|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
2. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(d) Trinculo and Spencer.
3. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) Joy to the World.
(b) A children's folk song.
(c) A hymn.
(d) A battle song.
4. In 3.2 where does Caliban sleep?
(a) In an open field.
(b) Under a wheelbarrow.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a house.
5. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
6. What does Prospero say when he sees Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He scolds him.
(d) He praises him.
7. How does Ferdinand feel at the start of 3.1?
8. Who does Alfonso learns in 2.3 rules over the island?
9. What does Trinculo see hanging from a rope in 3.4?
(a) Colorful clothes.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A sword.
(d) A stick.
10. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) Prosperp's soul.
(b) The sand.
(c) The mud in Europe.
(d) A bird's droppings.
11. What does Miranda accuse Ferdinand of at the start of 3.5?
(c) Conspiring against her father.
(d) An affair.
12. Who does Caliban warn Stephano about in 3.2?
13. How does Eshu claim in 3.3 he behaves towards his friends?
(a) Like a King.
(b) Like a Devil.
(c) Like a servant.
(d) Like a God.
14. Whose engagement is Prospero celebrating in 3.3?
(a) Miranda and Caliban.
(b) Miranda and Ferdinand.
(c) Ariel and Alfonso.
(d) Caliban and Ariel.
15. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
2. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
3. Who do Miranda and Ferdinand receive a blessing from in 3.4?
4. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
5. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)