|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Caliban and Ariel.
(c) Ariel and Alfonso.
(d) Miranda and Ferdinand.
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A hymn.
(b) A children's folk song.
(c) Joy to the World.
(d) A battle song.
3. In 3.4, what does Stephano demand Trinculo have more of?
4. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(b) Wronging Prospero.
(c) Not taking control of the island.
(d) Not marrying Miranda.
5. What do the nymphs do at the celebration in 3.3?
(a) Make predictions.
6. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
(c) The Master of Ceremonies.
7. What are the voices yelling about when 3.4 begins?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Wild animals.
(d) Lack of water.
8. Why does Prospero scold Eshu in 3.3?
(a) For not taking off his shoes.
(b) For not saying hello.
(c) For scaring his daughter.
(d) For coming without an invitation.
9. At the start of 3.1 what does Ferdinand sing about?
(b) Life changes.
10. What in 3.4 is Alonso excited about?
(a) Eating a good meal.
(b) Catching a fairie.
(c) Seeing his son.
(d) Beating Prospero.
11. Where does 3.3 open?
(a) Prospero's mansion.
(b) Prospero's cave.
(c) A caste.
(d) The beach.
12. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
(c) Bring gifts.
13. What is Alonso prepared to give up in 2.3 if his son is returned to him?
(a) His arm.
(b) His rank.
(c) His ship.
(d) His leg.
14. What does Trinculo decide to use for shelter in 3.2?
(a) Palm leaves.
(b) Caliban's clothes.
(c) Caliban's tent.
(d) A horse's tail.
15. Who does Caliban tell Stephano he will need to defeat in 3.2 to rule the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caliban whisper in 3.1 to Ferdinand.
2. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
3. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
4. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
5. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)