|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
(b) The Tempest.
2. What song does Caliban sing in 3.4 as he marches?
(a) A battle song.
(b) A children's folk song.
(c) Joy to the World.
(d) A hymn.
3. Who does Prospero order to complete Ferdinand's work in 3.1?
4. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
5. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) Their kingdom.
(b) The king.
(c) The storm.
(d) Their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of 3.4 who does Caliban plan to conquer?
2. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
3. Who is Ferdinand going to christen in 3.1?
4. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
5. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)