|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to save Caliban from punishment in 3.4?
2. Who does Prospero free in 3.4?
3. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A battle song.
(b) A hymn.
(c) A children's folk song.
(d) Joy to the World.
4. Who calls Sebastian a coward in 2.3?
(a) The king.
5. What do the characters see at the start of 2.3 when they walk on stage?
(a) A bear.
(b) The other men eating.
(c) The other men sleeping.
(d) A beautiful girl.
6. Which Gods and Goddesses in 3.3 does Prospero invite to the celebration?
(a) Athena and Zeus.
(b) Juno, Zeus, and Athena.
(c) Juno, Ceres, and Iris.
(d) Zeus and Prometheus.
7. Who does Caliban shout a song to in 3.4?
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
8. What does Stephano compare the mud on the island to in 3.4?
(a) A bird's droppings.
(b) The sand.
(c) The mud in Europe.
(d) Prosperp's soul.
9. In 3.3, what does Iris beckon the nymphs to do?
(b) Celebrate the contract of love.
(c) Celebrate the new baby.
10. When Stephano sees Caliban, what does Stephano decide to do with him in 3.2?
(a) Show him at a carnival.
(b) Dine with him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hug him.
11. Who in 3.4 does Prospero say is the most devilish character he has ever seen?
12. In 3.4, what does Caliban regret?
(a) Not marrying Miranda.
(b) Wronging Prospero.
(d) Not taking control of the island.
13. Who enters the stage at the start of 3.2?
(c) Trinculo and Spencer.
14. What does Trinculo plan in 3.2, to do with Caliban if he is alive?
(a) Sell him to a carnival.
(b) Knight him.
(c) Make him his brother.
(d) Ask him to dinner.
15. Who enters the scene at the start of 2.3?
(a) Arial and Sebastian.
(b) Arial and Prospero.
(c) Antonio and Sebastian.
(d) Miranda and Fernando.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it when 3.4 begins?
2. Who does Sebastian order to kill his brother in 2.3?
3. What action is Ferdinand doing at the start of 3.1?
4. What animal does Trinculo complain about in 3.4?
5. What must the men do in 2.3 in order for Prospero to forgive them?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)