1. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
Cesaire uses creative writing to advance politics through his articles on colonization and negritude.
2. What movements is Cesaire known for?
Cesaire is known for his work in the surrealistic movement and the Pan-African movement.
3. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
Cesaire grew up in Martinique. His mother was a dress maker and his father was a tax collector.
4. What was Cesaire's college career like?
While in College, Cesaire studied teaching and started several journals.
5. When Cesaire and his wife moved back to his native land, what did they do?
When Cesaire and his wife moved back to Martinique, they were teachers and worked on political journals.
6. What are Cesaire's opinions on colonization?
Cesaire believes that people should shun colonization and Western ideals. They should maintain a modern attitude though.
7. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
The Master of Ceremonies instructs the actors in the Prologue. He never appears after the Prologue.
This section contains 1,499 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)