
(b) They cry.
(d) They giggle.
10. Why does Caliban say in 3.4 that Prospero is showing his power?
(a) To threaten them.
(b) Because he can.
(c) To impress them.
(d) To scare them.
11. Who begs Prospero for mercy in 3.4?
12. Where does 3.3 open?
(a) The beach.
(b) Prospero's mansion.
(c) Prospero's cave.
(d) A caste.
13. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
(a) Athena and Zeus.
(b) Juno, Zeus, and Athena.
(c) Juno, Ceres, and Iris.
(d) Zeus and Prometheus.
14. What does Trinculo lament in 3.2?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) The rain.
15. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
(a) Sell him to a carnival.
(b) Make him his brother.
(c) Ask him to dinner.
(d) Knight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 3.3 does Miranda claim is more devil than God?
2. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
3. In 2.3, what time does Antonio say it is?
4. What does Caliban chase away at the start of 3.4?
5. What do Stephano and Trinculo decide Caliban needs in 3.2?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)